4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 31 posts
  • 19 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by o-din
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 4 years ago

I've been talking to Mike Kalinowski from Australian pinball company Homepin about Thunderbirds Pinball, whether he really has a licence, his Chinese factory, and when the game will be released.

If you're interested, here's what I found out about the licence, and more:

http://pavlovpinball.com/thunderbirds-pinball-may-2015-update/

#2 4 years ago

Great article, thanks!

#3 4 years ago

Thanks solarvalue

#4 4 years ago

I've been interested in this since I heard it on the pinheadz podcast. But being made in china is a little worrisome

#5 4 years ago

everything is made in china

#6 4 years ago
    Quoted from extraballingtmc:

everything is made in china

-sent from my iPhone

#7 4 years ago
    Quoted from timtim:

But being made in china is a little worrisome

I wouldn't worry about the build quality of the game, from what I have seen on his facebook page Mike is a perfectionist. The quality of the design of the game and the artwork remains to be seen.

#8 4 years ago

lolll, i love it! new reference '' Could Kalinowski be pulling a Kevin? ''

#9 4 years ago
    Quoted from timtim:

I've been interested in this since I heard it on the pinheadz podcast. But being made in china is a little worrisome

Being Made in China is the best thing about this project IMO.

#10 4 years ago

As solarvalue has said I wouldn't worry about the quality of the game since it's been made in China. Mike has been designing replacement circuit boards and parts for years. He certainly is a perfectionist.

Some of us have bought his first major build out of the factory which was a Hankin cocktail 60-1 arcade machine. After seeing the Hankin I'm sure Thunderbirds will be built as good (if not better) as any other pinball out there.
    The only thing we don't know of course is what it will look/play like and what features/toys it will have etc until it is released.

#11 4 years ago

Lets not forget that , yes the machine is being made in China , but every step / process is personally being overseen by Mike himself who lives in China full-time .

#12 4 years ago

After spending so much time re-engineering and repairing 'Williams Quality', I'm not too worried about it being made in China.

-Hans

#13 4 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

-sent from my iPhone

Exactly.

#14 4 years ago

Yeah everything is made in china. It's nice that it will help keep price down.

This does look awesome and the theme seems pretty cool.

#15 4 years ago

I'll be interested to see how appealing the theme is in the US. Definately big in the UK/Aus/NZ and Europe. And that's a huge market for pinball machines....

#16 4 years ago
    Quoted from mfresh:

I'll be interested to see how appealing the theme is in the US.

It's not. Most people here are either unaware of it, or vaguely remember it but lack nostalgia for it...we're more familiar with "Team America: World Police", which lampoons Thunderbirds.

#17 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

It's not. Most people here are either unaware of it, or vaguely remember it but lack nostalgia for it...we're more familiar with "Team America: World Police", which lampoons Thunderbirds.

Interesting. I did not know that Team America was lampooning Thunderbirds. Thanks for the info!

Marcus

#18 4 years ago
    Quoted from Xerico:

Interesting. I did not know that Team America was lampooning Thunderbirds. Thanks for the info!
    Marcus

Yup...weird creepy big-head human-ish marionettes!

#19 4 years ago

I can remember thunderbirds well.. it was always the same thing "hurry up and finish so the proper cartoons come back on".
    Hes a great guy, I bet its a great pin, but licence or not its not a theme for me... its funny though... im kinda wondering if nothings changed and its a case of hurry up and get it out so a real cartoon pin can come... someone has to do The Jetsons Pinball eventually and if anyone can do it justice mike can... will a proper cartoon pin be next? ;D

#20 4 years ago
    Quoted from wiredoug:

someone has to do The Jetsons Pinball eventually and if anyone can do it justice mike can... will a proper cartoon pin be next? ;D

I would give serious consideration to a classic cartoon Pinball like the Jetsons as long as the license allowed authentic cartoon footage on an LCD screen.

Scooby Doo would be my #1 Cartoon Dream Theme followed closely by Star Blazers.

Marcus

#21 4 years ago
    Quoted from Xerico:

...authentic cartoon footage on an LCD screen...
    Scooby Doo would be my #1 ..

Awesome idea...those I would buy .. but maybe not preorder lol

#22 4 years ago
    Quoted from wiredoug:

Awesome idea...those I would buy .. but maybe not preorder lol

Agreed. No Pre-Order Deposit for me unless made by a reputable manufacturer. And the 100% refundable deposit would have to be $1K or less and a delivery date in weeks, not months.

Marcus

#23 4 years ago
    Quoted from Xerico:

Agreed. No Pre-Order Deposit for me unless made by a reputable manufacturer. And the 100% refundable deposit would have to be $1K or less and a delivery date in weeks, not months

Lol, I wont except for...

#24 4 years ago

The contract manufacturing line was pretty interesting. Final costs might still be the same (shipped to a U.S. customer), but I bet manufacturing costs are a fair bit less at Homepin.

#25 4 years ago
    Quoted from mfresh:

Definately big in the UK/Aus/NZ and Europe.

LOL.

On which facts do you base this statement? No one gives a flying f**k about Thunderbirds in France. I posted about homepins on the French forum 18 months ago - not a single answer.

#26 4 years ago

Fair enough. My wife is from the Netherlands and she says it was big there when she was a girl.

#27 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

Filmed in SUPERMARIONATION!

#28 4 years ago
    Quoted from Xerico:

I would give serious consideration to a classic cartoon Pinball like the Jetsons as long as the license allowed authentic cartoon footage on an LCD screen.
    Marcus

Might be waiting a while.

“A pinball machine does not have a video screen! That’s bullsh*t,” - Homepin
    http://pavlovpinball.com/five-chinese-pinball-machines-are-go/

I'm sure I read that TB will be based on standard '90s DMD tech.

#29 4 years ago
    Quoted from Xerico:

Scooby Doo would be my #1 Cartoon Dream Theme followed closely by Star Blazers.
    Marcus

was Whacky Races big there? that is the older old school cartoon i reckon would make a good classic toy pin theme

#30 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

#31 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

Most people here are either unaware of it, or vaguely remember it but lack nostalgia for it..

Most people that were alive at the time do remember it. And also have a great respect for the effort that Gerry Anderson put into making his shows in an era before computer images and other shortcuts animators have now.

Thunderbirds sparked the imaginations of children in the 60s including myself with real special effects that were not to be found else where.

If anything will be forgettable it will be some of those half ass animated comedies that litter the air waves during prime time now.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gerry_Anderson

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 22.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Apparel - Men
    Pinside Shop
    $ 25.50
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Pinball Pro
    $ 36.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 199.99
    Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
    FlyLand Designs
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 14.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Flashinstinct
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Nitro Pinball Shop
    $ 159.95
    Lighting - Led
    Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pinball Mod Co.
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 7.49
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    € 22.00
    Cabinet - Other
    YOYOKOPTER MODS
    $ 45.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 90.00
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    £ 37.00
    Lighting - Led
    PinballToys
    £ 49.00
    Lighting - Led
    PinballToys
    $ 199.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 9,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 5.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside