3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 499 posts
  • 150 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by HighProtein
  • Topic is favorited by 20 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 22 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_4678_(resized).JPG
    IMG_4594_(resized).JPG
    image_(resized).jpeg
    phof_emrow01_(resized).jpg
    taken_(resized).jpg
    taken_(resized).jpg
    triple_x_(resized).jpg
    2016-04-14_15.45.07_(resized).jpg
    zzzzz_(resized).jpg
    pinball-hall-of-fame_(resized).jpg
    pov89vluok_(resized).jpg
    checks__(resized).PNG
    tim_(resized).PNG
    o_(resized).jpg
    IMAG0054_(resized).jpg
    tokens_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider azpinguy.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#377 3 years ago
    Quoted from drsfmd:

I've been there a couple of times, and I'm planning to take next Friday off to pay them a visit. In my experience from the times I've been there (usually on weekends-- it's almost a 4 hour drive for me) you're absolutely right-- the place is almost always empty. It's not a function of the people or the pins though-- they have gone out of their way to be friendly, and almost all of the pins (if not all) are working at any given time. The problem there as I see it is the location... they are literally in the middle of no where. They are the better part of an hour from the nearest highway, in some tiny little burb with the nearest "real" city being Nashua. If they were closer to a highway, they would get far more people willing to travel-- but that would come with a corresponding higher cost of real estate/rent.

I am from Phoenix, AZ. I have been to PHoF many times. I went to a few events at the Big Hit shed as well... I always enjoyed my time at Tim's place. Yes it is in a crappy place. It is a pretty long bus ride off the strip. (I was at a convention for work and didn't have a rental car and because of the show, taxi's were an long wait in line... ) I felt there were a lot of locals there, and not a lot of pinball collector types...

I was in Boston last week. I drove the 45 minutes to Pelham, NH. I was very glad I did. It was BY FAR nicer than PHoF. They had Hobbit, Woz, Full Throttle, AMH, and about 20 brand new Sterns. They didn't have many EM's, but that isn't my thing. They did have a lot of classic arcade games, I played a few for nostalgia reasons. I would say that Pinball Wizard is worth a 3-4 hour drive from anywhere. The machines are spotless. And although there were a few issues with a few VUKs, the experience was awesome. I spent about $30 and left happy. Many of the newest games were $1... That was a bit of a drag... But I understand there are bills to be paid... It was as many have said almost empty, but I was there in the afternoon on a Thursday. Check out the picture (only 1/2 the place). And tell me it isn't awesome!
    I wish the owner were there as I would have liked to thanks her personally for running such a nice arcade!
    -Shawn

2016-04-14_15.45.07_(resized).jpg

#382 3 years ago

I wasn't really complaining about a dollar a game. But when you are trying to figure out the shots and the game I only lasts 2-3 minutes it does give you pause... What would non-pinball enthusiasts think? Or when AMH kicks the ball out right past the right flipper, or drops it right down the middle off the magnet, you are saying WTF? I did find more comfort in the many 90's Williams games that have much longer ball times. I guess that is the way of modern pinball design...

They said the pool tables bring in lots of teenagers in the evening. I'm not sure if that is a good thing personally, but they seemed excited about it.
    -S

1 week later
    #481 3 years ago

Couple of observations. Just painting the ceiling black would go a long way to making the PHoF look more "arcade" like, and less of run down retail space... I had to chuckle at the "it's my favorite place to go in Vegas" comments. I LOVE pinball... But if this is your favorite place to go in Vegas, Vegas isn't your town... "I don't really like to gamble so we love to come here. Says it all. "More fun than Video Poker!" WTF? Because they are so similar???
    Thought the Whoa Nellie on the opening of the video was an funny choice.
    I know Tim doesn't really embrace technology(post 1972), but he should try to step up to the modern era and have the "historic facts" on an app that uses RFID or QR (even cheaper) to ID the historically significant machines, and either plays the history of the machine in Tim's voice (would be the best) or at least shows a written description that he has on the yellowed index cards on a customers phone or tablet.
    -S

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 22.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 7.00
    Various Other Swag
    Project Pinball Charity
    $ 65.00
    Playfield - Plastics
    Vandelay Industries
    $ 249.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Great American Pinball
    $ 23.00
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    The MOD Couple
    $ 99.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 225.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 84.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    PinBoss Mods
    $ 399.99
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Great American Pinball
    $ 30.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 125.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 109.00
    Cabinet Parts
    Tilted Pinball
    $ 149.00
    $ 239.99
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Tilttopper
    $ 32.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 999.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 34.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 999.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 35.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    3D MODS
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 25.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Filament Printing
    $ 90.00
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider azpinguy.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside