(Topic ID: 190153)

Tiki Fans

By Azmodeus

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

TexasPinballFest2017-25 (resized).jpg
    Untitled-9 (resized).jpg
    Untitled-1 (resized).jpg
    tikibar1 (resized).jpg
    JMS_3931 (resized).JPG
    JMS_3922 (resized).JPG
    JMS_3921 (resized).JPG
    JMS_3913 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0764 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3703 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3699 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3698 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3700 (resized).JPG
    image (resized).jpeg
    #1 6 years ago

I need your help. I am going to make a sculpture tiki. I need to design it. This is going to be to help me rehab from my 1 stroke and three brain surgeries.

I'm designing it with pinball elements and some TBI crap in there but really it's just for me. Even making the thing is promoting brain growth and helping me. Why not?

I want it to be something I can put in my pinball area.

Anyways any great ideas? Even just great tiki pictures will help here!

#2 6 years ago

Ooooh. I'm a Teekee fan

1 week later
    #3 6 years ago

Any progress on the carving?? You could probably follow one of the tiki mug designs as a guide - that would show you the positive/negative space areas............

Hey, if anyone has some extra of those large tiki wood fork and spoon atrocities that used to be found all across second-hand stores - I could use a bunch - I have some that I altered to use as supports for my tiki display shelves, but I need more to make an entire column that will reach to my basement floor. These are those "made in Philippines" totem designs with about a foot of carving between the handle and fork/spoon end.

Thanks!

#4 6 years ago

This tiki carving is going to happen but not fast. my plan is to do a small sculptured tiki maybe 1 foot high. carving is an issue because of my stroke and three brain surgeries. but sculpting i can do.

this will end up in my backyard garden in California here that i don't own yet. but i Will!

#5 6 years ago

Gotcha, hope recovery is smooooth sailin'!!! The tiki vibe will bring you only good luck too!!

#6 6 years ago

Check out that tiki at the la arboretum.

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#7 6 years ago

Nice! Marquesan tiki........

#8 6 years ago

Here are some of the tikis that I have.

IMG_3700 (resized).JPGIMG_3700 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3698 (resized).JPGIMG_3698 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3699 (resized).JPGIMG_3699 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3703 (resized).JPGIMG_3703 (resized).JPG

#9 6 years ago

This is my favorite that they had at Pin a go go this year. I should have asked if it was for sale.

IMG_0764 (resized).JPGIMG_0764 (resized).JPG

#10 6 years ago

Here's my tiki lounge. I also have some masks from Smokin' Tikis on one wall.

JMS_3913 (resized).JPGJMS_3913 (resized).JPG

JMS_3921 (resized).JPGJMS_3921 (resized).JPG

JMS_3922 (resized).JPGJMS_3922 (resized).JPG

JMS_3931 (resized).JPGJMS_3931 (resized).JPG

tikibar1 (resized).jpgtikibar1 (resized).jpg

#11 6 years ago

Some shots of the tiki I carved for the backglass on my custom Polynesia pin build:

Untitled-1 (resized).jpgUntitled-1 (resized).jpg
    Untitled-9 (resized).jpgUntitled-9 (resized).jpg
    TexasPinballFest2017-25 (resized).jpgTexasPinballFest2017-25 (resized).jpg

A lot more shots are in an album here on my Flickr:
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/8829589@N06/albums/72157672832409855

#12 6 years ago

Wow! Even though I've seen that tiki pin before - it still elicits the same response!!! Wish I could even attempt to carve........

Onemoresean - love the suffering bastard tiki - hadn't ever seen that done as a "totem" before..........

Swampfire - questions for you! Who did those great tiles?? Man, I was looking for something like that when re-doing my bathroom.............

Who did the prints?

Your tiki area is very "tiki modern" - mine is very "rustic" being an old rancher with a club basement, but it adds to the "vintage feel." I think I have photos on Pinside somewhere of my tiki den - but if we're going to populate this thread I'd be happy to contribute again.

Everyone knows they made a pretty cool looking Alien monster tiki mug to mark the new movie coming out?? Nice design.

#13 6 years ago

Wow these are some amazing pictures. I am inspired.

#14 6 years ago

I've got to start designing.

I'd like to carve but I think it needs to be clay first due to my injuries. So I think I will sculpt.

#15 6 years ago

sculpting is good as well, matter of fact, it's probably a whole lot easier. You can get "low fire" clay I believe for home-use kilns..............same with the glazes.............

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tiki-fans and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.