(Topic ID: 189984)

Thunderdome and Techno Love

By Azmodeus

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

#1 6 years ago

It got very hard but very good. Not safe for work lyrics and stuff. Beware.

#2 6 years ago

Hi,

I was a big Thunderdome fan. When I reached the Vol number 18, I said to myself: are you sure you are normal ? I got the answer quite easily and Vol 18 has been my last TD compilation. And I switched to Tunnel Trance Force which was at Vol 2. I felt suddently more relax

#3 6 years ago

I really enjoyed techno in the 90s. The champion sound kickin records, too. I liked good breakbeat. Loved the prodigys evolution. The hardcore was fun. But not fully my thing. I liked this one a lot. So many gems.

#4 6 years ago

drum and bass beat, I do not dislike. In US and Belgium, Techno and Acid music were present in 80-90. I am still fan of the compilation Oldschool Chicago acid house mix. On youtube the pic is a Roland synth. Can't paste the link.

#5 6 years ago

i have plenty of those records and can mix em like crazy.! chicago house, detroit techno baby!

Quoted from jimy_speedt:

drum and bass beat, I do not dislike. In US and Belgium, Techno and Acid music were present in 80-90. I am still fan of the compilation Oldschool Chicago acid house mix. On youtube the pic is a Roland synth. Can't paste the link.

#6 6 years ago
Quoted from silver_spinner:

i have plenty of those records and can mix em like crazy.! chicago house, detroit techno baby!

Do you refer to the Trax label ? I still have a Maxi 45, Santos. This period was really fun

#8 6 years ago

i love trax records out of chicago. i have lots of those records. adonis, farley, mike hitman wilson, etc.

#9 6 years ago

Great to meet some fans, is this music still popular in the US ?

#10 6 years ago

more in the big cities. i still spin it weekly.

Quoted from jimy_speedt:

Great to meet some fans, is this music still popular in the US ?

#11 6 years ago

hell yes, huge thunderdome fan. i actually bought one of their bomber jackets just a few months ago. you hear that they are throwing another party? https://www.facebook.com/events/1834506216817843/

#12 6 years ago

I would say no this is not popular in the us anymore, sadly. That's just my opinion. Nothing but pop seems to be popular anymore in the United States.

But I did like some of the trap and dub step that has come out in the last few years. Nothing like some endless trap to get the party going etc etc.

#13 6 years ago

thunderdome rocks,america has lenny dee and industrial strength still going 25 yrs strong (hardcore rocks still at 43),as for techno/house america also has the detroit legends derrick may,stacey pullen,jeff mills

1 week later
#14 6 years ago

Mike Dunn ....

Added over 7 years ago:

#t=13

#15 6 years ago

Trying some of the suggestions this week, during my rehab.

1 week later
#16 6 years ago

Juicy Red Apple

Juicy red apple was the best song at the end of techno. Here in Los Angeles. Things had changed. A great song though!

#17 6 years ago

And now This.

#18 6 years ago

This dog is the cover of a thunderdome ? Ouch, tough Are you still listening to that ?

The other one makes old old fashioned. Mix of electro, new beat, techno ....

You should like this one then, one of my favourite tracks

#19 6 years ago

No I only listen super selectively. But is is nice to have choices.

Chasing shadows I like them a lot. More my speed now I guess.

#20 6 years ago

If you have not heard Spor Pacifica I urge you check out that link, above.

Wait for the drop. It's worth it.

#21 6 years ago

Got it, as for metal, difficult to share the same addiction

I like pure, basic sounds, punchy voices if any. Do you know the Tunnel trance force ?

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/thunderdome-and-techno-love and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.