T1.jpg
P9.JPG
P8.JPG
P7.jpg
P6.jpg
P5.jpg
P4.jpg
P3.jpg
There are 73 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 10 years ago

As the topic states I have the oppurtunity to but T2, Party Zone and Pin Bot for 5K.

Looking for advice...pick or pass?

Group.JPGGroup.JPG Bot1.jpgBot1.jpg Bot2.jpgBot2.jpg Bot3.jpgBot3.jpg Bot4.jpgBot4.jpg Bot5.jpgBot5.jpg

#2 10 years ago

more pics

Bot6.jpgBot6.jpg Bot7.jpgBot7.jpg Bot8.JPGBot8.JPG Bot9.JPGBot9.JPG P1.jpgP1.jpg P2.jpgP2.jpg

#3 10 years ago

more

P3.jpgP3.jpg P4.jpgP4.jpg P5.jpgP5.jpg P6.jpgP6.jpg P7.jpgP7.jpg P8.JPGP8.JPG

#4 10 years ago

more

P9.JPGP9.JPG T1.jpgT1.jpg T2.JPGT2.JPG T3.jpgT3.jpg T4.jpgT4.jpg T5.jpgT5.jpg

#5 10 years ago

last ones

T6.jpgT6.jpg T7.jpgT7.jpg T8.JPGT8.JPG T9.JPGT9.JPG

#6 10 years ago

I would pass...

Having trouble spreading $5K across those three titles. Any combination doesn't make sense to me:

T2 = $2,000
Party Zone = $1,800
PinBot = $1,200

All of those titles can be had separately for less, so I would assume a package deal would get you a discount.

#7 10 years ago

From what I see from the pictures they look pretty solid, but what do they look like under the hood?

Take a stab at offering $4.5k and see how motivated the seller is.

Based strictly on the low-res pictures you've provided though, I personally would be feeling temptation.

Question is: Do you have an extra $5k to roll the dice on?

#8 10 years ago

I say do it. You only live once. I assume they are all solid working order and the boards look nice.

#9 10 years ago

I should quantify my above statement. Western Canada = +$500 per game on base market value. ESPECIALLY Alberta.

#10 10 years ago

Yes everything works on them and they have been regularily cleaned and waxed. My main concern is the Paint around pinbots target bank, and the cracks that outline some of the lights T2 and PZ. Can these things be restored?

#11 10 years ago

I'd say you have $4000-$4500 in machines there.

#12 10 years ago
Quoted from midcoastsurf:

I would pass...
Having trouble spreading $5K across those three titles. Any combination doesn't make sense to me:
T2 = $2,000
Party Zone = $1,800
PinBot = $1,200
All of those titles can be had separately for less, so I would assume a package deal would get you a discount.

I would say $3800 for the three is a fair price.

#13 10 years ago

If you're buying them for yourself then, it's a personal enjoyment decision.

If you're buying for profit I must agree that profit margin may be too thin to be worthwhile.

#14 10 years ago

I think his location is the main factor in this, Splurge away! Worst case is you play them for a few years and eat a little $, I call that entertainment value.

#15 10 years ago

The trouble spots in the pics for each one don't bother you guys too much?

And yes my location is a huge factor.

#16 10 years ago

If you have the $5K, and don't want to negotiate, then make the deal.

I would advise you to make an offer like $4,200 or so. Make it clear that you are serious and you are willing to buy them immediately.

Also make it clear that once you buy them and take them home, you will not be bothering the seller in the future.

If the seller is firm on the price, and you like all three machines, then buy them.

The money will be forgotten quickly as you enjoy 3 great machines daily.

Good luck!

Marcus

#17 10 years ago

a bit rich considering the titles and a package deal. Not a barn burner by any means.

They look like solid games... typical fade on the party zone.

#18 10 years ago
Quoted from Jeekayjay:

Yes everything works on them and they have been regularily cleaned and waxed. My main concern is the Paint around pinbots target bank, and the cracks that outline some of the lights T2 and PZ. Can these things be restored?

Insert wear around the edges can be restored.. but it's not trivial. Most people leave it go unless they plan on restoring the entire playfield. Restore means reseating the inserts (maybe), paint/decals, and then clearing. Not trivial - but also unnecessary unless you want perfection.

#19 10 years ago

Unless they're HUO with receipt don't take a chance!

#20 10 years ago

Honestly, that seems pretty high, but I'm in an area where pins are easier to find...

Personally, if I had the cash to burn, I'd want to find those three together in that shape (which isn't bad, but not excellent) for about 75% of that price. I'm probably cheap, but I'd hope for under $4k.

In Canada, though, it's going to be higher... maybe that's not a bad price. I'd show up with $4500 in cash, and start talking at $3500 to see where you can get him.

#21 10 years ago

I havent played the other 2 games, but T2 is a great game, wish I had an infinite pin budget, mine would still be here.

#22 10 years ago

I was going to say there's barely $4k there (if that), but I don't know how the Canada thing affects value.

#23 10 years ago

I think that in L.A. those 3 pins for 5k would be about right. Maybe even more

#24 10 years ago

As far as western Canadian RETAIL pricing goes, I'd wager $4.5-5k would be pretty close.

Again, this isn't a money-maker deal, it's a passion play. And there's nothing wrong with that if you dig the games.

Having said that, I'd try and get the price down by $500 if you can.

#25 10 years ago
Quoted from jitneystand1:

I was going to say there's barely $4k there (if that), but I don't know how the Canada thing affects value.

Agree with this...

#26 10 years ago

I'm thinking 4K if you really wanted them....

Although the T2's inserts look way better than average...

#27 10 years ago

Go T2 and PB for 3k, imo

#28 10 years ago

5k does seem a little high for these titles that do come up rather often.

#29 10 years ago

Seems a bit steep. Not factoring the location though. btw- what is the T2 skull looking at? Seems a bit twisted.

#30 10 years ago

t2-2000
pinbot-800
pz-850

i wouldn't personally offer anything over 3650. bulk buying i would expect a discount as well. 3500 would get me motivated. any more and i would pass.

5k is plain silly imho.

#31 10 years ago
Quoted from vex:

t2-2000
pinbot-800
pz-850
i wouldn't personally offer anything over 3650. bulk buying i would expect a discount as well. 3500 would get me motivated. any more and i would pass.
5k is plain silly imho.

Where can I find those prices please!!?

#32 10 years ago
Quoted from Jeekayjay:

I agree, in Australia I'd snatch them up for 5k, in the u.s though they are cheaper. Hows canadas prices?

#33 10 years ago
Quoted from pinmanguy:

I agree, in Australia I'd snatch them up for 5k, in the u.s though they are cheaper. Hows canadas prices?

They seem ok in eastern Canada but here in Alberta its pretty bad as far as I can tell...though I have only been watching the market for about 2 months...

#34 10 years ago
Quoted from Jeekayjay:

maybe i am a bit low on t2, but this is imo only, what i would pay. this is me personally. if the market is considerably higher for these titles i would not have any interest.

#35 10 years ago

5k doesn't seem too far out of line
T2 - 2k
PZ 1700
PB 1300
Not a steal, but not really a shazzam either.
That is considering they are all in NICE shape.
Just depends on what you want them for. If they are titles tou want then cool, but if you are gonna flip then I'd pass.
Offer $4k cash, see where it gets ya.

#36 10 years ago
Quoted from vex:

maybe i am a bit low on t2, but this is imo only, what i would pay. this is me personally. if the market is considerably higher for these titles i would not have any interest.

Ah makes sense.

Yes I am kinda excited about T2....and Ive actually wanted Pinbot for a while now...

Fun Zone seems cool though I would never have thought to go after this title.

The main thing is that for 2 nice clean DMDs and a Pinbot in my area that this is a great deal. I am not looking to make money on them but I do want to have some confidence that I could get my money back out of them when I want something else.

I would hope to have these Pins for at least a year or two if not indefinitely...

