Thunderbirds pinball art 13 (resized).jpg
Thunderbirds pinball art 12 (resized).jpg
Thunderbirds pinball art 11 (resized).jpg
Thunderbirds pinball art 10 (resized).jpg
Thunderbirds pinball art 9 (resized).jpg
Thunderbirds pinball art 8 (resized).jpg
Thunderbirds pinball art 7 (resized).jpg
Thunderbirds pinball art 6 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hassanchop.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

Hello all!
Here is a little showcase of the art I made for the Thunderbirds pinball machine by Homepin.
I thought it would be nice for you all to see details and enjoy the art that can only be appreciated standing next to the machine.
All the art was hand drawn with a Cintiq (a pro tablet where you draw directly on a screen).
This topic is only to show my art. Any questions or comments about the game please see the official TAG topic.
Enjoy!

A mockup with the cabinet and translite art:

Thunderbirds pinball art 1 (resized).jpgThunderbirds pinball art 1 (resized).jpg

The cabinet art:

Thunderbirds pinball art 2 (resized).jpgThunderbirds pinball art 2 (resized).jpg

Thunderbirds pinball art 3 (resized).jpgThunderbirds pinball art 3 (resized).jpg

Thunderbirds pinball art 4 (resized).jpgThunderbirds pinball art 4 (resized).jpg

Thunderbirds pinball art 5 (resized).jpgThunderbirds pinball art 5 (resized).jpg

The translite art:

Thunderbirds pinball art 6 (resized).jpgThunderbirds pinball art 6 (resized).jpg

Thunderbirds pinball art 7 (resized).jpgThunderbirds pinball art 7 (resized).jpg

Thunderbirds pinball art 8 (resized).jpgThunderbirds pinball art 8 (resized).jpg

Thunderbirds pinball art 9 (resized).jpgThunderbirds pinball art 9 (resized).jpg

The playfield art:

Thunderbirds pinball art 10 (resized).jpgThunderbirds pinball art 10 (resized).jpg

Thunderbirds pinball art 11 (resized).jpgThunderbirds pinball art 11 (resized).jpg

Thunderbirds pinball art 12 (resized).jpgThunderbirds pinball art 12 (resized).jpg

Thunderbirds pinball art 13 (resized).jpgThunderbirds pinball art 13 (resized).jpg

The manual cover, rule cards, some plastics, front cabinet and back board:

Thunderbirds pinball art 14 (resized).jpgThunderbirds pinball art 14 (resized).jpg

#8 5 years ago
Quoted from mbaumle:

just knobs from a stove or other home appliances

How's this for stove knobs?
Yes... I searched a lot for 60s and 70s house appliances crap that might look like a futuristic cockpit of the 60s lol

Thunderbirds pinball art 15 (resized).jpgThunderbirds pinball art 15 (resized).jpg

#14 5 years ago

Thanks for all the comments!

Quoted from swinks:

secret squirrel

Everything is posted on the facebook page for all to see: https://www.facebook.com/homepin.factory/
I don't see any secrets when you can see the videos and pics of the whole process daily. You can see a walkaround video posted today. Please check it

Quoted from Grg:

Can you share any words from the process, did you have free reign, much restrictions, any direction given from Mike?

As in every commercial product that needs art you do not have free rein. There are always restrictions because the art has to follow the show, characters, etc.
The ships and vehicles are extremely detailed and have specific guidelines. I had to buy a Thunderbirds technical manual that described the ships and characters in detail. The most fun part of it is that there are a lot of differences between the manual and what you see in the show (I saw all the movies and most of the episodes lol). So it was a little headache to get all things to look right.
Mike contacted me and gave me directions to start the translite and then we moved to all the other parts.

Quoted from cooked71:

I thought Mikes' son was doing the art at one stage? Are you Mikes' son?

Grant (Mike's son) did the cabinet head art. When I joined in I made all the rest.

#25 5 years ago
Quoted from xsvtoys:

Cool, looks great!
And I learned something from this thread: THIS exists!
amazon.com link »

That is the one I got!
It's a little boring but it is a very interesting book.

1 month later
#32 5 years ago

Yes. You are in the wrong thread.
Could you please not post here if you have nothing more to say about the art? Thank you.

4 weeks later
#35 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer31520:

I love the artwork . It is amazing . Cabinet side beautiful .
Very good job in my opinion

Thank you for the words!

1 year later
#37 3 years ago

Just got my game!

I can confirm that it looks great in person!

aeaba58b-b446-43b7-b691-e7ac4359dc32 copy (resized).jpgaeaba58b-b446-43b7-b691-e7ac4359dc32 copy (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hassanchop.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/thunderbirds-pinball-art?tu=hassanchop and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.