Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 78 posts
  • 44 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by mof
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

wizard-of-oz-munchkins.jpg
    hat TRON.jpg
    There are 78 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 10 years ago

Thank you Markmon for always helping me with my pins even if it's in the wee hours of the morning.
    I really appreciate all the help!

4 months later
    #52 9 years ago

Great day. I'm feeling grateful to be an American, and to have beautiful public holiday today...
    I just put in a rare 3-day weekend of blissful and successful pinball restoration, and I had to give a shout out to a few individuals who were overly generous with their time and energy in 2014 to helping me to enjoy this great hobby...

blownfuse: Thanks again for all the help in getting my Black Hole working like a well-oiled machine (without using oil !)

freeplay40: Thanks for making not one but TWO ramps that I REALLY needed, and for encouraging me to become a Molex-Master.

"Girlfriend of mof": Thanks for being patient with my love for this hobby and trusting I'd balance our time better this year.

-mof

2 months later
    #53 9 years ago

It's that time of year to take another look at the abundant generosity found among the people in this hobby. Is there anyone you want to thank, or any shout outs you have? Dig deep, and toss a mention !

-mof

#54 9 years ago

Thanks again to NJGecko for all his help. Happy Thanksgiving!

#55 9 years ago

Special shout outs to Pdxmonkey and Helicopter for help with improving my collection this year.

Thanks fellas!
    -mof

#56 9 years ago

These guys always save the day...

Viper
    LTG
    Vid

#57 9 years ago

Anytime bro, thanks for sweetening the deal on my end too
    Pictures coming tomorrow

#58 9 years ago

Thanks Centerflank for helping pick up Trilogy Brewing co from bangerjay's this past weekend . And for borrowing me the stapler and your ultrasonic cleaner .

#59 9 years ago

Saford came back to the site after months of inactivity to help me with my Breakshot. Thanks buddy.

#60 9 years ago

I would like to say thanks to Pauz21 for providing help with GL. Even though he no longer has the game in his lineup he was still willing to assist me with a part for mine. That is so cool.

#61 9 years ago

Rickwh - Made an aweosme MET air-ball deflector plastic available to the pinside community for nearly no cost.
    Turboderf - Made goalie plastics for WCS in exchange for a pinside donation.
    Tsskinne - Tommy has gone over and above for me and many other collectors. A real great guy and an asset to the pinball community.
    aalucero - used his printing shop to make me a sign for my arcade at a really good 'pinsider discount' price.

#62 9 years ago

Thanks to all the awesome pinsiders that are always willing to help out with tech, restoration, and trouble shooting.

Thanks to everyine that helps make MadRollinPinball annual charity event a big hit. Guys like Centerflank, RanHorton, Tullster, Trilogy, GeneO, Kinpin, etc... You guys rock!

Thanks to locals for making an amazing local community. We now have 3 competitive leagues in WI, a cash league, 2 monthlies in Madison, 2 monthlies in MKE?, quite a few big tourneys, plus tons of parties and pinball events.

Thanks to Dan for making MGC happen. It is my favorite event of the entire year and I am looking forward to it already.

Thanks to Rob at LockwhenLit for teaching me lots of board stuff and helping a dummy to finally understand a few things to not be completely scared of boardwork.

Thanks to Ralphwiggum for making the local WIpinball forum for us locals to talk, trade stories, and razz each other. It has been a great central location for all things WI pinball related.

Thanks to the Godfather for really being the start of all things competitive in WI for pinball. He continues to run one of the best events around and Waunabowl is just around the corner.

Lots to be thankful for.

#63 9 years ago

I couldn't agree more. Thank you Dan for all you've done over the years.

I just booked my room this morning. That's how great the MGC is!!

Quoted from Whysnow:

Thanks to Dan for making MGC happen. It is my favorite event of the entire year and I am looking forward to it already.

#64 9 years ago

And thanks to all who bring pins to shows!

#65 9 years ago

I am thankful for Pin-a-go-go and the whole dedicated crew that allows it to exist. Also thankful to my wife for letting me have an indoor space to hold up to and absolutely no more then 5 pins (she is very firm on this, lol). I am also thankful for all the new friends I have made over the last year and how giving this community is in their time and knowledge.

7 months later
    #66 8 years ago

You know how sometimes you just say, "F it, I'm gonna stop working on this pin, and just play all my pins..." and you turn up the music, dim the lights, turn 'em all on -- and make your way around the room, playing 'em one by one, remembering "why" you fell in love with each one all over again?

I've been struggling lately by putting too much energy into trying to figure out HOW I'm going to acquire my "next grail" and in all fairness, I haven't been balancing that energy with appreciating what I have. The best way to appreciate what you have is to PLAY your pins and re-awaken the love affair with each one. I've been out of balance. It's good to have goals, but it's equally important to appreciate and re-appreciate what you have. Do both.

I'm going to bed tonight feeling blessed with how fortunate I am to have this generous Pinside community to help me keep all these pins mostly in solid working condition, and the many friends who've helped me put this really fun collection together.

Looking forward to making more friends this year...

Thank you again!
    -mof

#67 8 years ago

My gratitude goes out to Keith, Hilton, Kim, and anyone else involved with bringing Kevin Kulek to justice. Really is an amazing effort and seems to be bringing some much-needed legal punishment his way. The end of the tunnel seems closer and closer every day for anyone unfortunate enough to be snared up in this horrible scandal.

#68 8 years ago
    Quoted from mof:

I've been out of balance. It's good to have goals, but it's equally important to appreciate and re-appreciate what you have. Do both.

I understand perfectly. It is so easy to take for granted what you already have.

Nothing reawakens my appreciation for a pin as much as introducing it to someone else. If I couldn't do that, I think my interest would wane considerably. We had about 150 people over to the house last year to play the pins. I haven't been able to do as much in 2015, but I am looking to have a few groups over in the next three months. I also got some neighbors involved with their first pin a couple of weeks ago. That keeps things alive for me and helps me to appreciate the wonderful collection I already have.

#69 8 years ago
    Quoted from Craig:

We had about 150 people over to the house last year to play the pins.

Wow. All at once?
    -mof

#70 8 years ago

That would be a crowd! No, usually in teens and twenties.

#71 8 years ago

Chuckwurt
    For his generosity in helping me complete my Big Game
    For enjoying that game as much as I do
    And for the long distance tournaments we have from time to time (along with Red Ketchup)

#72 8 years ago

My gratitude to all for the friendship, knowledge, and the continued joy of
    my lifetime hobby now close to 50 years.
    I am grateful for the business extended
    by everyone which has allowed me to extend my dream and contribute in some way. ( I didn't get the career I wanted as a game designer).
    With that my families thanks for the good things its done for my health,
    and the extra needed for health insurance and medical bills.

It is to the whole pinside community,
    I say, "Thank You!"

Art

#73 8 years ago

My gratitude to all Pinsiders.

French native, i'm often in difficulties between the expressions you use and that i don''t understand in your posts .

But i have the feeling to be in family , 3, 6, 10 times per day with Pinside .

Thanks to all for parts, deals , messages and information !

Lionel

#74 8 years ago

the people and the information within this database are all invaluable.

best website.....ever.

#75 8 years ago

I am thankful for Pinside getting me in touch with the seller of a beautiful SIGNED translite from the entire cast of Star Wars on my DE pin. Only $5500!

Seriously though, way too many to thank out there. The ones who take the time to answer my questions, even if its something stupid I forgot to check, thanks for finding games and buyers for my games, and thanks to the friends I've made.

4 months later
    #76 8 years ago

I just took a 3 week break from my pinball obsession.

Just now, I went into the game room, and played a game or three on every machine. I loved every single one. Didn't feel like tossing any to the curb.

I was reminded by all the love that went into these machines: first -- the find -- the acquisition -- the journey into my home, and all the generosity involved in helping me make them play really well.

I gotta thank the 29 heroes again in the OP that helped me put this collection together, and the dozens of Pinsiders that helped along the way.

Thank you.
    Thank you.
    Thank you.

-mof

#77 8 years ago

thanks to Boo32 for being a stand up guy! He knows why.

Thank you!

Chris

1 month later
    #78 8 years ago

So I walk in my garage, and play a walk-off game of Black Hole, I achieve TWO multiballs and ONE extra ball. 600K or so.

I just gotta thank blownfuse again for all the help in setting up that gem. Such a great game. So grateful for the time people have invested to helping set up this collection.

-mof

There are 78 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/thread-of-pinsider-gratitude/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.