(Topic ID: 161748)

T.I.L.T. Mods Deluxe (Bring your mods to life)

By outcida

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 45 posts
  • 21 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by outcida
  • Topic is favorited by 31 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Is this something you think the modding community can use?”

• As long as they are affordable I would use it with my Mod. 15 votes
    38%
  • Hell yea! This is something I want. 12 votes
    31%
  • Not interested. 4 votes
    10%
  • Not sure what it is or why I would need one. 8 votes
    21%

(39 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

T.I.L.T._Mods_Deluxe_Data_Sheet_Rev_C_06-28-16.pdf (PDF preview)
20160613_215140_(resized).jpg
#1 7 years ago

I wanted to share my latest creation that I think the modding community could use. I know when I made my functioning JP gate mod there was nothing affordable on the market that I could use to integrate my mod into the game.

The T.I.L.T. Mods (Tapping Illuminated Lamps to Trigger Mods) board gives you a variety of outputs all from one input. See the attached data sheet for details on how it works.

The data sheet below is for the Deluxe board, but I will also have 2 basic models. One will turn a steady input to a flashing output (Basic S2F) and the other model will turn a flashing input into a steady output (Basic F2S).

Last but not least, I have a version (Servo Controller Board) that can control two servos (programmable) along with 2 outputs (1 of them programmable).

Please give me some feedback.

I'm also trying to gauge interest so please take the poll.

STATUS UPDATE:
Pricing will be as follows:
- Servo Controller Board $39.99 (Available Now)
- Deluxe Board $19.99 (Available Now)
- Basic S2F $12.99 (Available Now)
- Basic F2S $10.99 (Available now)

Boards are available to purchase on www.timspinballmods.com

T.I.L.T._Mods_Deluxe_Data_Sheet_Rev_C_06-28-16.pdfT.I.L.T._Mods_Deluxe_Data_Sheet_Rev_C_06-28-16.pdf

#2 7 years ago

Here's a video explaining how it works.

#3 7 years ago

This is a very nice piece of work. I have one in hand and it has lots of potential.

#5 7 years ago

I'm shooting for a target MSRP price of less than $18 for the deluxe and I'll be offering volume discounts. How much less will depend on interest/volume. Basic boards will be less than that.

#6 7 years ago

Bumping....looks very promising

#7 7 years ago

20160613_215140_(resized).jpg20160613_215140_(resized).jpg
Just finished stuffing and testing the final version of the Programmable Servo Controller board.

To give you an idea of what it's capable of, this is the brains behind the JP functioning gate mod. It opens and closes 2 servos with programmable speeds and positions, turns on a spotlight LED and a strip LED and also runs the torch LEDs all triggered by one lamp above the original plastic gate.

The T.I.L.T. Mod board allowed my mod to be triggered during bone busting mode and victory lap mode.

Watch the video to see it in action.

#8 7 years ago

Another mod using the servo controller version of the T.I.L.T. mods board. The whole mod is being triggered from a flashing lamp (Insanity Falls Lamp) but you'll notice that the white LED lighting up the raft is on the whole time it's being triggered. Since the T.I.L.T. Mods board is programmable I could make the servo move in a different pattern as well as the blue light could be made to be on steady instead of flashing when the mod is triggered.

#9 7 years ago

This mod looks awesome. I think I could do some pretty neat stuff with. I would like to try it out. Will it work with Sterns new Spike system?

#10 7 years ago

definitely got potential

what do you need to programme and operate the servos?

#11 7 years ago
Quoted from modfather:

This mod looks awesome. I think I could do some pretty neat stuff with. I would like to try it out. Will it work with Sterns new Spike system?

I've never tried it on a Spike system but it should work as long as the lamps still works off 5-6V AC or DC.

#12 7 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

definitely got potential
what do you need to programme and operate the servos?

I have some base code written but you would need to tweak it based on what you want the servos and the programmable output to do. I'll put together a tutorial video at some point.

#13 7 years ago

Looks cool. I'm surprised you're able to get the price point so low. More power to you, but I personally wouldn't want to be on the line to support a low cost product like this if you end up offering it to the general public. You'll sell a ton of them and get a ton of questions!

#14 7 years ago

im not sure if i would ever have the talent to use them but it looks like it would be super cool for other modders to enhance mods!
nice work!

#15 7 years ago

Interested, Please let everyone know how to order so we can try it out.

#16 7 years ago

I would love to get 1 from ya and try it out. Do I need to get added to a list?

#17 7 years ago

So can the nc/c/no section pass thru a 12v power where say 12v is connected to C and you need it to continue through NO when the 5v lamp triggers?

I don't see much use in say having a 5v light light when another 5v light triggers. If you want that you can do it without the board by simply tapping the light. But if we can trigger 12v "stuff" when a 5v light lights or even a switch hits that becomes really useful.

