• IrMa 39 votes
    26%
  • MET 51 votes
    34%
  • TWD 58 votes
    39%

(148 votes)

#1 1 year ago

Bringing in my restored Fathom and need to make room in my 8 games at home. Trying to decide which stern to remove. It is definitely not Iron Maiden, so its between Metallica Prem, and Walking Dead LE. Life is hard.

#3 1 year ago

I technically owned all three of these at one point, but sold my IMDN while still NIB - so there's my vote. Although I enjoy playing a Premium on route, I'm not a fan of the group or their music in the game.

Since you're apparently deciding just between TWD and MET, I'd ultimately keep my MET Premium over my TWD Premium if I had to choose one. I love practically everything about MET and while TWD is a great game, it also plays meaner and therefore is slightly less fun for me.

#4 1 year ago

I have these three but TWD and Maiden are pro. That is my whole collection so if I want new blood I will be faced with the same choice. Luckily for me there isnt anything out there i want more than what I have. With that said, if the choice had to be made it would be TWD. Hate the theme but love the game play. Put the TOOL software in it and it became better but horror/zombies does nothing for me. Never watched the show. The game play at my skill set is very much like Rings or Simpsons where I seem to always get to the same spot and cant really progress pass it. Even if I buckle down and try to break through I always leave more frustrated than satisfied.

On the flipside, both Met and Maiden are ultimate themes and favorite bands. The game play seems more attainable on more of the features so in turn there is more to see. Just need to hold out for Judas Priest and my high school days will be forever captured in pins..

#5 1 year ago

Yeah. I am torn.. I am a fairly good player so deep rules and variety of strategy are important.. I feel like Walking dead offers more than Metallica in that department with modes and multiple wizard modes. I do love Metallica.. this is my second Met premium. And the reality is that while I need to move one of these.. I am not selling them

#6 1 year ago

I’d keep the Met, let Twd go. But that’s me.

#7 1 year ago

wow, 14 people are so wrong about TWD

#8 1 year ago

I'd go Metallica. It's a great game no doubt, but i sold mine and moved on and don't miss it a ton.

#9 1 year ago

I think Met and TWD are both Top 5 for me. Would be very hard to cut one. I'd exhaust all other options first

#10 1 year ago

TWD may have impressive rules and a unique layout, but I let mine go when I realized it just wasn't much fun (to me). Not to mention nearly every shot ending up in the pops, and rules being WAY too reliant on the drop targets (they should be either Blood Bath OR qualify modes...not both) were two things that really drove me nuts. And so much could have been done with that Woodbury / skill shot system...but wasn't. There are things I love about the game, but there are an equal amount that I hate, so it wasn't a keeper for me. I can totally see why so many people love it though.

Metallica on the other hand is damn near pinball perfection all around.

#11 1 year ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

TWD may have impressive rules and a unique layout, but I let mine go when I realized it just wasn't much fun (to me). Not to mention nearly every shot ending up in the pops, and rules being WAY too reliant on the drop targets (they should be either Blood Bath OR qualify modes...not both) were two things that really drove me nuts. And so much could have been done with that Woodbury / skill shot system...but wasn't. There are things I love about the game, but there are an equal amount that I hate, so it wasn't a keeper for me. I can totally see why so many people love it though.
Metallica on the other hand is damn near pinball perfection all around.

If you ever make it out to MN, try the TWD at ss billiards. That game plays better than any other TWD i've seen.

#12 1 year ago
Quoted from Troutfarm:

Yeah. I am torn.. I am a fairly good player so deep rules and variety of strategy are important.. I feel like Walking dead offers more than Metallica in that department with modes and multiple wizard modes. I do love Metallica.. this is my second Met premium. And the reality is that while I need to move one of these.. I am not selling them

You have answered your own question! Looks like MET. We were faced with a similar situation a few weeks ago.. MET was the one we sold. Biggest reason.. long ball times.

#13 1 year ago

Metallica. It’s an awesome game, but the other two are deeper and IMO more fun

#14 1 year ago

I own all three games this is a super tough choice but I think I would sell Metallica but it's still an amazing game.

#15 1 year ago
Quoted from lordloss:

If you ever make it out to MN, try the TWD at ss billiards. That game plays better than any other TWD i've seen.

It wasn't a matter of how it played. Mine played perfectly. My opinion is based on the game itself, not the set-up. That said, I certainly do not mind playing it whenever I can. I just do not need to own it.

#16 1 year ago

I voted IrMa as the most interesting from the choices but have no idea what it means.

No way I’d be letting go of MET/TWD.
Good Luck!

#17 1 year ago

My vote goes to MET.
Sold my my MET pro and still own my TWD pro. Added a color dmd to TWD and wow... It fits perfekt and TWD is this one more game. Also the sound quality from MET is far away from IMDN vor TWD.

So i don't miss mine, but will replace it likely with a GOTG or something with a fast gameplay.

#18 1 year ago
Quoted from Troutfarm:

Met’s one wizard mode is one of the hardest to get to, where TWD is easier to get to any of the three. Having achieved all wizard modes on each of those games, my vote to stay is TWD, it’s just more fun imo where MET is a woodchopper.

1 week later
#19 1 year ago

Solved the problem. TNA.

#20 1 year ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

Having achieved all wizard modes on each of those games

You're saying that Run to the Hills is easier to get to than End of the Line?

To the Op - I had literally just looked at your collection and would have ditched TNA as well. (Although I probably would never have allowed it in my house anyway)

#21 1 year ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

You're saying that Run to the Hills is easier to get to than End of the Line?

I would

#22 1 year ago

I've owned Met for 4 years. I've only ever started 2 CIU modes in a single game. It's hard, and a lot of wood chopping.

#23 1 year ago
Quoted from tamoore:

I've owned Met for 4 years. I've only ever started 2 CIU modes in a single game. It's hard, and a lot of wood chopping.

There's also the ego factor involved of not wanting to end CIU as soon as you can. It's just hard not to keep going and then double it.

#24 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

There's also the ego factor involved of not wanting to end CIU as soon as you can. It's just hard not to keep going and then double it.

I work hard to get there, no way I'm taking the chicken shit way out.

#25 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

It's just hard not to keep going and then double it.

... and then drain it before collecting.

At least that's how I like to do it...

2 weeks later
#26 1 year ago

So how many times have you got to Run to the Hills?

I didn't find getting to EotL that hard - IF your focus is on getting to it. Which means cashing out CIUs, rather than trying to max score. It's not that much of a grind if you ensure not playing Seek and Destroy and playing MBs often.

RttH is a whole different story.

#27 1 year ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

So how many times have you got to Run to the Hills?
I didn't find getting to EotL that hard -

0 times run to hills, but I don't have a ton of time to play.
0 times getting EOTL, but I had a Shit ton of plays on it. Like I said, hard to swallow pride and shotgun through CIUs, but I tried many times.

#28 1 year ago

Jeez that’s tough, three awesome games.

I like Metallica better musically but I think Iron Maiden is more fun as a pin, especially sitting with Walking Dead... so I’d sell Metallica grudgingly.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside