Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 26 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by beelzeboob
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pulp-fiction-1.jpg
    #1 9 years ago

Lets hear what people think about giving a thumbs up or down while anonymous. People with no avatar can give a vote up or down while staying anonymous I think if you are going to thumbs down to some one they should know who you are. I have felt this way in the past but today I saw a thumbs down for a person trying to sell a game for what is the going rate and the person had no avatar.

#2 9 years ago

Hover your mouse over..their name comes up

#3 9 years ago
    Quoted from TimeBandit:

Hover your mouse over..their name comes up

I tried it but it did not work the thumbs down was not mine so that may be why.

#5 9 years ago

I totally get what you're saying and where you're coming from. But I'm honestly not sure having an avatar matters. It's not as if everyone posts their personal picture on here. If that person had a picture of a dog or a translite, it wouldn't make a difference. They still thumbed the person down.

I used to say that everyone should have to put down a location so you know where they're at. But even with that, anyone could just put down a fake location, so that doesn't matter either.

In the end, it's unfortunate when someone is thumbed down for no good reason.

#6 9 years ago

You are correct I had to leave it there for longer. I still think a avatar for the right to vote down would be a good thing.

#7 9 years ago
    Quoted from Pinfidel:

I totally get what you're saying and where you're coming from. But I'm honestly not sure having an Avatar matters. It's not as if everyone posts their personal picture on here. If that person had a picture of a dog or a translite, it wouldn't make a difference. They still thumbed the person down.
    I used to say that everyone should have to put down a location so you know where they're at. But even with that, anyone could just put down a fake location, so that doesn't matter either.
    In the end, it's unfortunate when someone is thumbed down for no good reason.

I don't think personal picture but I have seen your flag enough times to kind of know you.

#8 9 years ago

Giving people thumbs down is the least constructive thing done on Pinside. I personally find it annoying and petty that someone will give thumbs down but not engage in a meaningful dialogue as to why they may disagree with someone.

#9 9 years ago

Sometimes the thumbs down is just given in the same way as you would give somebody the finger. McCune and Panzer going back and forth with the thumbs downs is a perfect example. All it means is that you disagree with somebody, but I think people are starting to use it in a REALLY negative way. Either way, it's just a thumbs down and I don't think you should get too upset about it. Go play pinball with your kids (if you have them) and remember what's important.

#10 9 years ago

Thumbs downing Panzer is what I live for . Beelzebob is next inline !

#11 9 years ago

I do not mind people giving thumbs down I have done it my self but when McCune thumbs down beelzeboob he know at a glance.

#12 9 years ago
    Quoted from ek77:

I don't think personal picture but I have seen your flag enough times to kind of know you.

Ahhhh I get ya and I totally get that. I feel the same way as you do. For myself, I recognize people BY their avatar a lot of times. When someone changes it, it messes me up. Tracelifter changed his and it still bums me out when I don't see Gomez up there. Odin...NO ONE can keep tract of his avatars.

#13 9 years ago

Thumbs downing is the safest way to let your opinion fly without worry of a ban threat from a moderator !

#14 9 years ago
    Quoted from McCune:

Thumbs downing Panzer is what I live for . Beelzebob is next inline !

THIS MEANS WAR!!!

BTW...it's BeelzeBOOB because I'm an idiot. Just check out my custom AC/DC avatar if you don't believe me.

#15 9 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

All it means is that you disagree with somebody, but I think people are starting to use it in a REALLY negative way. Either way, it's just a thumbs down and I don't think you should get too upset about it. Go play pinball with your kids (if you have them) and remember what's important.

I agree with this completely. I really don't care if someone gives me a thumbs down, all it means is they disagree with me, that's not so bad is it?

#16 9 years ago
    Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

I agree with this completely. I really don't care if someone gives me a thumbs down, all it means is they disagree with me, that's not so bad is it?

It's not bad, just not constructive.

#17 9 years ago
    Quoted from TaylorVA:

It's not bad, just not constructive.

True

#18 9 years ago
    Quoted from TaylorVA:

Giving people thumbs down is the least constructive thing done on Pinside. I personally find it annoying and petty that someone will give thumbs down but not engage in a meaningful dialogue as to why they may disagree with someone.

I agree with this.
    It could also be argued that thumbs up contributes to encouraging less constructive dialogue.

#19 9 years ago
    Quoted from Vyzer2:

I agree with this.
    It could also be argued that thumbs up contributes to encouraging less constructive dialogue.

Completely agree. I try to use the thumbs up for contributions above and beyond and not just agreeing with someone's opinion.

#20 9 years ago
    Quoted from Pinfidel:

Ahhhh I get ya and I totally get that. I feel the same way as you do. For myself, I recognize people BY their Avatar a lot of times. When someone changes it, it messes me up. Tracelifter changed his and it still bums me out when I don't see Gomez up there. Odin...NO ONE can keep tract of his avatars.

Someone else used Gomez so I changed it, same thing with Skully from NF.

#21 9 years ago
    Quoted from TaylorVA:

Completely agree. I try to use the thumbs up for contributions above and beyond and not just agreeing with someone's opinion.

It can also be used when something is funny.

#22 9 years ago

McCune you gave me a thumbs down boo boo

#23 9 years ago

I really enjoy the down thumb feature. Makes me feel like a roman emperor on Colosseum day.

When I see a post with sixty upvotes and zero downvotes I'm sorely tempted to be the first even if I have no other reason to.

#24 9 years ago

Great thread.

pulp-fiction-1.jpgpulp-fiction-1.jpg

#25 9 years ago

Generica has given a thumbs down to every person on this thread at least he is not a anonymous ass . Centerflank have not seen you on pinside in a long time been on vacation?

#26 9 years ago
    Quoted from generica:

I really enjoy the down thumb feature. Makes me feel like a roman emperor on Colosseum day.
    When I see a post with sixty upvotes and zero downvotes I'm sorely tempted to be the first even if I have no other reason to.

Me, too...especially when it's one of your posts. Way to win friends and influence people!

I started a new trend by agreeing with you by giving you a thumbs down.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/thumbs-up-thumbs-down-1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.