Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Randy_G
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 3 years ago

We all know how Ed at GPE has been aa provider of parts of us all these yrs. I recently had a bit of back and forth communication with Ed regarding some parts I needed, even tho he has been swamped I feel I received prompt replies, several suggestions and very fast services with all the virus crap going on. Parts were received very fast and much appropriated. As always ...Well done Ed!
    Thx

#2 3 years ago

Never had a chance to speak with him personally. But all of my orders from him have been spot on, even the ones where I'm ordering 1 each of some random capacitor or connector. Sorry and thanks, Ed!

#3 3 years ago

Agreed! Even doing this as a part time thing, he does a great job! I just received my latest order from Ed yesterday and it arrived sooner than I expected!

Thank you Ed!

#4 3 years ago

I always let Ed do his thing. I know he works alot and when he gets to my orders, I know he does a great job. Kudos Ed!

Ken

#5 3 years ago
    Quoted from mskoenen:

Never had a chance to speak with him personally. But all of my orders from him have been spot on, even the ones where I'm ordering 1 each of some random capacitor or connector. Sorry and thanks, Ed!

I have to agree with this completely. I've been buying components from Ed for over 15 years, and never have had any issues at all. (I usually order small quantities as well.) I just sent an order in Thursday afternoon, and it already shipped by Friday morning!

Thanks Ed!!

#6 3 years ago

I have an order in the mail currently from Ed. I have never had the chance to speak with him personally, but have never needed to as orders are always correct and prompt.
    Thanks for the great service Ed.
    Justin

#7 3 years ago

I recently discovered Ed’s company when I decided to redo all the connectors on both my 70’s Bally machines. He had everything I needed and turned the orders over quickly.

#8 3 years ago

Anyone who can precisely fill an order for hundreds or thousands of tiny parts? Respect. He’s also always watching out for fake or relabeled chips. Mans an animal.

#9 3 years ago

Great service from Ed. GPE has always been my go to place for pinball electronics.
    Wally

#10 3 years ago

Hey!
    Thanks guys!

Ed

#11 3 years ago

I have to get my 2 cents worth in been buying form Ed at GPE thinking about it since 99 or 2000 and never had an issue. So never had the chance or reason to talk to Ed. I wish all vendors were like this. The parts have fixed or saved 10 games so far and still have parts left so figure at least 5 more. From system 1/system 80 Gottlieb,Williams system 3,7,11 and and 5 Data east games to date. Yes i'm guilty of buying more then needed but having games to always fix nice to have a little stock on hand to get project going.

In no way do i consider myself and big time repair guy either. But those 200 and 500 fixers uppers seem to end up in my care.

#12 3 years ago

Let me tell you a little story about Ed. We all know he has the best products, great service, fast shipping, etc. but he also looks after his customers. Years ago when I repaired my first pinball, I ordered a bunch of parts from GPE including a few IC’s. He knew from my posts on PinSide what game I was working on. When I ordered some IC’s I transposed a couple of numbers. He knew the IC’s I ordered wouldn’t fit my application. He wrote me and asked if that is what I really wanted. I verified that my numbers were incorrect and he sent me the correct parts. Now that’s personal service. I’ll never forget that. Thanks Ed.

#13 3 years ago

absolute kick ass service from Ed at Great Plains...helped me to understand some basic info pertaining to crimping wires correctly...hell, he even thru in some extra parts as a freebie for me!

He didn't have to do that...but he did!

Thank you for all your help for all us poor rookies out here!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/thumbs-up-for-ed-gpe and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.