Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 32 posts
  • 24 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by jorge5240
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

90B94080-5859-4F20-98CD-BCF871DFF346.gif
    F024CF6A-4712-481B-B224-FC3B9A413566 (resized).png
    D6A01052-B05F-46D3-9086-4CDD08A41FC5 (resized).png
    SB List (resized).jpg

#1 3 years ago

I just learned the other day that you can turn off the thumbs up/down system entirely. I now live in blissful harmony not seeing the thumbs up/down and not being able to participate. I’m known for a hard ass down voter and it was causing relationship problems with all of ya on here. Just want you to know if I thumbs downed ya in the past I am sorry. I’ve turned off that feature and will not participate in it anymore. Such blissfulness. Pinside zen.

#2 3 years ago

Wow I’ve never seen a post get 36 downvotes in less than a minute, congrats!

#3 3 years ago
    Quoted from radium:

Wow I’ve never seen a post get 36 downvotes in less than a minute, congrats!

It’s ok. I can’t see it. Peaceful harmony

#4 3 years ago

"Fingers in ears" lalalalalalallalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalal

#5 3 years ago

You have achieved zen...until you copy and paste a forum link into a private browser and see what hell hath wroth.

#6 3 years ago

I may have just given you a thumbs up. Or down. Or not at all.
    It doesn't matter much.
    Some folks do take it way too seriously.
    Glad you found a way to make it work for you.

#7 3 years ago

Yeah, I’m thumbs downed ya numerous times. Retribution. May turn it off now too!

#8 3 years ago

That's funny, I just turned them on after having them off for years.

I don't have the urge to be controversial/edgy/funny that I once did, so it was safe to reenable.

So I'll stay zen, I just get to watch the fray of others once more.

#9 3 years ago

I only thumb up. Those I wanna thumb down get put on the list.

#10 3 years ago
    Quoted from tp:

The follow list?

#11 3 years ago
    Quoted from tp:

SB List (resized).jpgSB List (resized).jpg
    #12 3 years ago

Does Twitter do this? I can think of 1 specific person whom might really think this feature is beautiful.

#13 3 years ago

I do not really understand the thumbs or likes features. Why do people need them? I have played around/experimented with the feature and still really do not understand what it’s purpose is or what it is supposed to be replacing. Why do we need a feature that does not utilize words/text? Having it available makes me feel like people are still in HS.

I really liked the internet better back in the 90’s/early 00’s. Much simpler and friendlier place back then.

#14 3 years ago

I'm glad that works for you. Personally, I enjoy giving the occasional thumbs down.

#15 3 years ago
    Quoted from LukyDuck:

I do not really understand the thumbs or likes features. Why do people need them?

1 reason it was implemented was to cut down on people explaining what they liked or did not like aboot your post, adding to the post count.

Quoted from LukyDuck:

I really liked the internet better back in the 90’s/early 00’s. Much simpler and friendlier place back then.

OK Boomer.

See, I can either thumbs down your post or respond to it. The theory is that it cuts down on that kind of thing...whether that's a fact or not is debatable.

#16 3 years ago

If upvotes and downvotes (where are these "thumbs" everyone keeps mentioning?) prevent "I agree/disagree" noise posts to any extent whatsoever, then I consider them a success.

#17 3 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

1 reason it was implemented was to cut down on people explaining what they liked or did not like aboot your post, adding to the post count.

OK Boomer.
    See, I can either thumbs down your post or respond to it. The theory is that it cuts down on that kind of thing...whether that's a fact or not is debatable.

What you say makes sense. No boomer here. Just was an early adopter before everyone else in the world jumped on the internet bandwagon.

#18 3 years ago

Thumbs down a great example of the 'dumbing down' world

Almost like saying 'I am not going to be your friend anymore'!

Fire away!

#19 3 years ago

It’s disagreeing with a statement, that’s all.

I have a lot of friends that I can argue with or disagree, I’ll thumbs down the shit out of my buddies if I have to.

But we’re still tight and going for beer together!

#20 3 years ago

I thought you couldn’t announce when you put people on ignore?

#21 3 years ago
    Quoted from EricHadley:

I just learned the other day that you can turn off the thumbs up/down system entirely.

Even when you don't believe in Thumbs Down, they still believe in you.

#22 3 years ago

Quoted from DNO:I thought you couldn’t announce when you put people on ignore?

Who'd you put on ignore?

#23 3 years ago

You broke the internet!

F024CF6A-4712-481B-B224-FC3B9A413566 (resized).pngF024CF6A-4712-481B-B224-FC3B9A413566 (resized).png
    #24 3 years ago
    Quoted from EricHadley:

I just learned the other day that you can turn off the thumbs up/down system entirely. I now live in blissful harmony not seeing the thumbs up/down and not being able to participate. I’m known for a hard ass down voter and it was causing relationship problems with all of ya on here. Just want you to know if I thumbs downed ya in the past I am sorry. I’ve turned off that feature and will not participate in it anymore. Such blissfulness. Pinside zen.

It just takes self control. I only thumbs-up pinside posts, no thumbs-down for a couple years by design. If I disagree enough with a post to thumbs-down it, I just post explaining why instead. Way more constructive. I'm also not afraid to use the block feature so I just don't see the aggravating crap from some users.

That said, if this solution is working for you, thumbs-up.

#25 3 years ago
    Quoted from EricHadley:

I just learned the other day that you can turn off the thumbs up/down system entirely. I now live in blissful harmony not seeing the thumbs up/down and not being able to participate.

90B94080-5859-4F20-98CD-BCF871DFF346.gif90B94080-5859-4F20-98CD-BCF871DFF346.gif

10 months later
    #26 2 years ago

He definitely deserved every thumbs down he got I’m not a fan of the feature. It promotes negativity and negativity is the last thing we need in this world.

#27 2 years ago

I turned off the feature about a year ago. I watched a documentary on Netflix about the power of social media and it discussed the “like” feature. I do believe it is easier to be objective without seeing the “likes”.

I don’t need anyone letting me know I am an ass or awesome. I have a wife and kids for that.

#28 2 years ago
    Quoted from jorge5240:

I turned off the feature about a year ago. I watched a documentary on Netflix about the power of social media and it discussed the “like” feature. I do believe it is easier to be objective without seeing the “likes”.
    I don’t need anyone letting me know I am an ass or awesome. I have a wife and kids for that.

True Dat!

#29 2 years ago
    Quoted from jorge5240:

I do believe it is easier to be objective without seeing the “likes”.

You are now participating in Schrödinger’s Like System.

#30 2 years ago
    Quoted from jorge5240:

Everyone should watch that. "The Social Dilemma". A real eye opener.

Pinside is my only social media site, never been on Facebook, Instagram, any of those things.

#31 2 years ago
    Quoted from pinzrfun:

Pinside is my only social media site, never been on Facebook, Instagram, any of those things.

Hear! Hear!

#32 2 years ago
    Quoted from pinzrfun:

Same

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/thumbs-down-i-now-live-in-blissful-harmony?hl=mbaumle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.