#18 7 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

So can the nc/c/no section pass thru a 12v power where say 12v is connected to C and you need it to continue through NO when the 5v lamp triggers?
I don't see much use in say having a 5v light light when another 5v light triggers. If you want that you can do it without the board by simply tapping the light. But if we can trigger 12v "stuff" when a 5v light lights or even a switch hits that becomes really useful.

Yes, the nc/c/no section can be used to trigger whatever voltage device you'd like exactly the way you described.

One use would be if your 5V lamp is flashing but you are trying to drive a motor. Normally the motor would spin in short pulses every time the light flashes. With this board you could have the motor spin at a constant rate the entire time the light is flashing (i.e in a mode).

Another use would be if the light you're hooking up to is solid when it comes on but you want the light in your mod to flash (i.e. a scoop light that is tied to an insert that doesn't normally flash now flashes indicating it's a shot you should be aiming for)

Same if the light is flashing but you want the light in your mod to stay on steady.

#19 7 years ago
Quoted from flyhigh:

Interested, Please let everyone know how to order so we can try it out.

Quoted from boogies:

I would love to get 1 from ya and try it out. Do I need to get added to a list?

I have a few distributors interested but need to work out final details. Anyone who is interested in trying one out before these are publicly available, send me a PM.

#20 7 years ago

Duplicate post. I was trying to edit the above post.

#21 7 years ago

These look cool, but not what I'm currently after. I see the usefulness in these but don't have any idea what to do with it yet.

I'd like to connect to a spike system RGB light, like the action button on the game of thrones lockdown bar. Then power an led strip to mimic the same colour for under cabinet lighting.

#22 7 years ago

Looks really cool..

#23 7 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

These look cool, but not what I'm currently after. I see the usefulness in these but don't have any idea what to do with it yet.
I'd like to connect to a spike system RGB light, like the action button on the game of thrones lockdown bar. Then power an led strip to mimic the same colour for under cabinet lighting.

You may be able to do this by plugging the rgb strip 12v into the system 12v then the r, g, b on the strip to the r, g, b on the stern led board. This assumes the boards work the same as the strip where the 5v is always powered and the rgb are grounded as needed. I think it's a decent bet it does work that way. You may need to diode the ground connects to make sure the 12v doesn't bleed through to the 5v boards when circuit is complete.

#24 7 years ago
Quoted from outcida:

I'm shooting for a target MSRP price of less than $18 for the deluxe and I'll be offering volume discounts. How much less will depend on interest/volume. Basic boards will be less than that.

That's a nice product and I would buy at least one and try it. If it's as easy to use as it looks, I would buy more. I have a few observations/questions.

Why does it seem to make a clicking noise? Is that just a really sensitive microphone? Can it be disabled?

$18 is great, but not much money for your efforts. I would easily pay $25 or more for something like that, especially if it's simple plug and play. Consider your target customer. If it's cheap and easy to make, the DIY person won't pay you. It's the person like me that just wants a nice finished product that is easily implemented.

#25 7 years ago
Quoted from Nevus:

That's a nice product and I would buy at least one and try it. If it's as easy to use as it looks, I would buy more. I have a few observations/questions.
Why does it seem to make a clicking noise? Is that just a really sensitive microphone? Can it be disabled?
$18 is great, but not much money for your efforts. I would easily pay $25 or more for something like that, especially if it's simple plug and play. Consider your target customer. If it's cheap and easy to make, the DIY person won't pay you. It's the person like me that just wants a nice finished product that is easily implemented.

The clicking noise is the relay for the dry contacts firing. The dry contacts can be set to flash or stay on solid with a jumper setting. I have them set to flash in the video to drive the red/blue "siren" leds. If you set to solid you won't hear the noise.

In regards to price, I want them to be inexpensive enough that mod designers will include them in their designs. I appreciate the fact that you would pay more but I'm not looking to get rich doing this. I just want to provide a nice solution to the hobby.

1 week later
#26 7 years ago

Deluxe Boards and F2S Boards are now shipping.
MSRP pricing will be as follows:
- Servo Controller Board $39.99 (Sold Out, should be available in 1-2 weeks)
- Deluxe Board $19.99 (Available now)
- Basic S2F $12.99 (Sold Out, should be available in 1-2 weeks)
- Basic F2S $10.99 (Available now)
There will be quantity discounts available. Contact me for details.
I'll be posting a video a little later of the Basic F2S board in action.

Added over 8 years ago: Moved to first post so I can edit. Disregard this post.

#27 7 years ago

Outcida these are awesome! I think the complex simplicity is throwing a few people off but this is perfect for any type of mod activation / integration needed. I will surely take a few! PM sent.

#28 7 years ago

Thank you everyone for the incredible response! Certain boards are sold out for now (see post #26) but will be available soon.

#29 7 years ago
Quoted from rgb635:

Outcida these are awesome! I think the complex simplicity is throwing a few people off but this is perfect for any type of mod activation / integration needed. I will surely take a few! PM sent.

