(Topic ID: 191646)

Tilt Immediately at game start but no stuck switches??

By cjs001

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 59 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by terryb
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_5377 (resized).JPG
IMG_5376 (resized).JPG
IMG_5375 (resized).JPG
IMG_5374 (resized).JPG
IMG_5373 (resized).JPG
IMG_5372 (resized).JPG
Playboy_DSWAx.jpg
playboy-tilt-2 (resized).jpg
playboy-tilt-1 (resized).jpg
IMG_5364 (resized).JPG
IMG_5365 (resized).JPG
IMG_5363 (resized).JPG
IMG_5362 (resized).JPG
IMG_5361 (resized).JPG
IMG_2231a.jpg
There are 59 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 6 years ago
Quoted from cjs001:

I am getting 114.9 now at pins 17&16 with the PIA out currently.

That's a pretty good sign.

Out if interest, what do you measure on the actual PIA chip (pins 17&16) out of circuit?

#52 6 years ago
Quoted from Quench:

That's a pretty good sign.
Out if interest, what do you measure on the actual PIA chip (pins 17&16) out of circuit?

On original one out of circuit I am getting nothing. Meter just stays at 1.

Have one dip switch to go. I may be able to try it back in game tonight with all dip switches removed.

#53 6 years ago
Quoted from cjs001:

On original one out of circuit I am getting nothing. Meter just stays at 1.

That's what I get - it's probably safe to say it's not the PIA chip at fault.

#54 6 years ago
Quoted from Quench:

That's what I get - it's probably safe to say it's not the PIA chip at fault.

Drum roll please.... board back in game with out dip switches and it is not faulting. Has been on for a good 10 min. Played two games, did the switch test twice. All switches are showing with their correct number. The right pop bumper if firing again.
Not going to burn the midnight oil, so ill solder in the new dip switches over the weekend. And resolder all the capactiers under the playfield I disconnected. Few more pics of under the other dip switches, the one nearest the top I didn't photo bc it was clean no issues under it.
Will report back once new switches installed.

IMG_5376 (resized).JPGIMG_5376 (resized).JPG

IMG_5377 (resized).JPGIMG_5377 (resized).JPG

#55 6 years ago

Great stuff. Sounds very promising. Those switch block areas on the board definitely needed attention.

#56 6 years ago
Quoted from Quench:

Great stuff. Sounds very promising. Those switch block areas on the board definitely needed attention.

Finished cleaning the film off the solder pads and reattached the dip switches. Resistance now at U10 pin 17&16 is right around 100. Booted it up and all appears to be working correctly. No issues in switch test or in gameplay. Have a bottle share here tomorrow so the game will be on for awhile and see some playtime so will report back on how it does. Thank you so much again!!!!

#57 6 years ago

Did u find it easy removing those dip switch's from the board

1 week later
#58 6 years ago
Quoted from Raff:

Did u find it easy removing those dip switch's from the board

They didn't give me too much trouble. Flowed some fresh solder on most of the pins then used my hakko to remove the solder. Had to pry gentle even with the legs clearly free to get them to lift of the board, no damage came to the traces/solder pad. So far still working okay since replacing them.

#59 6 years ago
Quoted from cjs001:

Had to pry gentle even with the legs clearly free to get them to lift of the board, no damage came to the traces/solder pad.

There's often a little bit of trace solder holding the component leads to the board. Either grab the component with a pair of pliers and rotate clockwise and anti-clockwise gently or use a spudger to break the contact point.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/terrybs-soldering-guide-part-1/page/3#post-2755985

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Corbin, KY
$ 22.50
$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

2,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Macomb, MI
Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
San Diego, CA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Coffs Harbour, NS
$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 69.00
There are 59 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tilt-immediately-at-game-start-but-no-stuck-switches/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.