By BlackCatBone

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 1 post
  • 1 Pinsider participating
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Vintage Three-A-Line photo from eBay June 2019 (resized).jpg
    Bally Victory Special conversion to Three-A-Line, seen on Craigslist 2019, side view with Citation-inspired art (resized).png
    Bally Victory Special conversion to Three-A-Line, seen on Craigslist 2019, top right text bubble (resized).jpg
    Bally Victory Special conversion to Three-A-Line, seen on Craigslist 2019, top left text bubble (resized).jpg
    Bally Victory Special conversion to Three-A-Line, seen on Craigslist 2019, whole backglass shot (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BlackCatBone.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

Here’s an interesting 1-ball horse race game that showed up on our local Craigslist a few months back. It appears to be an ambitious “back in the day” conversion of a Bally Victory Special to “Three-A-Line.” What’s striking is how professional the top of the backglass looks, and the curious tic-tac-toe board right in the center. They even expanded the cabinet and added a poor-man’s Citation art theme to the sides. I don’t believe this game started as a payout Victory Derby because the coin cup is in the wrong location – I think it was made a payout game during the conversion. I don’t know what the “yellow hole” is or exactly what the red line does, but it sounds like the game was converted to guaranteed advancing odds. I was thinking this was a nifty example of a one-off game conversion, but then I came across a vintage photo of the game, so it was almost certainly produced in multiples. Has anyone ever seen one?

seattle.craigslist.org link

Bally Victory Special conversion to Three-A-Line, seen on Craigslist 2019, whole backglass shot (resized).pngBally Victory Special conversion to Three-A-Line, seen on Craigslist 2019, whole backglass shot (resized).pngBally Victory Special conversion to Three-A-Line, seen on Craigslist 2019, top left text bubble (resized).jpgBally Victory Special conversion to Three-A-Line, seen on Craigslist 2019, top left text bubble (resized).jpgBally Victory Special conversion to Three-A-Line, seen on Craigslist 2019, top right text bubble (resized).jpgBally Victory Special conversion to Three-A-Line, seen on Craigslist 2019, top right text bubble (resized).jpgBally Victory Special conversion to Three-A-Line, seen on Craigslist 2019, side view with Citation-inspired art (resized).pngBally Victory Special conversion to Three-A-Line, seen on Craigslist 2019, side view with Citation-inspired art (resized).pngVintage Three-A-Line photo from eBay June 2019 (resized).jpgVintage Three-A-Line photo from eBay June 2019 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BlackCatBone.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/three-a-line-1-ball-horse-race-conversion?tu=BlackCatBone and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.