Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 22 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Lamprey
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4911 (resized).PNG

#1 5 years ago

Every post on pinside has the ability to be voted upon by the community, showing popular thoughts, as well as heavily disagreed statements.

I wonder, what’s the most up voted post? What’s the most downvoted post?

Personally I’ve made single posts that have been down voted almost a hundred times. Yet my overall rating is 86.6% thumbs up vs down. So it can’t be all bad. Right?

I wonder, who has the highest thumbs up rating? Who’s the worst?

Would people be interested in being able to search baised on vote scores?

Thumbs up this post if you’d like the ability. Or thumbs down if you’d like. It’s ok I won’t be hurt by your vote.

#2 5 years ago

I couldn't care less.

#3 5 years ago
    Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

I couldn't care less.

Interesting enough you will get a lot of thumbs up for that post. Maybe even break a record

#4 5 years ago
    Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

I couldn't care less.

No interest in analytics? Everything on pinside is indexed and cross referenced already, so it wouldn’t be hard to search.

Bryan, your probably the most reasonable person on here. I can understand why you’d not be interested in this, but I think it could be just as fun as looking over the top 100 games list. You might get a laugh, you might learn something, ya never know.

#5 5 years ago
    #6 5 years ago

In general, when Robin posts info on 'large updates to the site', he receives many up votes. Well above 60 and sometimes into the mid 100's.

#7 5 years ago

You hit the nail on the head with this one.

Quoted from PopBumperPete:

But people do use down votes to poke the user, not the post

As long as you don’t take it to heart and keep a thick skin you’ll be alright.

That’s a pretty stunning number of down votes, but I’d bet some of them were done just in spite, because of the topic. Well done.

#8 5 years ago
    Quoted from Luckydogg420:

That’s a pretty stunning number of down votes, but I’d bet some of them were done just in spite, because of the topic. Well done.

...and now there are even more

but I have been on the interwebs long enough not to take stuff like that personally

#10 5 years ago

Those are phenomenal finds. I had seen the 1st one, but that second one is new to me.

#11 5 years ago

Andrew Heighway still has a 99.2 upvote percentage.

#12 5 years ago

Llyod LTG. Best up voted Pinsider?

#13 5 years ago
    Quoted from Monk:

Interesting enough you will get a lot of thumbs up for that post. Maybe even break a record

I'd thumb up myself but I can't.

#14 5 years ago
    Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

I couldn't care less.

Thumbs up from me for actually saying that correctly.

#15 5 years ago
    Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Not this week. It's HEP in first and Iceman44 (in second from the tax thread). Lloyd's in 7th.

IMG_4911 (resized).PNGIMG_4911 (resized).PNG
    #16 5 years ago
    Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Lloyd, and no. vid1900 has a lot more than me.

I'm sure there are others.

LTG : )

#17 5 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Lloyd, and no. vid1900 has a lot more than me.
    I'm sure there are others.
    LTG : )

There I gave you one more! Merry Christmas!

#18 5 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

There I gave you one more! Merry Christmas!

And one more for the mod couple. Paying it forward in thumbs up lol.

#19 5 years ago

Right minded people tend not to be fans of authoritarian based social engineering but top marks anyway for trying.

#20 5 years ago
    Quoted from pinsanity:

Right minded people tend not to be fans of authoritarian based social engineering but top marks anyway for trying.

True, but the hormonal rush from positive likes can be used as a tool for an Agenda.
    Aggregate IQ comes to mind.

#21 5 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

True, but the hormonal rush from positive likes can be used as a tool for an Agenda.
    Aggregate IQ comes to mind.

All the more reason to keep a balanced voting system in place.

#22 5 years ago
    Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

I couldn't care less.

Fully agree. I turned off the voting system as I think it stifles conversation and doesn't add anything to the forums.

I'd rather the voting system go away, so people that disagree can post a comment as to what and why they disagree so we can, you know, have a conversation/dialogue rather than a drive-by down-vote.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/thumbs-up-down-votes-?hl=lamprey and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.