Topic Stats

• 29 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 82 days ago by ViolinSteve
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

download (4) (resized).jpeg
IMG_20190128_145127603 (resized).jpg

#1 84 days ago

Chris made up this whirlwind topper light setup for me. Comes with nice, neat wires and pass thru connectors that connect to the boards and run up to the topper, where there is a blue LED strip to illuminate the fan, and when the lightning strikes, it flashes white. Really cool, easily removable effect. I was about to try soldering and hacking to get this effect, but using his setup took literally 15 minutes to install, and that's because I was extra careful removing my new topper.

IMG_20190128_145127603 (resized).jpg

#2 84 days ago

is this something that he would sell to other whirlwind owners?

#3 84 days ago
Quoted from zerbam:

is this something that he would sell to other whirlwind owners?

Check in at rockcustompinball.com
I believe it will soon be added if it isn't there already

#4 84 days ago

Looks awesome man! Thanks for posting.

The last year or so I have had a few guy ask me to make this for them. I will be listing it for sale here and on my website https://www.rockcustompinball.com/

If you are buying an undercab kit and this topper mod message me as I can give a discount on this when combined as they share wiring.

Regards
Chris

#5 84 days ago

I have this same setup from Chris and it’s awesome. The video doesn’t do it justice. It really brings the fan to the next level. Great mod!!

#6 84 days ago
Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

I have this same setup from Chris and it’s awesome. The video doesn’t do it justice. It really brings the fan to the next level. Great mod!!

I agree, the video washes it out. I keep making my kids play so I can watch it

#7 84 days ago

Gah! It's really crazy how someone's always in my head, creating some of the next ideas that I never told anyone about lol. I remember a long while back someone adding a blue led but don't remember much going on in-sync with the game and was thinking it'd be cool to do something like this. I'll have to see if there's anything else I can cook up with a PCB.

So many ideas, so little time. Well, glad someone did something! It was definitely calling for it.. an unlit fan is a boring fan hehe.

Nice job Chris!

#8 84 days ago

Chris knows his shit! Well done sir!

#9 84 days ago

Just wanted to comment that Chris really helped me out last night with my AFMr undercab lights. Ended up buying a set for my MMr as a thank you. He really went above and beyond. He’s earned a customer for life!

#10 84 days ago

Chris is one of the nicest guys in the world and his products are awesome.
That lit topper is sweet!

#11 83 days ago

Thank you guys for the very kind words. I will continue to improve both myself and my products.

I now have this listed on pinside. Pm me if you would like this combined with my interactive undercab kit.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1015-rock-custom-pinball/02267-whirlwind-interactive-topper-mod

#12 83 days ago

Well thumbs up TO YOU Mr Teal for that bad ass wooden bell mod for ACDC ya sent me! That thing has NEVER fallen off, not even once. THANKS Officer!

#13 83 days ago

Annnnnnd....it just fell off.

#14 83 days ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Annnnnnd....it just fell off.

LMAO! Did it really? I sold acdc but know the owner, and mine is still hanging in there and you're welcome, my only mod recipient

#15 83 days ago

No, it didn't.
Like New Kids on the Block: HANGIN TOUGH.
Your mod works better than Hooked's LOL. Seriously, it does.

#16 83 days ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

No, it didn't.
Like New Kids on the Block: HANGIN TOUGH.
Your mod works better than Hooked's LOL. Seriously, it does.

Cool!
P.S. you can officially hang with me at a show now..... Ex-officer since last June

#17 83 days ago

Actually might be trading my ACDC for a WW in a package deal. I'm not a hoarder at all, just when it comes to pins, I have a hard time letting go *sniffle*

#18 83 days ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

P.S. you can officially hang with me at a show now..... Ex-officer since last June

You still smell like bacon.

#19 83 days ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

You still smell like bacon.

LMAO

#20 83 days ago

Lemmy ask ya bud would you trade a modded out ACDC premium (color dmd, $350 metal apron, lightning bolts, cannon mod, RR tracks)
for a player's WW and W?D and a nicer FB Classic? I haven't seen pics yet but I'm thinkin heck yeah. I might have to add a little cash but not much.
But the "letting go" part is what's hard for me. Especially when I haven't beaten that machines ass...gotta beat it before it goes SO IT WILL BE HERE FOREVER.

#21 83 days ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Lemmy ask ya bud would you trade a modded out ACDC premium (color dmd, $350 metal apron, lightning bolts, cannon mod, RR tracks)
for a player's WW and W?D and a nicer FB Classic? I haven't seen pics yet but I'm thinkin heck yeah. Just the "letting go" part. Especially when I haven't beaten that machines ass...gotta beat it before it goes SO IT WILL BE HERE FOREVER.

I dunno. That would be a rough one for me unless WW is on the upper end of "players."

#22 83 days ago

Funny, as I have been "looking" for a Who Dunnit and FB classic for awhile. WW is prob the best of the 3 I get it, but it's the added bonus to me...we'll see.
I'LL KEEP YOU INFORMED.

#23 83 days ago

Is it WD? or W?D

#24 83 days ago

Pinside answers! Nevermind Peppa.

#25 83 days ago

The underlining of W?D gave it away.
I think the WW has a color dmd.

#26 83 days ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

The underlining of W?D gave it away.
I think the WW has a color dmd.

Well, now your really confusing me, nevermind derailing this thread! WW=whirlwind, which has no dmd.... Ya mean wh20? Now it's a trade.

#27 83 days ago

Nope. I meant Whirlwind.
He said it had a color dmd. SO IT BETTER.

#28 83 days ago

He said it had clips of my favorite weatherman Stephanie Mead

download (4) (resized).jpeg
#29 82 days ago

I think he meant Waterworld. LOL! That's Gryszzz's grail.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
€ 3.70
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Olive, MI

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside