(Topic ID: 157227)

Tim Arnold looking for protege to take over HOF

By westofrome

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4678_(resized).JPG
    IMG_4594_(resized).JPG
    image_(resized).jpeg
    phof_emrow01_(resized).jpg
    taken_(resized).jpg
    taken_(resized).jpg
    triple_x_(resized).jpg
    2016-04-14_15.45.07_(resized).jpg
    zzzzz_(resized).jpg
    pinball-hall-of-fame_(resized).jpg
    pov89vluok_(resized).jpg
    checks__(resized).PNG
    tim_(resized).PNG
    o_(resized).jpg
    IMAG0054_(resized).jpg
    tokens_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pinchroma.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#158 8 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

If anyone thinks they can do it better, they should just do it.
    Show me a Barcade that has a million dollars left over at the end of the year that they can donate to charity.
    Show me an Arcade with 300 pinball machines where every game is working and none have a broken plastic or wear on the playfield.
    If any of that stuff was doable, someone would already be doing it.

You haven't been to iplay in jersey. 400 arcades + pinball. All working perfectly 100% of the time. And a million bucks is probably their monthly arcade revenue. It's possible. You say he has a million dollars after the year is over. If your house was falling down and you had a million bucks in the bank, something is wrong. It really isn't defensible. It takes money to make money and successful business require reinvestment of some caliber cyclically.

Would you stay in a hotel that hasn't been renovated since the 70's? I doubt it. You will go to the shiny new place. It's human nature. If it's a dump, people will be one and done.

#165 8 years ago
    Quoted from cichlid:

Iplay had like 4 pinball machines

He said arcade. With video games. I play has a ton.

#168 8 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

I have been there.
    You aren't really trying to compare iplay pinball to PHOF pinball are you??????
    LOL, that's funny.
    (if you want to play Lasertag @ $12 for 10 minutes, or see 5000 Crane games all side by side, or pay $10 for a 9 minute 3D movie, iplay is your place)

I was at PHOF a month ago, nothing was falling down.
    Not only does he have a million dollars at the end of the year, he has a million dollars to give away.
    PHOF is a huge success.
    If anyone knew a way to do it better, they would be doing it.

So your idea of continued success and the ability to keep coming back is "nothing was falling down" and the barrage of complaints about the poor quality of the establishment has no merit? You sir have extremely low standards and are clearly making excuses. Obviously in the minority.

People would pay more and visit more frequently to a clean, properly maintained establishment. That's a fact but by no means let that detract from your stance.

To those with common sense, spend a bit more to make a lot more and you have a lot more to donate.

#192 8 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

With almost 900 reviews, PHOF has a 4.5 star rating on Yelp.
    http://www.yelp.com/biz/pinball-hall-of-fame-las-vegas
    With 1500 reviews, PHOF has a 4.5 star rating on TripAdviser:
    https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g45963-d620854-Reviews-Pinball_Hall_of_Fame-Las_Vegas_Nevada.html
    Obviously I am in the majority.
    You are trying (again) to make an argument out of air.
    As is often the case, the only people complaining are crybaby Pinsiders.

So again you're saying a dump will out earn a clean spruced up establishment with predominantly working games?

No. Common. Sense. Whatsoever.

I hope Extreme opens up a location directly across the street with a nice pinball hall. When people have no basis for comparison it would seem like a nostalgic Mecca. Put up a properly run competitor and watch the next 1500 call it a shit hole and it drops off the map in 6 months. Pinball people who know what they are looking at can see the potential of done properly. But again don't let logic and reason get in the way of an argument everyone in this thread but you understands.

#315 8 years ago
    Quoted from Cornelius:

So why don't the two of you super-in-the-know gentlemen just come right out and say what's on your minds rather than playing this CONfounding CONdesending game of yours? Is Tim a con man? Are there con games in Vegas?

I think they are saying the opposite. That Tim is Naive and the charities he gives to are CON's as are most "charities".

#381 8 years ago
    Quoted from azpinguy:

I am from Phoenix, AZ. I have been to PHoF many times. I went to a few events at the Big Hit shed as well... I always enjoyed my time at Tim's place. Yes it is in a crappy place. It is a pretty long bus ride off the strip. (I was at a convention for work and didn't have a rental car and because of the show, taxi's were an long wait in line... ) I felt there were a lot of locals there, and not a lot of pinball collector types...
    I was in Boston last week. I drove the 45 minutes to Pelham, NH. I was very glad I did. It was BY FAR nicer than PHoF. They had Hobbit, Woz, Full Throttle, AMH, and about 20 brand new Sterns. They didn't have many EM's, but that isn't my thing. They did have a lot of classic arcade games, I played a few for nostalgia reasons. I would say that Pinball Wizard is worth a 3-4 hour drive from anywhere. The machines are spotless. And although there were a few issues with a few VUKs, the experience was awesome. I spent about $30 and left happy. Many of the newest games were $1... That was a bit of a drag... But I understand there are bills to be paid... It was as many have said almost empty, but I was there in the afternoon on a Thursday. Check out the picture (only 1/2 the place). And tell me it isn't awesome!
    I wish the owner were there as I would have liked to thanks her personally for running such a nice arcade!
    -Shawn

2016-04-14_15.45.07_(resized).jpg

That place is SPOTLESS. That's how it should look.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pinchroma.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tim-arnold-looking-for-buyer-for-hof?tu=Pinchroma and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.