Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 38 posts
  • 23 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by ForceFlow
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

87A0F2A3-DEB8-4615-90E2-26D986855D56 (resized).png
    F8E38486-F78E-4B45-86EE-40405FDB18E7 (resized).png

#1 6 years ago

I just stumbled across Tilt Forums and thus it's code of conduct. Curious what the crowd thinks of this document.

http://tiltforums.com/faq

#2 6 years ago

It's an elaboration on the golden rule.

#3 6 years ago

Seems a bit overwrought for a discussion forum about pinball...

#4 6 years ago

LOL...love these examples...
    Saying “Pinball has long-standing roots in the gay community” is okay. Saying “That game is gay” is not.
    Saying "Twilight Zone is a one-ball game" is fine. Saying "A high score on Fish Tales is just like getting a girl pregnant - it only takes one ball" is not.
    Posting a picture of the backglass of Theatre of Magic in a conversation discussing the machine is fine. Starting a thread about “The biggest boobs in pinball” using the same picture is not.

#5 6 years ago

This is the Pinside equivalent of going to RPG to complain about Pinside.

#6 6 years ago

As to Barron, I have only used Pinside and it seems way more lax so I was legit just asking people's take. Find it funny that such a niche hobby has a separate site (did they flee cuz Pinside was too harsh?). I have no idea what rpg is.

And yes, Cosmo, LOL. I dig pinball. Didn't realize it came with a rule set for mandatory social indoctrination though.

#7 6 years ago

I've only been on the tilt forums a few times, and it seems that it's geared more towards the competitive pinball scene. Since I suck at pinball and don't compete. I don't frequent it all that often.

As for the culture, it seems like it is definitely more strict than pinside.

#8 6 years ago

RGP stands for rec.games.pinball which is a (still-active) Usenet newsgroup that can be still be accessed via an email-like newsreader, or more simply these days, through google groups:
    https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/rec.games.pinball

The 27-yr old pinball forum is filled with pinball discussion, tech help, and some trolling. Back in the day, industry folks would interact there with hobbyists. There were no real rules. Pure Internet.

Still a valuable resource!

More info:
    https://user.xmission.com/~daina/rgpFAQ/rgpFAQ.html

#9 6 years ago

Pinside is notoriously toxic and full of horny old conservative men, and RGP is crammed with kekistan trolls, so it makes sense that a new forum made by younger players would be created with a pointed interest in being friendly and welcoming.

Alternatively, they're a bunch of pussy wimpy snowflake libtard pansy-ass participation trophy PC equal-rights femnazis. Whatever version gets you off.

#10 6 years ago
    Quoted from UNCgump:

Seems a bit overwrought for a discussion forum about pinball...

It is too bad, but sometimes things like that need to be explained very clearly, because some assholes just want to see how far they can push against rules.
    Pretty sure TF was created because of things that are allowed to pass here.

#11 6 years ago
    Quoted from trunchbull:

so it makes sense that a new forum made by younger players would be created with a pointed interest in being friendly and welcoming.

This is the first time anyone has called me a "younger player", given that I am 48 and played my first major pinball tournament in 1994 back when many of y'all were still throwing your own poop against the walls (if even that.) Thanks for brightening my day.

#12 6 years ago

I'll be honest. Other than Pinside, I don't think I've read the forum rules on any of the dozens of forums I've frequented over the years. And you know what, I can't recall ever being moderated for anything, at least not for anything serious. You shouldn't need someone to tell you to be nice to others. This is something that should simply be automatic. It truly amazes me that this concept is so foreign to some.

#13 6 years ago

FYI I'm more than happy to answer any questions or concerns people have about our Code Of Conduct! It was written by me with the assistance of about a dozen other community members who server as the board's moderators.

#14 6 years ago
    Quoted from UNCgump:

Find it funny that such a niche hobby has a separate site

Pinside is focused on collecting while Tilt is focused on playing.

#15 6 years ago

It is refreshingly free of ego-driven behavior, bickering, off-topic rants. It is bland but a worthy tradeoff. Topics are heavily slanted towards rules, tournaments, tournament organization and rulings discussion. Unsuprisingly it is only about 2% of the activity of Pinside.