Thanks RGB635! I think that's the best way to describe it. These boards are so simple to use but describing what they can do can be complex to some, especially when it comes to the flexibility and variety of functions they can perform. If you're not quite sure what they do feel free to send me a PM or call me 303-589-3759.

#30 7 years ago

My diner->batman retheme needs one of these to control some of the bat gadgets I have in mind.

#31 7 years ago

I'm going to have to get a few of these.

#32 7 years ago

Overview of the T.I.L.T. Mods Basic F2S Board. Now available for shipping. $10.99 ea

#33 7 years ago

Very cool - Nice job Tim!

#34 7 years ago

Thanks for the T.I.L.T. boards Tim. It will be a while before I install them but I will surely post it when I do. Will be using them for shaker and light show activation in a TX Sector!

#35 7 years ago

I got the boards too, they are Impressive. Nice to be able to hook a mod to a flashing insert and have the mod be on steady. Will have to figure out an easy way to get 5v to the board so that the mods remain simple.

#36 7 years ago

Overview of the Basic S2F board. This board will convert a solid voltage/lamp into a pulsing voltage that you can use to power LEDs, motors, shaker motors, solenoids or whatever you'd like. It comes with one pulsing output and one pulsing dry contact that you can use to power 12V devices or just about any voltage your mod requires. Now back in stock. $12.99

#37 7 years ago

Yeah, this mod has a lot of potential. I just received my board set up (deluxe version ), and I want to see what I come up with using it. I have a couple of ideas to trigger some cool stuff. Nice mod, I will keep you posted.

1 month later
#38 7 years ago

Added over 8 years ago: New video showing the Smart Scoop Lighting in action. This mod is being controlled by the T.I.L.T. Mods Basic S2F board.

#39 7 years ago
Quoted from outcida:

Just finished stuffing and testing the final version of the Programmable Servo Controller board.
To give you an idea of what it's capable of, this is the brains behind the JP functioning gate mod. It opens and closes 2 servos with programmable speeds and positions, turns on a spotlight LED and a strip LED and also runs the torch LEDs all triggered by one lamp above the original plastic gate.
The T.I.L.T. Mod board allowed my mod to be triggered during bone busting mode and victory lap mode.
Watch the video to see it in action.
» YouTube video

that gate is killer. Well done. If I had a JP this is something i'd actually want to do.

#40 7 years ago
Quoted from outcida:

Overview of the Basic S2F board. This board will convert a solid voltage/lamp into a pulsing voltage that you can use to power LEDs, motors, shaker motors, solenoids or whatever you'd like. It comes with one pulsing output and one pulsing dry contact that you can use to power 12V devices or just about any voltage your mod requires. Now back in stock. $12.99
» YouTube video

Looks great, how are you getting power from the light above the scoop to your board? For modders, this has to be very simple as most customers want simple plug and play mods. The idea is great, but tapping into the game circuit is a challenge for 90 percent of mod buyers.

#41 7 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Looks great, how are you getting power from the light above the scoop to your board? For modders, this has to be very simple as most customers want simple plug and play mods. The idea is great, but tapping into the game circuit is a challenge for 90 percent of mod buyers.

Thanks. I'm getting the steady 12VDC for my control board from the test points on the power supply and 6VAC from the light above the scoop. I hear what you're saying and agree that things can be challenging for the mod buyers but it's up to us, the mod designers, to make it easy for them to connect. All my mods come with detailed step by step instructions with lots of photos that makes it easy for the end user to connect. Since every game, and the connection points you'll want to tie into will be different for every mod you design I can't make it plug and play for everything. I'd be more than happy to help you or any other mod designers out when it comes to how to integrate the T.I.L.T. mods boards. Just send me a PM or give me a call.

#42 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

that gate is killer. Well done. If I had a JP this is something i'd actually want to do.

Thanks CaptianNeo!

1 week later
#43 7 years ago

These are SO cool! Thanks for making them. Looking forward to the programming instructions.

2 months later
#44 7 years ago

Another example of the type of mods you can make with the T.I.L.T. Mods boards. This one uses the Servo Controller board.

Available for sale now on www.timspinballmods.com

1 week later
#45 7 years ago

All T.I.L.T. Mods boards on Sale!

BLACK FRIDAY THROUGH CYBER MONDAY SALE!!!
(November 25th-28th)
- 10% Off all Orders *USE COUPON CODE: "BF10OFF"

- Free shipping on orders over $50

- Free T.I.L.T. Mods Basic Board F2S ($10.99 value) included with any order over $150 You don't need to add it to your cart. It will be included with your shipment.

- Don't forget to sign up for the Pinball Points Program to start saving money.

https://www.timspinballmods.com/

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Jamestown, NC
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 250.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 18.95
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Sugarloaf, CO
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tilt-mods-deluxe-bring-your-mods-to-life and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.