(Topic ID: 251937)

Threads showing TAF mansion overlay process?

By Duke-

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by CLEllison
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 4 years ago

I’m shopping out an Addams Family with some major chipping on the mansion c.c. and I’m considering a mansion overlay. I was hoping to find a thread documenting the process but can find one. There’s got to be one, right? Anyone done an overlay on just the mansion? Got any pics?

#2 4 years ago
    Quoted from Duke-:

I’m shopping out an Addams Family with some major chipping on the mansion c.c. and I’m considering a mansion overlay. I was hoping to find a thread documenting the process but can find one. There’s got to be one, right? Anyone done an overlay on just the mansion? Got any pics?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/taf-mansion-overlay#post-1320274-parent

#3 4 years ago

I didnt do any sort of write up when I did a mansion overlay.

I can quickly tell you i recommend removing all lettering and clear from the inserts, making sure they are level. Once level you can put a thin coat of clear or polish the inserts. Lightly scuff the mansion area under the overlay and then lay it down.

Many will recommend clearing over to seal it. In a light used home setting I'd say it isnt mandatory.

#4 4 years ago

I think I'm going to order one. I see a couple on ebay and ministry of pinball. Unless someone knows of a US seller with good quality mansion decals I'll order from MOP. Everything I've ordered from them I was happy with. After reading about decals the wrong size I'm hesitant to order from ebay.

#5 4 years ago

Would it be worth doing a playfield swap instead? Repro bronze and silver quality playfields are still available and reasonably priced.

#6 4 years ago
    Quoted from Slim64:

I didnt do any sort of write up when I did a mansion overlay.
    I can quickly tell you i recommend removing all lettering and clear from the inserts, making sure they are level. Once level you can put a thin coat of clear or polish the inserts. Lightly scuff the mansion area under the overlay and then lay it down.
    Many will recommend clearing over to seal it. In a light used home setting I'd say it isnt mandatory.

An overlay and mylar on top would be the route to take if the playfield is no longer fantastic and a person doesnt have the time/money/skills to do a pf swap.

Quoted from loneacer:

Would it be worth doing a playfield swap instead? Repro bronze and silver quality playfields are still available and reasonably priced.

If a playfield is that bad and the machine is a keeper for the OP I fully concur. I'm pretty sure starship fantasy has golds in stock.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/threads-showing-taf-mansion-overlay-process- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.