Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 77 posts
  • 39 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by zr11990
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

PA300010 (resized).JPG
    20200310_110343 (resized).jpg
    28AEE81E-DFB4-40F6-B3FF-DB0818D8E6CA (resized).jpeg
    28B1650F-B1F8-49CF-87EE-4FABE4E50508 (resized).jpeg
    There are 77 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 4 years ago

A customer of mine is moving into a home that will not allow him to keep his dog. He wants to put it down. I told home I would try to find it a home. It is in Houston Texas. I will help in any way I can if you want the dog. I was told he loves outside and is very loyal. That is all I know. If anyone is interested let me know.

#2 4 years ago

People are psychos! Who wants to put a dog to sleep because they can't keep the dog. He is better off without the dog. I am very thankful that you are trying to save him.

#3 4 years ago

Post pictures and the German Shepherd will be gone by day light.

#4 4 years ago

I’ll get them tomorrow

#5 4 years ago

Humane Society or PAWS

#6 4 years ago

If you were closer I'd take him in a heartbeat.

#7 4 years ago

I've been browsing the local shelter website and the one time they got in a German Shepard it was gone in nanoseconds so.... yeah! Somebody will take it!

#8 4 years ago

id like to kick your friend in the nuts.

#9 4 years ago

your customer is a complete A HOLE! F that guy.

#10 4 years ago

There are plenty of German Shepherd rescues.

This is one of many I found doing a quick google search of German Shepherd rescues - TX

http://www.gsdrescuectx.com/

PM if you don’t find a home. I would pay to have it taken to a no kill shelter etc.

#11 4 years ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

He wants to put it down.

That's insane. Kill a young, (presumably) healthy animal for no reason other than he's moving somewhere else? At least you convinced him to let you try to rehome the dog. Good grief.

#12 4 years ago

Friend=asshole.

Make sure that pup gets a good home.

#13 4 years ago

What the hell is wrong with people?!!

Bump. Let's find this dog a home that cares!

#14 4 years ago

I can't tell you how F....d up your friend is!!! You would do that to a helpless dog that called him a friend?? You Texas creeps love to play with guns,why don't you shoot your friend instead!! Asshole!!!

#15 4 years ago
    Quoted from hawkmoon:

I can't tell you how F....d up your friend is!!! You would do that to a helpless dog that called him a friend?? You Texas creeps love to play with guns,why don't you shoot your friend instead!! Asshole!!!

Who said friend? He didn't say Friend, he said Customer. The OP is attempting to save the dog's life and here you go lashing out at him because you can't read.

#16 4 years ago

Hope he finds a good home. I'm freaking out while my 13 yr old dog is in surgery then I read this pos customer of yours wants to put down a healthy dog. People suck. Good luck to the dog. They're family not disposable items.

#17 4 years ago

Wow, i am in Texas now. When my oldest was a kid he wanted a German Shepard in the worst way. Beautiful dogs. I would have rented a van picked up the dog and drove him home back then. The Op is doing a great thing here. Good luck and best wishes finding a new home !!!!

#18 4 years ago

Hi. I am in Houston. Tell your psychotic customer that I will take the dog or find it a home.

Edit: Houston has a German Shepherd rescue ffs. https://www.ghgsdr.org/. The fact that their first reaction is to put the dog down is just mind blowing. WTF!

#19 4 years ago

GS's are snatched up in seconds in the Midwest.

#20 4 years ago

I don't see where OP stats the owner of the dog is his friend. It sounds to me that the OP heard what his customer was going to do and stepped in to rescue the dog.

And obviously this statement is ridiculous. No better than the current owner of the dog.

Quoted from hawkmoon:

#21 4 years ago

zr11990 Thank you so much for stepping up to help a doggo in need.

Friends for Life is an amazing organization in Houston that provides many animal services to the community, including accepting surrenders. I personally know the founder and are working with them as fosters in their network; they are wonderful people. Feel free to reach out to them and explain the situation. I know they will do everything they can to help. PM me if there is anything else I can do to facilitate.

https://friends4life.org/

#22 4 years ago

Just for you to know he is not my friend. He is a customer. He actually thinks it’s better. I don’t understand how these people think but I won’t go into that. Here are the pics of the dog. She is a very pretty dog.

28AEE81E-DFB4-40F6-B3FF-DB0818D8E6CA (resized).jpeg28AEE81E-DFB4-40F6-B3FF-DB0818D8E6CA (resized).jpeg28B1650F-B1F8-49CF-87EE-4FABE4E50508 (resized).jpeg28B1650F-B1F8-49CF-87EE-4FABE4E50508 (resized).jpeg
    #23 4 years ago

Gorgeous dog.