#16 6 years ago

Thanks for the info. Some of that makes sense. In the end I guess it's their site to do with as they please.

2 months later
    #17 6 years ago

anyone know what's up with tiltforums? haven't been able to access it for a few days.

edit: oops, missed the other thread on this topic. apologies.

3 months later
    #18 6 years ago

I've only lurked there. The forum software is absolutely dreadful.

2 months later
    #19 5 years ago

Its been down all day for me, what gives?

#21 5 years ago
    Quoted from heyrocker:

FYI I'm more than happy to answer any questions or concerns people have about our Code Of Conduct! It was written by me with the assistance of about a dozen other community members who server as the board's moderators.

OFN at this point, but I just saw it thanks to the necro bump..

12 mods? There's like what..less than 50 regular posters? I lurk sometimes, say anything very infrequently. Posting is pretty..uh...slow over there...

#22 5 years ago

For some reason, I can’t find out how to post something on Tilt Forums.

#23 5 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

OFN at this point, but I just saw it thanks to the necro bump..
    12 mods? There's like what..less than 50 regular posters? I lurk sometimes, say anything very infrequently. Posting is pretty..uh...slow over there...

I love reading tilt forums. For me, the speed is beautiful. If you can only check in to pinside say once a day, stuff gets buried on page 4 by then. I honestly don’t know how people keep up on real time conversation on here, FB, etc.

It also seems for the most part, more tournament driven talk is on tilt forums, which is a topic I enjoy reading and learning about.

#24 5 years ago

Back when I first signed up for TILT Forums, I was banned for something I allegedly posted. The problem was, I hadn't posted anything yet. Zero response from the administrator so I just served my time. I didn't even acquire any gain time for good behavior. LOL

#25 5 years ago
    Quoted from tktlwyr:

Back when I first signed up for TILT Forums, I was banned for something I allegedly posted. The problem was, I hadn't posted anything yet. Zero response from the administrator so I just served my time. I didn't even acquire any gain time for good behavior. LOL

I tired to contact the admin with a couple questions about the site and never heard back from him. That was 3 months ago.

#26 5 years ago
    Quoted from mrossman5:

For some reason, I can’t find out how to post something on Tilt Forums.

Press reply at the bottom of any forum string.

#27 5 years ago

This is all I get.

F8E38486-F78E-4B45-86EE-40405FDB18E7 (resized).pngF8E38486-F78E-4B45-86EE-40405FDB18E7 (resized).png

#28 5 years ago

Weird. heyrocker ??

Actually you might have to spend some time on the site before you can post. Did you just sign up?

#29 5 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Weird. heyrocker ??
    Actually you might have to spend some time on the site before you can post. Did you just sign up?

Nah, I’ve been on since January. Bowen Kerins explained that I should have a new topic button and a “reply” button and if I didn’t then contact the main guy (gdd) about it so I did. He never responded so I just gave up. It’s unfortunate because I really want to use the site.

#30 5 years ago

@mrossman5, you were apparently silenced by the system for being a new user that "typed too fast". I don't know the criteria offhand but I unsilenced you. Sorry about that.

#31 5 years ago
    Quoted from pinball_keefer:

mrossman5, you were apparently silenced by the system for being a new user that "typed too fast". I don't know the criteria offhand but I unsilenced you. Sorry about that.

Typed to fast . I never typed anything at all lol. Thank you!

#32 5 years ago
    Quoted from Ferret:

It’s currently online.

It's down for me right now

#33 5 years ago

Yeah, the site is down currently.

I love Tilt Forums. It is heavily skewed in discussion toward competitive play, but mostly because it has attracted a lot of long timers in the hobby. Most have seen about every game out there, have discussed the common topics to death, and are looking to improve their competitive knowledge and play.

#34 5 years ago

Back up for me!

#35 5 years ago
    Quoted from mrossman5:

Back up for me!

Whoops! Sorry I was mistaken.

87A0F2A3-DEB8-4615-90E2-26D986855D56 (resized).png87A0F2A3-DEB8-4615-90E2-26D986855D56 (resized).png

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tilt-forums-culture and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.