Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

bth_stooges.jpg
Stooges_Pinball.jpg
Shemp-1.jpg
three-stooges_music.jpg
shemptie.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PinFun.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#25 10 years ago

In regards to licensing, you also must take into account music licensing. ASCAP would definitely be involved and want a big slice of the pie.
If you wanted to use Stooge sound effects, you would have to license those too.

Actually, Columbia Pictures didn't want to pay royalties, so they picked songs for the Three Stooges films that were public domain. If using the same music the studio used (which is perfect), royalties would not be required for Three Stooges Pinball.

three-stooges_music.jpgthree-stooges_music.jpg

#26 10 years ago

Please ask the family members what they would think of having a Three Stooges pinball made.

The members of Shemp's family that will be at that event have no say whether or not a pinball machine is made. If asked though, I'm sure they will say yes, as long as Shemp is included in the pinball game.

Shemp-1.jpgShemp-1.jpg

#30 10 years ago
Quoted from KenLayton:

There already is one:
» YouTube video
It is now located at the Three Stooges Museum.

This game mentioned was made from a Dolly Parton game, and is far from what could be. May be good enough for someone's basement, certainly not worthy of a museum. Hopefully Jersey Jack will make one, so this "Dolly Stooges" can be very quickly replaced.

#35 10 years ago

Even the boys would love a Three Stooges Pinball machine.

Stooges_Pinball.jpgStooges_Pinball.jpg

#36 10 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Sure, I can do that. Hard to believe it cost more to get a 3 Stooges license than Wizard of Oz...

It would of when first asked a few years ago, but not now. The licensing company understands and would love to see a Three Stooges Pinball machine.

#38 10 years ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

Well, that was an ignorant comment. I don't know why you would say that, when the museum itself finds it worthy of their museum.
Let's see you do better!

Have you seen the pinball machine or the museum? The machine is homemade and unfortunately is looking a little rough, and doesn't fit in with the quality of the museum display's.
My point is that the museum would be better off with a professionally manufactured licensed pinball machine.
By the way, I do appreciate the hard work the original owner did to make the machine. Disclaimer: I'm friends with the owner of the museum. I am very familiar with the museum and the machine (I've even fixed it a few times)

#43 10 years ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

Well, that explains our impasse, I'm friends with the guy who made the machine, so yes, I've seen it, in its original home. Of course a professionally manufactured machine would be nicer, thanks for that keen observation. No need to denigrate someone's labor of love, is all I'm sayin'. If the museum didn't like it, they wouldn't display it.

You had me at "impasse." Thanks for noting that my observation is keen.
Hope I didn't hurt your feelings.

1 year later
#55 9 years ago

From a Seinfeld episode-

GINA: …Let me ask you. What will you do if Martine wakes up? Run away like a mouse?
JERRY: No, more like the Three Stooges at the end of every movie.
GINA: Who are these Stooges you speak of?
JERRY: They’re a comedy team.
GINA: Tell me about them. Everything.
JERRY: Well, they’re three kind of funny looking guys and they hit each other a lot.
GINA: You will show me The Stooges?
JERRY: I will show you The Stooges.
GINA: When?
JERRY: Well, I don’t really know where The Stooges are right now but if I locate them you will be the first to know.

#58 9 years ago
Quoted from poppapin:

3 Stooges were funny at the time, but their time is past!!

Actually, the Three Stooges are mentioned in some form of media each and every day. Sony Studios who owns Columbia Pictures recently restored picture and sound of all the short films, making them available in a DVD set. It's only a matter of time when they are released on Blu-Ray.

Three Stooges comedy is timeless and brings a lot of laughter to many of all ages. Attend any Stooges Film Festival and the proof is there.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
$ 24.50
$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 91.00
$ 5.00
$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 16.95
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Spokane Valley, WA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PinFun.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/three-stooges-pinball?tu=PinFun and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.