Really hope you pull thru for her.

People like this aren't fit for dog ownership. They don't have the pups best interests in mind.

#24 4 years ago

I can’t believe a HOA can tell you what kind of pet you can have or charge a non refundable deposit to have a German Shepherd. He had his house built and didn’t know or ask.

#25 4 years ago

Approximately every five seconds an animal is euthanized. Let that sink in.

So there is no confusion, that stat bothers me to no end. As a pilot, I can not have a dog. I am an animal lover, as it sounds many of you are.

Best I can (and frequently) do is donate to animal shelters and rescues. All anonymously.

Owning a dog, then chaining it up? The concept of putting it down as a reasonable option frightens me.

I truly hope this dog finds a home where she is loved and nurtured.

#26 4 years ago
    Quoted from Spraynard:

Hi. I am in Houston. Tell your psychotic customer that I will take the dog or find it a home.
    Edit: Houston has a German Shepherd rescue ffs. https://www.ghgsdr.org/. The fact that their first reaction is to put the dog down is just mind blowing. WTF!

My hero.

#27 4 years ago

Just the fact they have her on a chain like that is not good.

#28 4 years ago

Normally avoid OT threads but really hope the dog finds a home.

Looks like an amazing dog.

#29 4 years ago

There must be a no kill shelter in your area,

#30 4 years ago

This post pushed me towards extra morning cuddles.

Thanks for saving that girl.

20200310_110343 (resized).jpg20200310_110343 (resized).jpg
    #31 4 years ago

I don’t know how to say this and it not come back to bite me. This man seems nice and he is a hard working guy with a wife and family but he is from the hood and they think differently. To them it is a animal not a 4 legged friend for its entire lifetime. Think of me what you will but I want to save the dog. I will give his number to anyone who is interested in taking the dog. Spranard said he would take it and find it a home but that may not work out. Just text or call 832-573-4664

#32 4 years ago

Huge props to OP, and others trying to help. Its been said many times, but I would like to hammer home the fact your customer is a complete dick. There is absolutely zero excuse for having that mentality towards animals, period. Turns my piss red just thinking about it.

#33 4 years ago

German Shepard eh?

Seems a little on the mutty side!

Regardless, mutts need love too. Best dog I had was a similar mongrel rescued from a taxi yard going out of business. Hope it works out!

#34 4 years ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

I don’t know how to say this and it not come back to bite me. This man seems nice and he is a hard working guy with a wife and family but he is from the hood and they think differently. To them it is a animal not a 4 legged friend for its entire lifetime. Think of me what you will but I want to save the dog. I will give his number to anyone who is interested in taking the dog. Spranard said he would take it and find it a home but that may not work out. Just text or call

Hope this is your number and not his. (For his sake)

#35 4 years ago
    Quoted from FYMF:

Hope this is your number and not his.

Ditto, people will assault him with calls / texts.

Please edit your post with that number!

#36 4 years ago

Yes it is my number. The guy owes me 11k. I can’t really afford to poss him off. So, if anyone contacts him please be nice.

#37 4 years ago

There are tons of shelters in your area. Just call them. A young dog like that would get adopted quickly.

#38 4 years ago

Let me recant what I said. He doesn’t want to put the dog down but he said he hasn’t had any luck finding it a home and he is moving Friday and he said he will have no choice. I would just pay the money but I have it. He does not. I am passing on all info you give me to him.

#39 4 years ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

Let me recant what I said. He doesn’t want to put the dog down but he said he hasn’t had any luck finding it a home and he is moving Friday and he said he will have no choice. I would just pay the money but I have it. He does not. I am passing on all info you give me to him.

Tell him to take it to a shelter. At least it would have a chance to live.

#40 4 years ago

If you are on reddit, you might want to post on the German Shepherds forum there; I just looked at the forum and has 68k+ members. I see similar situations posted on the Rottweiler sub-forum, and the posts usually result in good outcomes. Thank you for trying to save this dog. My Rottie has a Shepherd that he has play dates with, and Shepherds are awesome dogs.

#41 4 years ago

I’m not, o don’t do social media. I am too opinionated and people can get into trouble airing their opinions on social media. But I will see about getting on it.

#42 4 years ago
    Quoted from Spraynard:

Update: I texted the owner, we'll see what happens. I don't think I can foster the dog at this time, so I'm looking into possible shelters to take it to. I've heard many in the Houston area are full, so fingers crossed. I don't think it is a pure breed, so I doubt the GS rescue will take it. If anyone does want to adopt this pup, please let me know!

Also, if anyone wants to help by calling some of the local shelters that would help me immensely. I'm in the middle of transitioning jobs, so I'm slammed with work.

#43 4 years ago

Alright, second update...

Just got off the phone with the guy. The dog's name is Roxie, and lives outdoors. He says this is just the dog's disposition, and he can't drag her inside. She likes to be outdoors and run around. So not house trained. Also, Roxie doesn't like cats and small animals. But she is very sweet with humans. Not spayed, no rabies vaccine. He thought the dog was purebred when he got her, but doesn't think so anymore.

So, I definitely can't foster or adopt this dog -- I live in the city, I have like a 10 sq.ft. yard and four cats. However, I talked to him about some of the no kill shelters in the area and he seemed open to it. His wife also might have someone who is interested.

For what it's worth, he seemed like a nice guy, just very country. I think he was under the mistaken impression that all shelters kill the dogs and his feeling was "i'd rather put her down myself then have them do it". I'm gonna follow up and make sure she gets to a shelter.

#44 4 years ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

A customer of mine is moving into a home that will not allow him to keep his dog. He wants to put it down. I told home I would try to find it a home. It is in Houston Texas. I will help in any way I can if you want the dog. I was told he loves outside and is very loyal. That is all I know. If anyone is interested let me know.

The guy wanting to put down a perfectly healthy only 3 year old dog is ignorant!

Most areas have no-kill rescues groups if you have a hard time finding the young dog a caring home. Whatever you do please save this pup from being put down or mistreated.

#45 4 years ago
    Quoted from Spraynard:

Alright, second update...
    Just got off the phone with the guy. The dog's name is Roxie, and lives outdoors. He says this is just the dog's disposition, and he can't drag her inside. She likes to be outdoors and run around. So not house trained. Also, Roxie doesn't like cats and small animals. But she is very sweet with humans. Not spayed, no rabies vaccine. He thought the dog was purebred when he got her, but doesn't think so anymore.
    So, I definitely can't foster or adopt this dog -- I live in the city, I have like a 10 sq.ft. yard and four cats. However, I talked to him about some of the no kill shelters in the area and he seemed open to it. His wife also might have someone who is interested.
    For what it's worth, he seemed like a nice guy, just very country. I think he was under the mistaken impression that all shelters kill the dogs and his feeling was "i'd rather put her down myself then have them do it". I'm gonna follow up and make sure she gets to a shelter.

So that is 100% not an pure bred shepherd.
    I'd say its 50% tops so this does limit any GSD rescues.

The no rabies vaccine is going to be the hard part as no shelters are going to want to risk spreading rabies so you/they may need to get its shots first and wait whatever required time before bringing to the shelter

#46 4 years ago

Thank you Spraynard for doing whatever you can to save this dog. I'm in Pennsylvania, we have two adopted dogs. If I lived closer like you do, I think I'd be doing the same thing you are doing and trying to find a shelter or home for this dog. Roxie deserves to live a full life!

#47 4 years ago

He didn’t tell me that. He said it liked outside. You see what I mean about people thinking differently. My dogs have shots and they are treated like royalty. They sleep in my bed and push me off. This guy doesn’t need a dog. I will keep trying for the sake of the animal.

#48 4 years ago

The shelters here are full because people don’t have their dogs fixed and they let them run loose.

Here is an example of how hood people think. My secretary wanted a wiener dog but they had a dog that her husband picked up of the side of the road. He said they didn’t need two dogs so he took the rescued on back to where he found it and put it out. I was pissed beyond belief but had no control over it.

#49 4 years ago
    Quoted from FYMF:

The no rabies vaccine is going to be the hard part as no shelters are going to want to risk spreading rabies so you/they may need to get its shots first and wait whatever required time before bringing to the shelter

BARC in Houston will vaccinate all incoming dogs on the spot to be safe. However, the snag is that they take 6 days to take effect, so they try and have you keep it for an additional 6 days if possible.

#50 4 years ago
    Quoted from Spraynard:

BARC in Houston will vaccinate all incoming dogs on the spot to be safe. However, the snag is that they take 6 days to take effect, so they try and have you keep it for an additional 6 days if possible.

That's the catch I was worried/thinking about. Inoculation period.

There are 77 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/three-year-old-german-shepherd-needs-home and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.