Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 77 posts
  • 39 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by zr11990
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

PA300010 (resized).JPG
    20200310_110343 (resized).jpg
    28AEE81E-DFB4-40F6-B3FF-DB0818D8E6CA (resized).jpeg
    28B1650F-B1F8-49CF-87EE-4FABE4E50508 (resized).jpeg
    There are 77 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 4 years ago

Anyway to get her closer to St. Louis? We live on an acre of land. No fence but we have an invisible in ground fence that keeps our dog in (works great). We've had German Shepards before and they are good dogs. We'd give her a forever loving home. Just need to get her closer to us.

PA300010 (resized).JPGPA300010 (resized).JPG
    #52 4 years ago
    Quoted from oldschoolbob:

Anyway to get her closer to St. Louis? We live on an acre of land. No fence but we have an invisible in ground fence that keeps our dog in (works great). We've had German Shepards before and they are good dogs. We'd give her a forever loving home. Just need to get her closer to us.[quoted image]

Do you want his number to see if you could work it out?

#53 4 years ago

Yes - please PM his number.

Thanks

Bob

1 week later
    #54 4 years ago

For all you guys that were concerned a out the dog, he took it to bark which is a no kill shelter and they accepted her. Hopefully she will find a good home. Thanks for your concern.

#55 4 years ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

For all you guys that were concerned a out the dog, he took it to bark which is a no kill shelter and they accepted her. Hopefully she will find a good home. Thanks for your concern.

Great to hear.

#56 4 years ago

Excellent.

#57 4 years ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

Some of the best news I’ve heard lately. Thank you OP for staying on top of this to make sure she finds a good home.

#58 4 years ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

Just for you to know he is not my friend. He is a customer. He actually thinks it’s better. I don’t understand how these people think but I won’t go into that. Here are the pics of the dog. She is a very pretty dog.[quoted image][quoted image]

Put your customer down.

#59 4 years ago

I had nothing to do
    With it except start this thread. He took her to bark because someone here called him and told him that bark was a no kill shelter. I love animals and hate the thought of putting one down for no reason. When I had to put my year old boxer down because he had heart disease I openly cried in the vets office to the point that they called later that day to check on me.

Thanks For your concern and help

#60 4 years ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

I can’t believe a HOA can tell you what kind of pet you can have or charge a non refundable deposit to have a German Shepherd. He had his house built and didn’t know or ask.

Actually, they can. At least as far as condo HOAs go. They've been discussing not allowing certain breeds at my complex for a while after this lady moved in that has a SUPER aggressive doberman mix, and she is NOT strong enough to control it if it charges someone...and believe me...that thing wants to murder everything it looks at.

I delivered pizzas for a cumulative 8 years...I won't go within 40 feet of that animal. It's all about how they're raised and treated. You want a dog to act like a killer, and train it to do that....that's exactly what it's going to do. But that type of animal doesn't belong in a multi-dwelling type setting like condos or apartments.

#61 4 years ago

There are no bad days, only bad trainers.

#62 4 years ago

He isnt in a condo. He moved into a house that he had built in a new subdivision.

#63 4 years ago
    Quoted from NY2Colorado:

There are no bad days, only bad trainers.

True.

#64 4 years ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

I can’t believe a HOA can tell you what kind of pet you can have or charge a non refundable deposit to have a German Shepherd. He had his house built and didn’t know or ask.

You have to look at the rules of the HOA before buying into the development. Doesn't matter if it's an old house or new. Some HOA's have crazy rules!

#65 4 years ago

I’m hoping this dog finds a new owner, and when it does I’d like to help out
    Please reach out to me , and definitely
    Post pics

How people can give up a dog is beyond me .

#66 4 years ago

I’m certain when the guy signed the paperwork to have the house built they didn’t tell him anything about it. I have bought 3 houses in my life and they handed me the association papers and said sign. It’s your responsibility to read all that garbage, they explain nothing. Who would have thought they would be so over the top. I had a insurance co tell me they wouldn’t insure me because had a boxer. I found that ridiculous that the could dictate what pet I had but then again it is their prerogative. I despise HOAs and the people that run them. They, like most a abuse any power given them but most of these people are retired people with nothing to do but stick their nose in other peoples business
    For a while our HOA was demanding that anyone with a cracked driveway have their driveway redone to the time of 11000. We found out that the person insisting that people redo their driveways was in cahoots with a company that did this work. If you had someone do the work other than this person they would check to make sure it was legal and all permits pulled or they would make you do it again.

