(Topic ID: 131035)

Three years, One month and Six days later… Nemo is home !

By jlm33

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 90 posts
  • 61 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
14.jpg
29.jpg
58.jpg
47.jpg
46.jpg
45.jpg
44.jpg
43.jpg
53-461.jpg
50.jpg
48.jpg
52.jpg
51.jpg
56.jpg
59.jpg
There are 90 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 8 years ago

congrats... If u ever want a headphone kit in the game since your using my amplifier it's possible to add it on some day.
Enjoy,
Lorenzo
Pinnovators.com

#52 8 years ago

This is exactly what the pinball world needs right now. A person with a passion for pinball who sees his vision from start to finish!

Congrats on your new game, and bravo to Antonio for following through and getting these games built!

Fantastic looking game!

#53 8 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

15k by christmas. For REAL.

No way it will take that long. 15K by labor day, has a better ring to it!

Seriously though, I love the look of this and wish I had one of these coming instead of my Predator.

#54 8 years ago

I like the launch button. Got a late-90's feel to it.

#55 8 years ago

Beautiful! Can't wait to see you playing it.

#56 8 years ago

Such a cool looking game. Now you need a topper. There are hundreds of these online, some with built in lighting. Here is just one example. image.jpgimage.jpg

#57 8 years ago
Quoted from jwo825:

Such a cool looking game. Now you need a topper. There are hundreds of these online, some with built in lighting. Here is just one example. image.jpg

At first glance I thought that was the Millennium Falcon! Time to upgrade my prescription, maybe.

#58 8 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Time to upgrade my prescription, maybe.

I think so.

#59 8 years ago

Nice to see some good news on the boutique pinball front for a change. Congrats on your new pin!

#60 8 years ago

Nice looking machine. The guy second from the right in your photos looks like Vasilis Spanoulis.

#61 8 years ago

You're a lucky man , jlm33

Hope to visit you , during a professional journey .

Congrats

#62 8 years ago

That machine is a true work of art. It looks beautiful, and the work that he has done with it is truly impressive!

I am #9 on the waiting list, in other words, #9 not getting a game, especially after this.

After this, all the people on the order list wil defiantly buy it!

I hope that he continues after the 14 machines are delivered with making a new game, and maybe this time get paid for his hard labour.

Axl

#63 8 years ago
Quoted from Axl:

I hope that he continues after the 14 machines are delivered with making a new game, and maybe this time get paid for his hard labour.

I couldn't agree more. What an absolutely beautiful accomplishment...

#64 8 years ago
Quoted from Axl:

I am #9 on the waiting list, in other words, #9 not getting a game, especially after this.
After this, all the people on the order list wil defiantly buy it!

Agreed: I do not see 9 of remaining 13 buyers bailing out now.
On the other hand, he may produce the remaining 16 Nemos (the limit was 30 initially). May be not at the same price though - I doubt he is breaking even at the original price.

Quoted from Axl:

I hope that he continues after the 14 machines are delivered with making a new game

I hope too!
Antonio actually has plans!
He wouldn't tell me, even after a few beers (he was not drinking much anyway !)...
All I know is that the same artist, Lord Hiryu, is involved.
Good genes, then!

#65 8 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

On the other hand, he may produce the remaining 16 Nemos (the limit was 30 initially). May be not at the same price though - I doubt he is breaking even at the original price.

This would be a great opportunity for him to "cash in" and sell those remaining units.

#66 8 years ago

Huzza Antonio! This game has shown that a dedicated individual with very little resources can successfully produce an incredible pinball machine...and all still for approx $6K. I hope this is a turning point for this hobby's rough patch. The bonus is that this game does not look a Pro, it's beautiful, it may even become a hot collector's item. The pf colors, lights and ramps have taken the pinball art bar to a new level. Congratulations.

#67 8 years ago

Congratulations on the pin! It was good to meet you ate MustangPaul's party. Maybe someday when I visit France, I can play it? Be well, monsieur.

#68 8 years ago
Quoted from L_satan:

Congratulations on the pin! It was good to meet you ate MustangPaul's party. Maybe someday when I visit France, I can play it? Be well, monsieur.

Merci Monsieur! You're welcome.

Now in Newport, RI.
Different atmosphere: Millionnaires' houses around but no pins. I prefer Paul's basement by far!

#69 8 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

Now in Newport, RI.
Different atmosphere: Millionnaires' houses around but no pins. I prefer Paul's basement by far!

Thanks JLM. Can you imagine a basement dressed up like mine in a basement the size of one of those millionaires houses.

#70 8 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

He actually drove 11 hours to bring the game. Unequaled customer's service!

Not Sh1t! that's being proud of your product.
I'd rollover if Stern / JJP did that!

Quoted from fosaisu:

Hopefully all of the US games aren't headed to Texas, would love to see Nemo in Colorado one day.

LOL - you'll just have to come to Texas . Everything's better here... include TPF.

1 week later
#71 8 years ago

John Popadiuk! read this tread!!

#72 8 years ago

Wow, that looks Awesome! I'll trade you a HUO Firepower Home Edition. You pay the shipping.

Seriously though, that is a killer looking pin! I can not wait to see a game play video!

#74 8 years ago

Paid € 1,400 three or four years ago and every now and then get a mail from Antonio. There is always a risk when you pay ahead. On the other side some projects simply need pre-funding to get them going anyway. In the mean time Antonio is just making the game better. And recent history teaches us that getting the program right takes time. At the end of this year I could be the owner of two machines which will not be listed in my games list simply because they are not on the list (the other being The Matrix). To get an idea of programming. Dennis van de Pas, who programmed P-Roc for The Matrix spent five hundred hours to get it right!
Also paid 500 US$ like two years ago to someone else and had to wait. That ended up with owning a repro playfield for my Stern Stargazer. It almost looks too beautiful to put it in the game

#75 8 years ago

I'm down for Nemo too and really looking forward to it

Antonio has run this project incredibly professionally. Of course there have been delays, but these always happen, and he communicated with his customers. I don't mind waiting.

3 months later
#76 8 years ago

Have any other NEMO's gone out. So intrigued by this pin. Anyone in America order one? Any new gameplay videos?

#77 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Anyone in America order one?

Yes. 8 I think.

Quoted from kaneda:

Any new gameplay videos?

Will post one after the next significant update. Antonio is visiting Bordeaux mid-November and wants to implement a few hardware changes. A code update is expected too !

#78 8 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

Yes. 8 I think.

Will post one after the next significant update. Antonio is visiting Bordeaux mid-November and wants to implement a few hardware changes. A code update is expected too !

Awesome, can't wait to see.

1 month later
#79 8 years ago

Bump. Did any of those 8 arrive? You never hear anything about this beautiful pin. Hoping someone has some info.

2 weeks later
#80 8 years ago
Quoted from WarLokBlackOut:

Paid € 1,400 three or four years ago and every now and then get a mail from Antonio. There is always a risk when you pay ahead. On the other side some projects simply need pre-funding to get them going anyway. In the mean time Antonio is just making the game better. And recent history teaches us that getting the program right takes time. At the end of this year I could be the owner of two machines which will not be listed in my games list simply because they are not on the list (the other being The Matrix). To get an idea of programming. Dennis van de Pas, who programmed P-Roc for The Matrix spent five hundred hours to get it right!
Also paid 500 US$ like two years ago to someone else and had to wait. That ended up with owning a repro playfield for my Stern Stargazer. It almost looks too beautiful to put it in the game

I live a few miles away from Ad, so this year i can play The matrix, Nemo ,And Medieval Castle.
There are not many people who can say they play this 3 machines this year

#81 8 years ago
Quoted from pinballwil:

I live a few miles away from Ad, so this year i can play The matrix, Nemo ,And Medieval Castle.
There are not many people who can say they play this 3 machines this year

I hate you.

#82 8 years ago

The game really needs more exposure. I know it's a limited run ,so not for that purpose More just to see more play from this great looking game

8 months later
#83 7 years ago

It's been almost a year... What happened to finishing this game and building the other games?

#84 7 years ago

any chance of game play video please, stunning game

#85 7 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

any chance of game play video please, stunning game

https://www.youtube.com/embed/_UVBzHN2Adc?autoplay=1&rel=0

#87 7 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

It's been almost a year... What happened to finishing this game and building the other games?

Actually I have just been emailing with Antonio Ortuno as I was wondering whether there was any news to report in Pinball Magazine's "Who's Working On What?" feature. With his permission I can report the following:
- Antonio will be attending Pinball Expo, but he's not bringing a game. he will be there to talk to some of his customers also atteding the event as well as seeing what is going on with other companies.
- Following Expo he will stay in USA for 2 weeks to supervise the assembling of Nemo for USA customers.
- Last June, Antonio showed his Nemo "final production" in the tournament of Biar. After the event he had a meeting with Gustavo (Nemo's artist) and his business partner. They decided to modify the rules, because it was too dificult to complete. Since then, he has been working on the new rules with new animations (Gustavo has done about 20 new animations) and a pinball rule's expert.
- At the moment he has 3 games in Spain waiting for the new code, to be delivered (in Europe). He's planning to ship these games before he leaves for Expo.

More news and updates in Pinball Magazine No. 4, available early November
www.pinball-magazine.com

#88 7 years ago

Love the art on the game. I hope the music, call outs and light show are great too.

1 week later
#89 7 years ago
Quoted from WarLokBlackOut:

If the info from JJ is correct, there are 3 nemo's shiping today.
Are you one of them Ad??

#90 7 years ago

Rules for Nemo are taking shape.

Antonio sent me the following ...

This is a raw video, but you can see the three main missions and two multiballs.

When you start each ball, you can select the mission you want to play, but keeps the progression of each mission although you play a different one.
- Mission 1: Build the Nautilus (complete each shot and ramp two times to get a part)
- Mission 2: Protect the sea. Complete 8 ramps alternatives (progress is shown with the leds in the back panel)
- Mission 3: Underwater treasures. Hit the captive ball and the green and yellow targets 3 times.

When complete, starts the fight with the Kraken. It is 6 balls multiball where you have to destroy the 8 tentacles of the Kraken. To destroy each tentacle, you have to hit two times each target.

There will be 3-4 video modes (not finished) to increases the difficulty.

Each mission has his own color, that is shown in the big led on the LCD (Orange -> Nautilus, Green -> Protect the sea, Yellow -> Underwater treasures, Red -> Kraken fight, Purple -> Multi ball, White -> No mission running)
When a mission is complete and the ball is still in game, the way to activate the next mission is hit the captive ball or the green or yellow target.

When complete the drop targets, the game adds a ball to the next multi ball.
The way to activate is hit the HERA and CLES targets (white targets) and lock the ball in the subway or Atlantis. For the next multi ball, you have to hit HERACLES more times.
The objective is get the jackpots (the ramps). At the beginning both are activated, after each jackpot you have to lit it again sending the ball to the subway or the bumpers, but then the jackpot alternate.

There are more secondary rules, but at the end is a simple game, very fast, with great shots, amazing artwork, and fun.bumpers, but then the jackpot alternate.

There are 90 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/three-years-one-month-and-six-days-later%e2%80%a6-nemo-is-home/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.