(Topic ID: 297411)

Tilt Topper. Long ass turnaround times to receive your topper.

By teddyb73

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 60 posts
  • 29 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by TigerLaw
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“How long has it taken Tilt Topper to fill your order?”

• It took over 3 months to receive your topper. 17 votes
      44%
    • It took two months to receive your topper. 8 votes
      21%
    • I received my topper one month or less. 2 votes
      5%
    • Never received your topper!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 12 votes
      31%

(39 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

CB25406A-1434-4EF5-B35E-D108906BDDF7 (resized).png

This topic is closed.

There are 60 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 2 years ago

Has anyone ever noticed when buying a topper from these guys it can take up to 3 months or longer to receive your topper from them?

When you email the owner what's going on it seems like he has every excuse under the sun why it hasn't been shipped out yet.

I've talked to three other people who bought off of them and they experienced the same thing.

#2 2 years ago

This is the second topper I bought from them. And I'm going through the same BS currently.

#3 2 years ago

I ordered their LOTR topper and it took a few months. I don't think they have a stock but rather build them as the orders come in.

#4 2 years ago

Should have bought my Jurasic Park topper for 1K...You would have it by now

#5 2 years ago

That is fine. But state that from the get-go. It's almost like the owner leads you on but when that time comes to ship in that original time period he comes up with an additional excuse why he hasn't shipped it out yet. Just be honest.

And on top of all that. When I received it, the color changing LED power supply was broken.

#6 2 years ago

I will never buy another topper for them because of the turnaround time and the customer service.

And to be honest with you the quality of the topper really isn't that great.

#7 2 years ago
    Quoted from JohnJ28:

Is it all 3-D printed stuff? That's why I'll never buy another overpriced playfield decor mod again.

#8 2 years ago

How about an option for “Never received your topper.” I ordered a TZ topper several years ago. Paid in full. When I inquire, get same old BS. “Soon”

#9 2 years ago
    Quoted from 1963BSARGS:

How about an option for “Never received your topper.” I ordered a TZ topper several years ago. Paid in full. When I inquire, get same old BS. “Soon”

There you go 1963BSARGS, option has been added. I'm sorry to hear that but not surprised. Hopefully you paid with credit card and can put a dispute in.

#10 2 years ago

I have had no issues with Tilt. I have four toppers most recent JP. Nice toppers in my opinion! Sorry for everyone’s delays.

#11 2 years ago
    Quoted from calprog:

I have had no issues with Tilt. I have four toppers most recent JP. Nice toppers in my opinion! Sorry for everyone’s delays.

I here what you are saying but the polls don't lie. Plus there is no excuse not to send out peoples orders if you take their money from them!

#12 2 years ago

I emailed them twice to see if they are making a GNR one. Never got a response. I bought a DI one from him yrs ago. Weird way to treat customers.

#13 2 years ago

Purchased two from tilt and yes I believe they build to order. Took awhile but worth the wait IMO!! From what I’m learning in this hobby, everything takes awhile. That sucks 1963BSARGS, I would still reach out to them and give them the opportunity to make it right!! Good luck

#14 2 years ago

Thank you for starting this thread as I’ve literally thought about doing so for the past week. I ordered 2 months ago and was told shipping within a few weeks. I reached out to Tilt 3 weeks ago and 10 days ago with no response. Just reached out again.

If I don’t hear anything this week I’ll just cancel and work through the credit card company. But purchasing goods shouldn’t be a PITA like this.

Funny thing is the day I placed my order, I went back and forth with them 3 times via email with very quick responses.

Quick to respond to get my money, but ghosting me to send me what’s paid for. That is a very bizarre business model.

#15 2 years ago

Everything is hand made, good things come to those who wait. Trent is a solid guy.

#16 2 years ago
    Quoted from rwmech5:

Everything is hand made, good things come to those who wait. Trent is a solid guy.

He's not solid when he takes people's money and doesn't produce what he sold them.

#17 2 years ago
    Quoted from rwmech5:

Trent is a solid guy.

A solid guy takes 10 seconds to respond to emails and to set proper expectations about delivery. He doesn’t give the hard sell, promise delivery in 3 weeks, then ghost you. That’s is the typical behavior of a scam artist! But if you know him…let Trent know he’s losing credibility and he should respond to people.

#18 2 years ago

This thread is a warning for people not to deal with Tilt Toppers. And they brought this bullshit on themselves.

#19 2 years ago

He is not a scam artist and has come through albeit a bit behind both times I've dealt with him. You will get your products.

#20 2 years ago
    Quoted from rwmech5:

Quoted from Riefepeters:

A solid guy takes 10 seconds to respond to emails and to set proper expectations about delivery. He doesn’t give the hard sell, promise delivery in 3 weeks, then ghost you. That’s is the typical behavior of a scam artist! But if you know him…let Trent know he’s losing credibility and he should respond to people.

Uh...just a heads up: Tilt Topper is NOT Tilt Amusements, which is owned by Trent Augenstein. Completely different company and one of the biggest Stern distros (the biggest, I think). Dan is the guy you're dealing with at Tilt Topper. No need to drag Trent into this.

#21 2 years ago

My mistake, yes it is Dan.

#22 2 years ago
    Quoted from teddyb73:

This thread is a warning for people not to deal with Tilt Toppers. And they brought this bullshit on themselves.

Tilt Toppers and BGResto are both companies run by guys who don't do this as their primary job. Could communication be better? Sure...and perhaps that's a reason for them not to continue running their companies if they're going to take the money and not keep in touch better with regards to completion of a customer's order. But I've gotten stuff from both of them--sometimes waiting up to 6 months--and have been completely satisfied with what they've done.

Great products, but a shitty long wait. I don't know...I'd be sad if they both closed up shop because I think they're both a great asset to the hobby.

#23 2 years ago

I hear what you're saying. But when you're Johnny on the spot responding to emails just to get people's money and once you have it, you make people wait and you don't respond to their emails.

That's just not right. It's bad business all the way around. It's also hard to defend.

#24 2 years ago
    Quoted from teddyb73:

I hear what you're saying. But when you're Johnny on the spot responding to emails just to get people's money and once you have it, you make people wait and you don't respond to their emails.
    That's just not right. It's bad business all the way around. It's also hard to defend.

I agree, and I'm not defending it. Hence...

Quoted from beelzeboob:

Could communication be better? Sure...and perhaps that's a reason for them not to continue running their companies if they're going to take the money and not keep in touch better with regards to completion of a customer's order.

#25 2 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

I agree, and I'm not defending it. Hence...

I know you think you're not. But you kind of are defending them.

#26 2 years ago
    Quoted from JohnJ28:

I know you think you're not. But you kind of are defending them.

Only the quality of the products - not the business practices. Please read what I wrote carefully.

#27 2 years ago
    Quoted from JohnJ28:

I will never buy another topper for them because of the turnaround time and the customer service.

Same here.

#28 2 years ago

I like their products… but dealing with this company is maddening to say the least! I’ve probably bought 4 or 5 toppers from them and I have been happy with them for the most part but it is a massive understatement to say that Dan sucks at communication and keeping the customer informed. He always gives me a date that is 2 or 3 weeks out for my topper to ship, and when I start asking questions there’s always one thing or another that makes it take at least 2 or 3 weeks longer than that. I don’t think I’ve ever had to wait longer than 7 or 8 weeks total, but I always wonder if I just sat back and didn’t bug Dan whether my toppers would have come as fast as they did.

#29 2 years ago
    Quoted from parsonsaj:

dealing with this company is maddening to say the least! I’ve probably bought 4 or 5 toppers from them

That's your own fault. Stop dealing with them. There is little incentive to change as long as people keep buying.

#30 2 years ago

Ive made a big order @ tilt a few months ago. I did not want to put something online as I know it can be busy and everybody can make a mistake .

But after not so good service here is my story
    First 2 weeks I got no answer and took 3 months to get the Parts

I’m in the netherlands I have to pay import fees . That’s oké as that’s my problem but They first send me 1 topper When I ordered 2.and another 1000+ in parts And some of it’s really bad quality. Then they send me the other order so again so another import fees. Then he told me they made a mistake with the order and send me another topper. And a part. Now 4 weeks later I have to chase them down and send PM. Still nothing send. Then he said yes ship it back the borken part and I’ll refund that also. I’m already down 100 extra because of the double shipping and now again I have to pay to ship it back.
    I asked for a refund last week and be done with this. He said oké and still nothing! Sorry but there service is verry bad .

He has time to post new things but no time to answer

#31 2 years ago

yeah ordered XMEN and Star Trek toppers but knew it was risky but after about 4 months and the most amazing stories of fail they showed up. Wouldn't do it again. I think he does this as a part time gig and simply doesn't have enough time.

#32 2 years ago

I knew nothing about Tilt/Dan a few months ago when I purchased. This thread has been enlightening. I’m also going to be more active to either get my money back or the paid for product as it’s not right.

In fact, I just checked up on Dans profile. This is interesting. Dan is responding in the past few days to forums helping when people aren’t getting responses from laseriffic toppers.

Usually, I’d say that’s awesome. I’m a huge fan of people helping people! But In this case, I’d ask how Habeboo has time to go out of the way to help when he cannot find time to simply respond to his own customers who have given him money 2+ months ago.

Again, the thing that irks me is his speedy replies to get my money and then the ghosting on follow up inquiries. Shady. And all that could have been avoided if Dan simply said…”topper delivery is X months out” - instead of a timeline that has come and passed already. I only reached out to Dan once his delivery date passed by a few weeks.