#67 4 years ago
    Quoted from Spraynard:

Alright, second update...
    Just got off the phone with the guy. The dog's name is Roxie, and lives outdoors. He says this is just the dog's disposition, and he can't drag her inside. She likes to be outdoors and run around. So not house trained. Also, Roxie doesn't like cats and small animals. But she is very sweet with humans. Not spayed, no rabies vaccine. He thought the dog was purebred when he got her, but doesn't think so anymore.
    So, I definitely can't foster or adopt this dog -- I live in the city, I have like a 10 sq.ft. yard and four cats. However, I talked to him about some of the no kill shelters in the area and he seemed open to it. His wife also might have someone who is interested.
    For what it's worth, he seemed like a nice guy, just very country. I think he was under the mistaken impression that all shelters kill the dogs and his feeling was "i'd rather put her down myself then have them do it". I'm gonna follow up and make sure she gets to a shelter.

dude, you fuggin rock.

#68 4 years ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

I’m certain when the guy signed the paperwork to have the house built they didn’t tell him anything about it.

I'd believe that. HOAs are shady as hell, regardless if it's a condo or a house. You look at one of these properties, they drop a 300 page document on your lap, the vast majority of it being technical property line documentation, and expect people to actually go through every single thing and make sense of what is mostly legalese gobbledygook. If you're LUCKY you have a realtor that can break it down for you...if not...well....

What they really need to just provide is a clear, concise explanation of the bylaws...but they're not actually required to do that, and they're buried in that documentation, and may not even be current plus these overbearing pricks just LOVE to come up with new garbage all the time to make people's life a living hell wherever possible, so even if you agree to the current rules, it doesn't mean that within that 15 or 30 year mortgage, that they won't come up with absurd new rules.

My HOA literally tries to tell people what kind of blinds we are allowed to use, and that we have to pay for solar screens to be installed. Keep in mind my unit's only windows... FACE A *CREEK*, and to the NORTH. I have NO windows visible to any street, nor anyone even driving around on our lot. Solar screens would be entirely pointless as we have huge amounts of trees due to being adjacent to the creek, and rarely any direct sunlight. Grass won't even grow in front of my unit. We fought them on that one, because I'll be damned if I'm paying for another set of blinds when I'd already installed new ones when I moved in, and for solar screens that do nothing for my use. We did win that one, thankfully, but it was still a thorn in my side for months with them sending me notifications of pending fines, possible lien on my property if I didn't comply, etc......

#69 4 years ago

I get the whole HOA thing, as i'm a lawyer and have read a few.

What i don't understand is how someone building a home in such an area DOESN'T read the agreement. Especially if they own Mans Best Friend.

The guy, in my book, doesn't get a pass here. It's shitty.

Hoping the pup lucks out and finds his real owner soon.

#70 4 years ago
    Quoted from Blackbeard:

I get the whole HOA thing, as i'm a lawyer and have read a few.
    What i don't understand is how someone building a home in such an area DOESN'T read the agreement. Especially if they own Mans Best Friend.
    The guy, in my book, doesn't get a pass here. It's shitty.
    Hoping the pup lucks out and finds his real owner soon.

Just because you can read something doesn't mean you necessarily understand it. In my case, I bought my condo when I was like...oh... 21. You think I had a single damn clue what I was getting into? No, I was still completely ignorant of such things. I was a moron kid with some money that wanted to not be wasting money into apartment rent every month, and a condo looked like a good middle ground to build some wealth instead of just throwing money at someone else's retirement fund. You're right, it's still my problem, and it was my fault for not talking more to my realtor or trying to figure out where the bylaws were hidden in the documents. That doesn't mean that they shouldn't have to be a lot more transparent about their shenanigans up front.

#71 4 years ago

It's a question I would ask point blank: "Is my dog/pet allowed?"

#72 4 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

Just because you can read something doesn't mean you necessarily understand it. In my case, I bought my condo when I was like...oh... 21. You think I had a single damn clue what I was getting into? No, I was still completely ignorant of such things. I was a moron kid with some money that wanted to not be wasting money into apartment rent every month, and a condo looked like a good middle ground to build some wealth instead of just throwing money at someone else's retirement fund. You're right, it's still my problem, and it was my fault for not talking more to my realtor or trying to figure out where the bylaws were hidden in the documents. That doesn't mean that they shouldn't have to be a lot more transparent about their shenanigans up front.

I get it Frax.

The point is that the guy was older, should've been wiser, and should've given a damn about his dog.

#73 4 years ago
    Quoted from RonSS:

It's a question I would ask point blank: "Is my dog/pet allowed?"

So would I but if that guy actually cared about that dog it wouldn’t be on a chain.

#74 4 years ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

So would I but if that guy actually cared about that dog it wouldn’t be on a chain.

Good point. As you mentioned earlier, some folk have animals for different reasons. And different feelings toward them, or no feelings.

1 week later
    #75 4 years ago

any updates on the dog?

#76 4 years ago

Just saw this thread. After more less saying his dog was loyal, I'm putting it down (!?), I had to finish..
    On deck waiting for good news..

#77 4 years ago

All I know is that he took it to bark which won’t kill it and they are good at finding homes.

There are 77 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/three-year-old-german-shepherd-needs-home/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.