7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Gorgarath
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 7 years ago

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, if it isn't, please move it or if you can point me to another thread where this was already asked, that works as well.

But how many pinball machines have been made with prize ticket givers built-in? Or is this some sort of standard add-on feature you could get for any machine/specific machines/etc. Or is it something compelety custom built?

I've only ever seen one, but it seems like with many arcades having video games that give out tickets based on score and such that having them on pinball machines would provide owners with more people playing them.

Oddly, the only one I ever saw was at the Johnstown, PA Chuck E. Cheese. I forget what you had to do to get a ticket, top score or something I believe. It was a Simpsons table. I highly doubt it was something custom for that one specific table. I know the other local CEC that had a Star Wars pinball machine didn't have a ticket giver.

On a neat side note, the tickets it gave weren't your standard ticket size, was closer to the size of a dollar bill and was worth 250 tickets. I never cashed mine in and still have it. Kept it in my wallet for the longest time, but took it out and laminated it a couple months ago as it was starting to wear.

#2 7 years ago

Add on.

Though a lot of games in the DMD era have software that supports them.

LTG : )

#3 7 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Add on.
    Though a lot of games in the DMD era have software that supports them.

I had a feeling it was an add-on. Assuming factory add-on when ordered? Is it common to find ones with tickets or somewhat rare? I'm guessing rare since I've only ever seen one, but we don't have big arcades around here. Don't even know of one around here anymore that has pinball. (I was told about one in Bedford, around an hour and a half away, but I haven't had a chance to check it out.)

Is it possible to get these somewhere to put on a pin? I have no intention of doing it right now, but just curious.

#4 7 years ago
    Quoted from Gorgarath:

Assuming factory add-on when ordered?

No. There are many different ticket dispensers and operators have favorites they are used to.

Jersey Jack Pinball has had one available for ops running Pindemption on their JJP pins.

Quoted from Gorgarath:

Is it common to find ones with tickets or somewhat rare?

Rare on pins.

Quoted from Gorgarath:

Is it possible to get these somewhere to put on a pin?

Replay magazine and Playmeter magazine have ads for manufacturers. A google search will turn up more.

#5 7 years ago

It will depend on the pin you're putting it into.

WMS (B/W) games had an add-on board that mounted over the Fliptronics board. It came with several wiring harnesses, inclusing a new ribbon cable, and power/control signal to the ticket mech.
    Deltronics (back then) made a small 'cabinet' case that mounted to the underside of the cabinet. (Other ticket manufacturers, of which there's only three major players - less back then - may have such a 'cabinet' as well)
    The system supported pulse-type ticket mechs, as far as I know. I'm politely bugging PPS to see if they have documentation on the add-on.

The boards are out there, heck, BAA has the board for sale for under $50. However, without documentation, it's be hit and miss. (Maybe except for the ribbon cable; that part's easy.)

The ticket board was not compatible with the printer board; however, this was only because the clearance stuck too far off the fliptronics board and hit the backbox light board - electrically and operationally, they both would work, as far as studying the schematics has revealed.

I have a few leads on docs, need to follow up on them..

#6 7 years ago

Thank you both for your answers. I had a feeling it was rare to come across them, but thought maybe because I live in the middle of nowhere, that was why I hadn't seen more of them. Just gives me another reason to treasure that ticket I got from that Simpsons machine at Chuck E. Cheese.

While I don't have any intention of ever putting these in a pin, it's still rather neat and fun learning about them. (And I wonder why my wife says I'm a geek... lol) Please let me know if you're able to find out any more. Might be fun to one day put one in a pin just for S&Gs. But all depends on the table.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tickets-and-pinball-machines and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.