#37 10 years ago
Quoted from zippydapinhead:

5k doesn't seem too far out of line
T2 - 2k
PZ 1700
PB 1300
Not a steal, but not really a shazzam either.
That is considering they are all in NICE shape.
Just depends on what you want them for. If they are titles tou want then cool, but if you are gonna flip then I'd pass.
Offer $4k cash, see where it gets ya.

Would you consider the pins in the pics to be in nice shape?

#38 10 years ago

Only if those are 3 games you actually want. Party Zone was never a favorite of mine.

#39 10 years ago

I see $4k there tops. Unless you were really looking for all three of those titles.... I wouldn't bother taking all three as a package even for 4. None of those are particularly great examples of the games.... that Party Zone is way too faded. There are better deals out there to be had even in today's market.

#40 10 years ago

I also see 4K tops

I would snag the pinbot or T2 if you can for 1500ish each

Pinbot looks pretty good from pics upwards of 2K no more if exceptional condition. IMO

Leave the party zone

#41 10 years ago

Here's what I come up with.
t2-$2000
PZ-$1200
PB-1000
Total-$4200

And I think I'm on the high end. Buying in bulk should get you a little less, maybe $3800 on the lowest end and probably settle at $4K

John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, Mi.
269-979-3836

#42 10 years ago
Quoted from Dayhuff:

Here's what I come up with.t2-$2000PZ-$1200PB-1000Total-$4200
And I think I'm on the high end. Buying in bulk should get you a little less, maybe $3800 on the lowest end and probably settle at $4K

I'd even drop the T2 price by $300 or so. I'd say $3,500-$3,700 for a package deal. Glad I live where I do versus some of the local prices some of you guys have to pay.

#43 10 years ago

To me any fully working WPC game is worth at least $1k in parts, if not more. Chad just paid over $300 for a complete Captain BZarr assembly. The sound boards in T2 and PZ are getting increasingly difficult to find. And there's lots of value in nice coin doors, ramps, plastics, translite etc.

Your location is critical to pricing. I agree with what others have said. If you show up with $4500 cash, the seller would be foolish to say no.

viperrwk

#44 10 years ago

It's not a bad price for western Canada. Lowest I've seen PB go for in these parts in the last two years is $1,500. We are in the pin wasteland. No, seriously, it's like Mad Max up here

LMK if you want to pass on it. I think if the seller is motivated, $4,200 could get it done.

#45 10 years ago

Too much..............don't do it.

#46 10 years ago

must you take all 3?

#47 10 years ago

Just Do It!(no intention for endorsement for NIKE) or is there?

#48 10 years ago

I would say you are paying max price per pin, but in a package deal, so you should get a sizable discount for taking all 3. 20 % would seem about right, so $4200, cash and carry!

#49 10 years ago

Most PZ I've seen (both in person and photos) are beaters and/or have significant parts missing. As things go - that one looks like it's in pretty good shape IMO (FYI - you can get new cabinet decals on ebay if that's something you're worried about). Many PZs seems to be missing the red ramp rocket (I feel lucky that I still have mine) and new ones are unavailable (yours looks like it's good from that perspective). Most Captain B. Zarr heads have very serious paint flaking issues. I have my original and a replacement and both have flaking (debating a repaint this summer) - the head on the above pin looks like it's in excellent shape in comparison (yes - I'm jealous). The body of the dancing dummy is also unavailable to the best of my knowledge (yours looks fine). Limbs are obtainable.

The long ramps are literally impossible to come by (people are always looking for replacements and they simply don't exist) and are the most prized "asset" of PZ. Some people have "ball drop" issues with the ramps (i.e. ball frequently falls off one or both of the main ramps). This isn't something that affects mine so I can't tell you exactly what to look for - however given the ramps are impossible to replace, you might want to play a few games on the one you're considering to see if the ramps work as expected.

#50 10 years ago

Pass....bundle deals should have a discount, not a price increase. I like all three games, but would not spend that much for them.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Backbox
Twisted Tokens

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct

$ 39.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

3,152 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pulaski, PA
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.95
$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.95
$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

4,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Kingston, OK
2,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

There are 73 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/three-pins-for-5k-input-please and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.