(Topic ID: 131035)

Three years, One month and Six days later… Nemo is home !

By jlm33

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 90 posts
  • 61 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
14.jpg
29.jpg
58.jpg
47.jpg
46.jpg
45.jpg
44.jpg
43.jpg
53-461.jpg
50.jpg
48.jpg
52.jpg
51.jpg
56.jpg
59.jpg
There are 90 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 8 years ago

Finally! It has been a bumpy ride for me, but a far more stressful one for Nemo's creator, Antonio. "The Journey is the Reward". It has been a long journey for me, but even longer for him. He actually drove 11 hours to bring the game. Unequaled customer's service!

Looking back at my notes, pictures and file history:
- "Pre-order" made on May 14, 2012. No money sent – just clicked on a button, that was it!
- Prototype played in September 2012 in Madrid during the EPC. First time I met Antonio. Great guy! Game was still in its infancy, code was embryonic (single player, no multiball) but stunningly beautiful.
- First payment made in December 2012. (I know, I know, "don't preorder" Well, I did, I understood the risk and never regretted I did)
- Met Antonio again in Saint Etienne in October 2013.
- Regular updates from Antonio since then. A major cosmetic change was the new ramp design.
- Initial goal for delivery was December 2013, if I recall correctly!

Game is now here.
Yes it is beautiful.
No, it is not perfect.
Code is not finished (Antonio is working on it). I won't post videos anytime soon because I am travelling to the US in a couple of days and will wait for better code.

First impressions: game has very good potential. The shot map / layout is excellent. You can backflip both ramps. Outlines are greedy (they were wide open). The captive ball is – believe it or not – a very hard shot.

Antonio can now claim he has succesfully delivered one game (out of 14 ordered) by collecting probably less than $30k (40 times less than Jpop). Most games are not paid in full (Price was 4425 euros with coin door – around $5,000).

Could he make a living out of it?
Of course not!
Antonio did not allow himself a salary. He and his wife assembled the games pro-bono. They both kept their jobs and work hard.
I truly admire what they do.

PS: the cat loved it too...

3.jpg3.jpg 4.jpg4.jpg 5.jpg5.jpg 9.jpg9.jpg 11.jpg11.jpg 12.jpg12.jpg 13.jpg13.jpg 14.jpg14.jpg 15.jpg15.jpg 16.jpg16.jpg 24.jpg24.jpg 21.jpg21.jpg
#2 8 years ago

Pictures...

5.jpg5.jpg4.jpg4.jpg

Antonio cuting the ribbon
3.jpg3.jpg

The cat loves it too!24.jpg24.jpg21.jpg21.jpg19.jpg19.jpg18.jpg18.jpg17.jpg17.jpg16.jpg16.jpg15.jpg15.jpg14.jpg14.jpg13.jpg13.jpg
9.jpg9.jpg

#3 8 years ago

15k by christmas. For REAL.

#4 8 years ago

Congrats! It's a great looking game! How's the gameplay?

#5 8 years ago

Congrats, its a beautiful game. Enjoy it for a long long time!!!!

#6 8 years ago

That's so awesome. *Just* beat Heighway to shipping the first game with a an LCD embedded in the playfield too!

#7 8 years ago

beautiful game and love how the art is blended into the lcd screen, congrats and enjoy

thanks for sharing

any chance of a video of game play?

#8 8 years ago
Quoted from Linolium:

Congrats! It's a great looking game! How's the gameplay?

As I wrote - I can't comment on gameplay as this is truly a work in progress. But the flippable version we played is very pleasant. All shots are satisfying, you can combo most shots and flow is good. Nothing bad about the layout. I just consider the captive ball shot to be very hard.

Pictures - especially with my i-phone - do not give proper credit to the game. It is stunningly beautiful.

#9 8 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

any chance of a video of game play?

Not yet ! I will try to record a good session, recruit some good players and wait for for a code update before posting one. When back from the US in July!

#10 8 years ago

stunningly beautiful

#11 8 years ago

Congrats Jim!

And Antonio, simply amazing, especially in light of all the other pinball drama these days!

#12 8 years ago

Congratulations my friend, it looks beautiful.

Sante'!

#13 8 years ago

Congrats! Looks great!

<wetblanket> i'd try to find some lexan or something long term for the open motherboard at bottom of cabinet; inviting a metal part to come loose from PF and land in there and short. </wetblanket>

#14 8 years ago
Quoted from navajas:

Congratulations my friend, it looks beautiful.

Santé too!

You - and all others of course, but you first ! - are welcome to come and try it.

#15 8 years ago

Wow! And is that a Russian Blue? We have one.

#16 8 years ago

Congrats. I'm jealous. Beautiful looking game.

#17 8 years ago

Wonderful- enjoy!

I'm close to you on the list for delivery to the UK. Really looking forward to this wonderful game. Antonio has had inevitable issues, of course, but handled them valiantly. IMO Antonio is a very impressive chap.

I'm hoping that Martin can review mine for Pinball News soon I ordered gold for the trim and metal ramps.

#18 8 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

15k by christmas. For REAL.

Luckily for you, two will be in the DFW area.

Labor Day cannot come soon enough for me. (Estimated US arrival)

Marcus
Nemo #14

#19 8 years ago

Very happy for you!!

I will have to live vicariously through you until mine makes it to the USA.

Marcus

#20 8 years ago

Crazy cool! Looks amazing and neat theme. Artwork is stellar. Impressive that one guy built it and not charging way more money for it. It would be cool to see some gameplay video.

#21 8 years ago

That cat is the envy of the neighborhood.

#22 8 years ago

That's a nice looking game

#23 8 years ago
Quoted from Xerico:

Luckily for you, two will be in the DFW area.
Labor Day cannot come soon enough for me. (Estimated US arrival)
Marcus
Nemo #14

You saved me a Facebook PM, thanks.

#24 8 years ago

Great that Antonio has finished it. Must (probably?) have had so many moments of thinking 'why did I even start this project?' and still continued to finish it: very well done!
Congrats with your game. Looks great.

#25 8 years ago

Wow what a beauty!

#26 8 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

The cat loves it too!

This post made my whole night. Congratulations on your beautiful game, I only hope to play one once someday. Also, here is my kitten unboxing photo:

// Error: Image 418977 not found //

#27 8 years ago

super JL c'est le pied total assuré

and the cat is a ... bad cat(s) !

#28 8 years ago

Congratulations to you, and especially to Antonio for all his hard work and dedication !

#29 8 years ago

Excellent News. So glad to see Antonio ship his first complete game. What a brilliant job. Of course things take longer than first thought and problems need to be overcome, but he worked on this whilst still doing his normal job and didn't take a salary. A perfect example of what can be achieved if you have the right skills..

I have been lucky enough to work with Antonio myself and consider him one of the finest, most intelligent people i have ever met

Enjoy your new game, it will be a treasure in your collection

#30 8 years ago

vaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamos!
so freaking fu**ing great!
so jealous now.....
well worth the wait i suppose, enjoy it you deserved ( and paid for ^^ ) it

#31 8 years ago

Better check for sling-shot damage to playfield.

#32 8 years ago

Congrats on showing how to deliver a low production custom game.

#33 8 years ago

Awesome! That looks like a very cool game.

#34 8 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

I am travelling to the US in a couple of days

and coming to my house for a party right. Congrats on the new game, it REALLY looks great. See you in a few days.

#35 8 years ago

I love this thread!
Congrats!
Looks a-maz-ing!
I love seeing more pinball cats!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/755230687901150/

#36 8 years ago

Awesome! handmake pinball.
Well ..... its looking like a factory pin great job.

#37 8 years ago

Looks awesome! now gives us youtube movies of the game!

#38 8 years ago

congrats!

must feel great after the crap we are going through with other start ups!

#39 8 years ago

Seeing a new pinball enter the world is always a glorious thing. Game looks stunning. Can't wait to see videos / gameplay footage soon. Thanks for sharing!

#40 8 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

i'd try to find some lexan or something long term for the open motherboard at bottom of cabinet; inviting a metal part to come loose from PF and land in there and short.

No worry - there is one. We just removed it for the picture!
Here is how it looks when closed.

54.jpg54.jpg
42.jpg42.jpg

Even got a coin door...

40.jpg40.jpg
57.jpg57.jpg

#41 8 years ago

Spare pair of slingshot plastics and extra set of keys with dedicated keychain...

59.jpg59.jpg

Nice and safe way to keep your PF lifted

56.jpg56.jpg

How to Avoid stuck balls on the PF...

52.jpg52.jpg51.jpg51.jpg

#42 8 years ago

More pictures of the (gorgeous) PF with natural light + flash
50.jpg50.jpg48.jpg48.jpg

PF with lit screen (no other insert lit). Check how default image blends with PF artwork.
58.jpg58.jpg

The toy (submarine can move laterally)
53.jpg53.jpg

Cabinet artwork.

47.jpg47.jpg46.jpg46.jpg45.jpg45.jpg44.jpg44.jpg43.jpg43.jpg

#43 8 years ago

Antonio and I (Antonio is the guy with the goatee...the younger one of the left. I am the older fatter guy on the right)

29.jpg29.jpg

Antonio, Manu and myself exploring the game.
There will be a short video of the installation (Manu is the cameraman) - should be online soon but no game play... nothing much to see except the cat exploring the submarine

14.jpg14.jpg

Regarding gameplay... not until July, sorry folks!
As code stands it would not give proper credit to the game and I am leaving soon!

#44 8 years ago

Very nice, congrats and way to wait it out, I bet that was tough. I cant wait more than a few weeks....

#45 8 years ago

mega top

#46 8 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

More pictures of the (gorgeous) PF with natural light + flash
50.jpg48.jpg
PF with lit screen (no other insert lit). Check how default image blends with PF artwork.
58.jpg
The toy (submarine can move laterally)
53.jpg
Cabinet artwork.
47.jpg46.jpg45.jpg44.jpg43.jpg

Wow looks really great.

#47 8 years ago

The game looks fabulous! But I'm having trouble looking through those portholes on the sides of the backbox and cabinet. Could you maybe use some glass cleaner on them before taking more photos?

#48 8 years ago

Very nice looking game!

#49 8 years ago

Beautiful machine! Looking forward to seeing some game video once you're back in town and the software's up to date. Hopefully all of the US games aren't headed to Texas, would love to see Nemo in Colorado one day.

#50 8 years ago

Cabinet is a great eye catcher. Love the colours.

There are 90 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/three-years-one-month-and-six-days-later%e2%80%a6-nemo-is-home and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.