Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 77 posts
  • 39 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by zr11990
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

PA300010 (resized).JPG
    20200310_110343 (resized).jpg
    28AEE81E-DFB4-40F6-B3FF-DB0818D8E6CA (resized).jpeg
    28B1650F-B1F8-49CF-87EE-4FABE4E50508 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider FYMF.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#30 4 years ago

This post pushed me towards extra morning cuddles.

Thanks for saving that girl.

20200310_110343 (resized).jpg20200310_110343 (resized).jpg
    #34 4 years ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

I don’t know how to say this and it not come back to bite me. This man seems nice and he is a hard working guy with a wife and family but he is from the hood and they think differently. To them it is a animal not a 4 legged friend for its entire lifetime. Think of me what you will but I want to save the dog. I will give his number to anyone who is interested in taking the dog. Spranard said he would take it and find it a home but that may not work out. Just text or call

Hope this is your number and not his. (For his sake)

#45 4 years ago
    Quoted from Spraynard:

Alright, second update...
    Just got off the phone with the guy. The dog's name is Roxie, and lives outdoors. He says this is just the dog's disposition, and he can't drag her inside. She likes to be outdoors and run around. So not house trained. Also, Roxie doesn't like cats and small animals. But she is very sweet with humans. Not spayed, no rabies vaccine. He thought the dog was purebred when he got her, but doesn't think so anymore.
    So, I definitely can't foster or adopt this dog -- I live in the city, I have like a 10 sq.ft. yard and four cats. However, I talked to him about some of the no kill shelters in the area and he seemed open to it. His wife also might have someone who is interested.
    For what it's worth, he seemed like a nice guy, just very country. I think he was under the mistaken impression that all shelters kill the dogs and his feeling was "i'd rather put her down myself then have them do it". I'm gonna follow up and make sure she gets to a shelter.

So that is 100% not an pure bred shepherd.
    I'd say its 50% tops so this does limit any GSD rescues.

The no rabies vaccine is going to be the hard part as no shelters are going to want to risk spreading rabies so you/they may need to get its shots first and wait whatever required time before bringing to the shelter

#50 4 years ago
    Quoted from Spraynard:

BARC in Houston will vaccinate all incoming dogs on the spot to be safe. However, the snag is that they take 6 days to take effect, so they try and have you keep it for an additional 6 days if possible.

That's the catch I was worried/thinking about. Inoculation period.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider FYMF.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/three-year-old-german-shepherd-needs-home?tu=FYMF and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.