New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 251937)

Threads showing TAF mansion overlay process?

By Duke-

1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by CLEllison
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 1 year ago

I’m shopping out an Addams Family with some major chipping on the mansion c.c. and I’m considering a mansion overlay. I was hoping to find a thread documenting the process but can find one. There’s got to be one, right? Anyone done an overlay on just the mansion? Got any pics?

#2 1 year ago
    Quoted from Duke-:

I’m shopping out an Addams Family with some major chipping on the mansion c.c. and I’m considering a mansion overlay. I was hoping to find a thread documenting the process but can find one. There’s got to be one, right? Anyone done an overlay on just the mansion? Got any pics?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/taf-mansion-overlay#post-1320274-parent

#3 1 year ago

I didnt do any sort of write up when I did a mansion overlay.

I can quickly tell you i recommend removing all lettering and clear from the inserts, making sure they are level. Once level you can put a thin coat of clear or polish the inserts. Lightly scuff the mansion area under the overlay and then lay it down.

Many will recommend clearing over to seal it. In a light used home setting I'd say it isnt mandatory.

#4 1 year ago

I think I'm going to order one. I see a couple on ebay and ministry of pinball. Unless someone knows of a US seller with good quality mansion decals I'll order from MOP. Everything I've ordered from them I was happy with. After reading about decals the wrong size I'm hesitant to order from ebay.

#5 1 year ago

Would it be worth doing a playfield swap instead? Repro bronze and silver quality playfields are still available and reasonably priced.

#6 1 year ago
    Quoted from Slim64:

I didnt do any sort of write up when I did a mansion overlay.
    I can quickly tell you i recommend removing all lettering and clear from the inserts, making sure they are level. Once level you can put a thin coat of clear or polish the inserts. Lightly scuff the mansion area under the overlay and then lay it down.
    Many will recommend clearing over to seal it. In a light used home setting I'd say it isnt mandatory.

An overlay and mylar on top would be the route to take if the playfield is no longer fantastic and a person doesnt have the time/money/skills to do a pf swap.

Quoted from loneacer:

Would it be worth doing a playfield swap instead? Repro bronze and silver quality playfields are still available and reasonably priced.

If a playfield is that bad and the machine is a keeper for the OP I fully concur. I'm pretty sure starship fantasy has golds in stock.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 89.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 32.00
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 0.10
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pinball Stuff
    $ 275.00
    $ 39.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 20.00
    Various Novelties
    GC Pinball
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 79.99
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 5,899.00
    Pinball Machine
    Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
    $ 65.00
    Texas Pinball
    $ 4.49
    Electronics
    Yorktown Arcade Supply
    Playfield - Plastics
    Ramp-O-Matic
    $ 69.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Hookedonpinball.com
    $ 6.50
    Electronics
    Yorktown Arcade Supply
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 12.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Meph's Mods
    $ 35.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    CzTV Mods
    Apparel - Unisex
    Pinball Wheezer
    $ 79.99
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 29.95
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 28.00
    Playfield - Other
    Pin Monk
    $ 89.00
    Cabinet Parts
    Pappy's Pinball Palace
    Apparel - Men
    Pinside Shop
    $ 5,899.99
    Pinball Machine
    Music City Pinball
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 45.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Hookedonpinball.com
    $ 7,399.00
    Pinball Machine
    Nitro Pinball Shop
    $ 249.99
    Great American Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside