2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by mg81
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

before_1 (resized).jpg
    15017911162252018927959 (resized).jpg

#1 2 years ago

Here's a stupid noob question... one of the A-Lane metal plate wall guides on my Mata Hari has a loose rivit. Its messing with the travel/flow of the ball as the guide bows out. Anybody have a good trick to tighten rivits without using pliers ir scratching the metal to hell? Don't really want to drill it out either.

15017911162252018927959 (resized).jpg

#2 2 years ago

I don't think that's a rivet, but rather a small nail that holds the metal foil against the wooden siderail. Undoubtedly the hole is a bit worn and is now too large. I would pry it out, and stick a bit of tooth-pick or other small wooden shim into the hole, and then put the nail back in. Should be easy enough to do without scratches.

#3 2 years ago
    Quoted from Dr_Dude:

I don't think that's a rivet, but rather a small nail that holds the metal foil against the wooden siderail. Undoubtedly the hole is a bit worn and is now too large. I would pry it out, and stick a bit of tooth-pick or other small wooden shim into the hole, and then put the nail back in. Should be easy enough to do without scratches.

Thanks Dr_Dude! The nail is threaded like the below picture. Will it pry out easily? Was hoping I could do something without having to remove the lower left 1000 bumper assembly, but that's not looking bloody likely.

before_1 (resized).jpg

#4 2 years ago

I would just get a long drift\metal rod and hammer it back in tight. Should be able to fit it in at an angle without dissasembly.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 59.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 99.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 109.99
    € 95.00
    Lighting - Led
    FlipperLED
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 7.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Apparel - Men
    Great American Pinball
    $ 90.00
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 149.00
    $ 89.99
    $ 39.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 45.99
    $ 109.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Playfield - Other
    Pin Monk
    $ 999.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 10.50
    Playfield - Decals
    The MOD Couple
    $ 7.00
    Electronics
    APB Enterprises
    $ 12.00
    Lighting - Led
    Pinball Haus

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside