Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 61 posts
  • 32 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by JoeGrenuk
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

13031DE8-3348-42B8-9ADD-9C1A0AFBE2F6.jpeg
    DA7523C3-6DDF-4D20-BB95-6D0710EC2C31 (resized).jpeg
    CE0FB60E-ED51-43A3-B60B-E8FF5ED8B3E9 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thefamilyarcade.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#59 5 years ago
    Quoted from Electrocute:

Ok, back to pinball!

Yeah, TIGER WOODS PINBALL!!

What a triumph, what a comeback, what a redemption story! Sheer will and determination meets physical committment and sacrifice...as well as a new, evolving understanding that there’s way more to life - and being a man - than just trying to intimidate your opponents.

There will be moralistic people that refuse to accept this as a celebration of the human spirit, a story of personal growth and maturity, and one of those famous, storied “second American acts” that this country swears by and is famous for. Not to mention just a great achievement for Tiger Woods. I just hope these people don’t consider themselves Christians or identify as Americans. If you naysayers are reading this, I hope you can find an ounce of inspiration and compassion and sheer wonder in what Tiger just accomplished. It’s wonderous, thrilling and something to admire.

Sport, and certainly golf, just got a real shot in the arm. Man, that’s what it’s all about.

Tiger, you go bruh. Pass Jack!

#60 5 years ago
    Quoted from xsvtoys:

There was something there that seemed different this time. Tiger has always been a cool customer, no doubt about it. But then again, he would certainly let emotions bubble up during a match. If he missed a shot, he could curse, even whack his club in the ground. If he made a great putt, he would fist pump it and get riled up. Not this time. The ride was not clean and smooth the whole way. He had a few misses, a few slip-ups. When these happened, he did not over react. In fact, he hardly reacted at all. There were some great shots as well. Again, he did not react to these either. All the way, right up until the very very end when he put in the last putt, he maintained the same face. Not upset, not happy, not even grim determination really. Just calm, cool, emotional control.
    Is that a product of his getting older, or a result that comes out of all the struggles he had to go through to make this comeback? I don't know, but it doesn't bode well for his future competitors. When you are that good and you can maintain emotional composure and channel that energy into performance, you are going to be hard to beat!

Well said. I thought exactly the same. Tiger was zen like. Maybe he didn’t want to go too Alpha and risk not winning, but I think he’s just a different, wiser, more mature person and golfer now. I don’t think he’ll rattle this generation of youngins like he did the previous generation that absolutely wilted at his dominance. But I do think he can beat this generation straight up, and if they feel that way too, well then game on.

Also, there’s a lot of shit that can go sideways in a marriage, and blame can be assigned everywhere. I get it that infidelity is a “sin” (although I don’t ascribe to that definition) and usually a broken promise, but why is that always the principle focus of a broken marriage? I do not doubt that Tiger was a total dog, but maybe the marriage sucked and he didn’t have control. I don’t know. And yeah, he was banging strippers and everything else that moved. All I can say to that is go big or go home if you’re not committed to your marriage - or if you have some mental problems, etc. If you’re not a little envious about the sex than I guess you’re quite devout.

Regardless, how long does someone have to pay for their transgressions? Is a bad couple years - where no one died or suffered a heinous crime - really something to hold against a guy for life? Especially a guy who went through therapy and seems to have straightened his life out?

I mean, it’s not like Vid1900, who totally fleeced a guy by paying $500 on some old acid drenched Bally boards and, when blinded sided, threw a 6’ 200 pound kid through a wall. That shit is unforgivable.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thefamilyarcade.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tiger-s-back-who-likes-golf?tu=thefamilyarcade and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.