We would like a response @habeboo!!
    And on top of a response, a realistic actual timeline of getting paid for products might be nice too!
    CB25406A-1434-4EF5-B35E-D108906BDDF7 (resized).pngCB25406A-1434-4EF5-B35E-D108906BDDF7 (resized).png

#33 2 years ago

I just sent Tilt Topper a link to this thread.

Let's see how and if he responds.

#34 2 years ago
    Quoted from Riefepeters:

Thank you for starting this thread as I’ve literally thought about doing so for the past week. I ordered 2 months ago and was told shipping within a few weeks. I reached out to Tilt 3 weeks ago and 10 days ago with no response. Just reached out again.
    If I don’t hear anything this week I’ll just cancel and work through the credit card company. But purchasing goods shouldn’t be a PITA like this.
    Funny thing is the day I placed my order, I went back and forth with them 3 times via email with very quick responses.
    Quick to respond to get my money, but ghosting me to send me what’s paid for. That is a very bizarre business model.

I waited and waited and waited. Always an excuse so in the end cancelled and got a refund. Love the product but hate the excuses as to why it’s not ready. Tell me I have a 2month wait, No problem.
    Tell me 7days and it’s lies. I’m gone.

#35 2 years ago

ordered a tz topper, waited 3 months never recieved it, excuse after excuse. then decided he couldn't make it because the screens weren't correct so i gave up and switched order out for a simpsons which shipped immediately. recently ordered a jp topper and it shipped immediately too. nice products but lacking in the customer service dept.

#36 2 years ago

Okay, now you guys are making me nervous!

I bought a POTC recently that had a TiltTopper on it already. I must say I was impressed with the overall quality and design and it just made the pin look better.

I decided to go ahead and order (2) more of his designs, which included the IJ and ST toppers. The wait wasn't bad and I'm impressed with the quality of it, although I had to buy a splitter for my ST topper from Mezel Mods in order to hook it up right so it could work. I think he should have mentioned you needed the splitter from Mezel if the connection already had a mod hooked up to it already, but no big deal. My brother purchased a topper for his TSPP pinball and received it as well and is overly pleased with the look and design as well. Upon checking out our recent orders, I must say Stern is the only one who can beat his quality (in regards to incorporating extra features and light show), but Tilt blows Stern out of the water in regards to the price.

I loved his original design he made for the MET topper (the one with Sparky being more dominant) and I contacted and asked him if he could possibly re-produce another one since it was classified as special order and out of production. I received notification stating he still had the mold and could make one for me, so I sent in the money. Again, I had no past problems with him in fulfilling the orders, but I was told in a recent email order inquire the MET topper was completed and he forgot the topper needed a special light control module in order for it to work properly. I was told the part should be in last week, so I'm patiently waiting for the topper.

He was a little late in responding to my emails (usually a day or two), but he did respond to them eventually. One time being out of town for a wedding and the other being the shop was closed for vacation.

I do hope and trust he will make things right on the other orders mentioned above. After all, the toppers are really good IMO and I will keep you posted how my ordeal turns out.

One last thing in case the owner is reading this or a person is on the fence of purchasing one of the toppers. The installation instructions are difficult to find and it needs to be updated. I recall the site directed the instructions to Mezel Mods or someplace (I can't recall exactly) and I never could find them. My brother figured it out on his TSPP topper and was able to tell me how to install it. It was an easy installation once you figure out where it goes and I'm not the brightest crayon in the box when it comes to electronics, but "Hey", at least I try. It would help cut down on the frustration on new topper owners.

Good luck to everyone.

#37 2 years ago

Tilt blows

#38 2 years ago
    Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

ordered a tz topper, waited 3 months never recieved it, excuse after excuse. then decided he couldn't make it because the screens weren't correct so i gave up and switched order out for a simpsons which shipped immediately. recently ordered a jp topper and it shipped immediately too. nice products but lacking in the customer service dept.

I paid for the TZ topper on March 17, 2019. At that time I was told it would be built in three weeks. Have received nothing but excuses ever since.

#39 2 years ago

I've ordered a TZ and JP2 topper from them.

Quality is good on each and the price is reasonable IMO.

They were slow to deliver but I didn't care and was happy with the products. Both toppers definitely add to my games and I'm thankful I have the option to order from them.

However, from others' experiences in this thread, it seems they should address any quality issues/solve all of these....and be more up front about delivery time. IMO, a couple months to do custom work for something they're not making tonnes of profit on, is ok. But they should be more up front about delivery time.

I don't think this is a "throw the baby out with the bathwater" situation.

#40 2 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballer67:

They were slow to deliver but I didn't care and was happy with the products. Both toppers definitely add to my games and I'm thankful I have the option to order from them.
    However, from others' experiences in this thread, it seems they should address any quality issues/solve all of these....and be more up front about delivery time. IMO, a couple months to do custom work for something they're not making tonnes of profit on, is ok. But they should be more up front about delivery time.

With all due respect, your opinion is based upon you actually receiving what you paid for.

#41 2 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballer67:

I agree a bit on this that’s why I hesitated a bit to post my things with them. I know all is busy during covid as maybe he got to many orders. And we all are people in the end

For you things are different as you have your stuff.

But that makes no excuses for the slow responds and the QC that is not there at this moment.and im still out of 2 toppers/260 dollar.
    Hope he will get us shizzle back up and pays my money back quick ! Hope this will open up his eyes

#42 2 years ago

You guys are all forgetting. Look at my poll. He at least stiffed five people that we know about. There could be more.

There is no excuse in the world for stealing people's money. Period!

#43 2 years ago
    Quoted from teddyb73:

You guys are all forgetting. Look at my poll. He at least stiffed five people that we know about. There could be more.
    There is no excuse in the world for stealing people's money. Period!

Agreed. But like BGResto, I've never heard of anybody NEVER getting the product or their money back. It just takes a helluva long time sometimes. And I agree that totally sucks.

If you're not happy with his lack of a response--perfectly understandable BTW--just get a chargeback from the CC company and don't do business with him again.

I must admit I had to badger him quite a bit to get mine shipped. Like me, you could also keep being the squeaky wheel by sending emails (but don't be a dick about it even though it's tough in these situations!) and it might move things along quicker.

#44 2 years ago
    Quoted from 1963BSARGS:

With all due respect, your opinion is based upon you actually receiving what you paid for.

Totally understood and I'd be concerned, too.

Maybe send him an email, say you're giving him a week and if he doesn't reply call your cc company and charge it back.

#45 2 years ago

I had to send him several polite emails to get them going BTW...response was often slow but he did respond and did provide the products, in the end.

#46 2 years ago

After reading this, I don’t think I will be ordering from Tilt Toppers. I was contemplating placing an order but I don’t think it is worth the hassle. Oh well…

#47 2 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Agreed. But like BGResto, I've never heard of anybody NEVER getting the product or their money back. It just takes a helluva long time sometimes. And I agree that totally sucks.
    If you're not happy with his lack of a response--perfectly understandable BTW--just get a chargeback from the CC company and don't do business with him again.
    I must admit I had to badger him quite a bit to get mine shipped. Like me, you could also keep being the squeaky wheel by sending emails (but don't be a dick about it even though it's tough in these situations!) and it might move things along quicker.

Nobody's being a DICK about this. This is nobodies fault but Tilt Topper and his business practices.

In hindsight I probably shouldn't even have posted this post. Is he good for the pinball hobby? YES. Just be honest and don't stiff people.

In my situation he handled it poorly very poorly. All he needs to do is put a disclaimer on his website stating that the toppers can take up to 3 plus months to make and that would be the end of it.

I dealt with Lermods and Mezel Mod a number of times over the years. Of course over time there might be an issue. Some of it might just be me being a little anal. But on every occasion they both standed behind their products. They were quick to respond to my emails. If I wasn't happy with something, they gave me a refund with no questions asked. Now that's customer service and definitely a way to run a business.

#48 2 years ago
    Quoted from rwmech5:

No, he isn't. Who replies "soon" when a guy waits years for something?

#49 2 years ago
    Quoted from teddyb73:

Nobody's being a DICK about this. This is nobodies fault but Tilt Topper and his business practices.
    In hindsight I probably shouldn't even have posted this post. Is he good for the pinball hobby? YES. Just be honest and don't stiff people.
    In my situation he handled it poorly very poorly. All he needs to do is put a disclaimer on his website stating that the toppers can take up to 3 plus months to make and that would be the end of it.
    I dealt with Lermods and Mezel Mod a number of times over the years. Of course over time there might be an issue. Some of it might just be me being a little anal. But on every occasion they both standed behind their products. They were quick to respond to my emails. If I wasn't happy with something, they gave me a refund with no questions asked. Now that's customer service and definitely a way to run a business.

You get that I agree with you, right? Because you sound like you don't and you downvote me like you don't. Makes no sense.

And I never called you a dick.

You guys actually make me reread what I wrote to make sure my reading comprehension hasn't gone south. I get you being pissed about the situation but no need to get aggressive with people that actually understand what you're going through.

EDIT: I just realized that you really don't want insight or advice from anybody...just a place to vent your frustration. So I'll wish you the best of luck and respectfully bow out of the conversation.

#50 2 years ago
    Quoted from Doctor6:

No, he isn't. Who replies "soon" when a guy waits years for something?

And it's not Trent, for God's sake...

There are 60 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tilt-topper-long-ass-turnaround-time-to-receive-your-topper/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.