Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 25 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by jar155
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 9 years ago

Hey all, on July 19th we're running a tournament that will count for IFPA points. Utah hasn't had one in the past, so this is pretty great for the local scene and we're hoping that it's the first of many to come.

The event is called Tilt Elevated, and it will be held to benefit the Project Pinball Charity. You can put the event on your Pinside calendar, here: http://pinside.com/pinball/events/utahs-tilt-elevated-2014

It's open competition, so bring your $20 to enter and have a great time.

If you have questions or comments, feel free to ask them here, or drop us a line on our Facebook page. The page will be filled out with more info soon, but give it a like and keep up with us there. Link to that: www.facebook.com/tiltelevated

Also, if you're not able to attend and you want to donate to the charity, you can do so directly at the Project Pinball website or contact me and I'll help you get the money to the correct hands.

Thanks!

#2 9 years ago

Hi J.

One thing; the IFPA calendar shows this event as being in Farmington, New Mexico:

http://www.ifpapinball.com/calendar/

Assuming this can be fixed?

#4 9 years ago

Sweet. Glad that it has worked out.

#5 9 years ago
    Quoted from chadderack:

Hi J.
    One thing; the IFPA calendar shows this event as being in Farmington, New Mexico:

Yeah, we'll look into that. Thanks for catching that and letting us know.

#6 9 years ago
    Quoted from chadderack:

Hi J.

Already been fixed.

#7 9 years ago
    Quoted from Zaxxis:

Already been fixed.

It's fixed now

#9 9 years ago

The Facebook page (link in the op) has been updated with the full rules and location info.

#10 9 years ago

So, someone (whose name rhymes with Kowen Berins) just let me know that he's in Utah and will be open to playing some pinball here next Wednesday night (the 16th)

Says he's leaving though, unfortunately, on the 18th... a day before this event.

Anyone up for a pre-tournament?

#11 9 years ago

Hard to believe this is the FIRST IFPA event in Utah! Congrats on organizing everything! Best of luck for a smooth, fun event with a great charity to boot!

#12 9 years ago

Mine and Mike's place!

#13 9 years ago
    Quoted from chadderack:

So, someone (whose name rhymes with Kowen Berins) just let me know that he's in Utah and will be open to playing some pinball here next Wednesday night (the 16th)
    Says he's leaving though, unfortunately, on the 18th... a day before this event.
    Anyone up for a pre-tournament?

If Lee & Mikes place are too far out I would be willing to have some folks over to our place in salt lake. Currently 7 and 1/2 working machines in our non-air conditioned place.

Ideally, though, it could be at Mikes as that will allow us to work out any kinks or other issues with the machines.

#14 9 years ago

Damn, I was banking on that Farmington, New Mexico location.

#15 9 years ago

Just over one week to go. I suspect that a couple of out-of-state, highly-ranked players may show up for this charity event.

Should be fun.

#16 9 years ago
    Quoted from Leeb18509:

Mine and Mike's place!

Quoted from EEE:

If Lee & Mikes place are too far out I would be willing to have some folks over to our place in salt lake. Currently 7 and 1/2 working machines in our non-air conditioned place.

Is Mike cool with next Wednesday? (I'm guessing evening) We know Lee's on board

If that's a 'yes' I'll contact Mr. Kerins and make the invite for Weds. night.

#17 9 years ago

I have no problem with it. Unless I happen to be out of town my place is always available.

#18 9 years ago
    Quoted from mpatricksp:

I have no problem with it. Unless I happen to be out of town my place is always available.

Ok Mike. Thank you!!

Hopefully we can show Mr. Kerins how we do pinball in Utah.

Worst case scenario, it's Lee's place with his 4 nice machines (a great 4 machine lineup with Firepower and Rollergames! Oh and Met and AC/DC )

ETA: I've contacted Bowen and if he says "OK" then it's on.

#19 9 years ago

I'm planning on Wednesday night, with or without Bowen, but I'd love to see him there. It should be a good chance to tune everything up before the event.

#20 9 years ago

Bowen just responded that he has a car and should be able to swing it if he can prep his work for Thursday (earlier).

He has the address.

Hope to see everyone there tomorrow night!

#21 9 years ago

Do we have a time? I have a business dinner, but I will be in the free after that. I'm hoping that it doesn't run too late. It's out in Sugar House at 7:00, but I'll be coming back as fast as the law allows me to.

#22 9 years ago

I told him after 6, so whenever people show up (I guess).

#23 9 years ago

I'll just leave the garage open, just come into the game room.

#24 9 years ago

Heading up there in a few minutes. Thanks Mike & Lee.

#25 9 years ago

Sounds like by the time I got back things had already started winding down. I'll see everybody on Saturday!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tilt-elevated-utahs-first-ifpa-event and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.