Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 78 posts
  • 44 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by mof
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

wizard-of-oz-munchkins.jpg
    hat TRON.jpg

There are 78 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 10 years ago

It's always a good time to practice thankfulness and gratitude.
    Regarding the people of Pinside...
    Who are you thankful for?
    Has anyone on Pinside made a difference in your life?
    Let us hear about it!
    -mof

#2 10 years ago

After my first year in the hobby, I've been completely blown away by the overall kindness, honesty and generosity in the average Pinsider. I don't just mean my local Nor Cal people -- I mean from all across the US and elsewhere. All I had to do was review my pinside mail from the last year, and the amount of help is astonishing.

People who gave hours of their Diagnostic time to help me out of the mud, when I hopelessly couldn't get a game working...

72Devilz
    Scasey
    Vid1900
    Blownfuse
    Terryb
    Highspeed1
    Freeplay40
    Cheddar

People whose Restoration work I watched, who inspired me to keep tweaking and upgrading my machines:

NJGecko
    Whridlsoncestood
    Pinballmiked

People who went the extra mile to make/find that random Part to help finish off a game:

BDAWG
    CadillacMusic
    Cliffy
    Big_Bob
    RustyLizard
    JohnGreatwich

People who helped me Acquire a new pin that I wanted so badly for my 1980's collection.

Fast-Ed
    Fitzpatricksrus
    Helicopter
    Iamnan
    Jabbles1800
    Nexyss
    Out-west
    Pdxmonkey
    Pinballholder
    Pinhacks
    Pinwillie
    Pinballrus
    Practicalsteve
    Spybryon
    Steve-in-escalon
    Toddsolus
    Zeddex

Without every single one of those 34 people (above), I would not be coming home to a working collection of pins that make me smile every day. It took a team of generous people to get it all done.

Then there's another dozen or more people that wrote careful suggestions, looked things up on the internet, took pictures of their wiring, or other generous nudges that helped me get out of sticky situations...

More heroes to come...

Thank you!

-mof

#4 10 years ago

I would like to thank "robertmee" again for helping me fix my friends TFTC. He posted a whole bunch of ideas, and followed along as we did the troubleshooting until eventually we figured it out. Much appreciated!!

#5 10 years ago

"Robin" For making Pinside
    "Vid1900" For guides
    "Cliffy" For great products

And many more ....

#6 10 years ago

Oh man....no matter how many I would name, I know I will forget someone. But here it goes:

1) Robin - without Robin, there would be no Pinside.
    2) LTG - not just for pinside, but for EVERYTHING he has done for me over the years.
    3) Ivan - he runs the Allentown show.
    4) yfz450 - for helping me fix Monopoly.
    5) Frax - for sending me some nice promo plastics for no reason.
    6) Gweempose - for assisting me with targets for my Airborne.
    7) to EVERYONE that posts helpful advice here. I have gained more knowledge here than any other forum.
    8) Everyone that helped get me through my trials last year.
    9) EagleTG for being a great friend and asset to my games.

Chris

#7 10 years ago

I also want to thank the dozens of people who uploaded movies to youtube of just playing their pins. Even some of the "reviewers" like TNT and GRC. They indirectly helped me decide what pins I wanted and didn't want in my collection...

If you haven't uploaded a movie of your best pin in action, consider it, and make it fun. You may help a few people decide on that pin or not for their collection.

Go upload a movie playing your favorite pin !

-mof

#8 10 years ago

Thanks to Stern and JJP for making great pinballs for us to play. And thanks to all the modders and parts suppliers for keeping our games working and making them look better. Thanks for pinball!

#9 10 years ago

Nimblepin. He brought a large bottle of Jack Daniels over last Saturday because I was all out. Thank you Pinside, thank you lord. But most of all, thank you Nimblepin.

Sufsidedetail. He has helped feed my pinball habit. Thank you Surfside.

And all the guys at EM hangout. You guys are great.

Happy holidays all!

#10 10 years ago

I would like to thank Robin and our moderators for making Pinside an awesome hangout.

#11 10 years ago

I'd like to thank the following site for giving me an Aneurysm...... Pinside

#12 10 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I'd like to thank the following site for giving me an Aneurysm...... Pinside

Thumbs up for spelling Aneurysm correctly!

Chris

#13 10 years ago

I'd like to thank you all for keeping me up late looking at almost every thread learning all I can about pinball and the people in the hobby.

#14 10 years ago

Thanks to everyone on Pinside that helps out, posts videos, gives helpful information, and makes Pinball fun. I couldn't have gotten to be the "not even close to an expert but decently proficient" pin owner that I am now without the information, support, and help you all have given. I have a pin-crazy husband and parents, but nobody else understands the aspect of the hobby like you all do. I love having a place to post and share pictures of my silly family tournaments and game room upgrades.

Thanks to Fatsquatch for being a great local Pinsider who has let us call dibbs on his collection, given me first shot at machines for sale, held games for my family when I was out of town before even meeting me, helped us move 3 machines to 2 houses, and entrusted us with his beloved Pinball Magic. He's always there to answer a quick question or swap smart-ass comments.

A big thanks to jruddr for seeing a comment that I wanted a NGG, offering me his gorgeous one for a very reasonable price, and being a completely honest and great seller. A big thanks to Pinballwiz for being a super honest seller, great with communication, and very helpful in moving a very heavy Stargate around his sloped yard and getting it safely into our vehicle. Thanks to Dale/rlevin for doing me a great deal on a very smoked up fire-damaged Spiderman that not only turned out gorgeous, but gave me experience with my first true shop job and the confidence to take on shopping out my other pins. SoCalPinball also was a big help in starting it all by selling me my first pin, JP. The eBay transaction went so smoothly and he gave us such great sales support that we ended up getting 2 more pins shipped across the country from him.

Without the above guys, my collection wouldn't be nearly as big. But it is my awesome parents that also helped make it a possibility by helping pay for most of the machines we've gotten in the last 1.5 years. They're already planning to go to the Atlanta Pin Swap and possibly IAAPA/Free Play next year, because we're officially a "pinball family" now.

Thanks to Oldpinguy for inviting me into his house while I was on vacation, showing me his shop of wonders (LEDs and jewelry, oh my!) and entrusting me as a bulb tester/guinea pig. He's always quick to answer any bulb or game questions I have, and the husband and I are sad he (and his extensive yet cheap pinball access in Florida) is a 10 hour drive away.

Thanks to Robin for somehow entrusting a newbie girl with being a moderator. And to all you guys (and gals!) for making me feel welcome in this fun (and sometimes dysfunctional ) forum.

#15 10 years ago

Too many awesome folk on here to name them all. Thanks for everything!

#16 10 years ago

Too many to really say thanks for.

Thanks to ALL of the WI and IL and IA and MN and MO and MI (just too many of you to list but you all know who you are) guys that make the local community so rich and vibrant. Just over 2 years in this hobby and I have made so many genuine friends that it is simply amazing.

I mean this from the bottom of my heart that I feel very grateful for knowing all of you (even if opinions do not always jive or you beat me on a good deal or you never sell me a pin I call 'dibs' on).

I feel very lucky to be part of a hobby where by and large we are all nerds that look out for each other and completely geek out over big mechanical art toys.

You are all very fun and entertaining group of good people. Next shot is on me >> 'I love you man"

Also a huge thanks to all the specific people that are involved with MadRollinPinball every year! Those that bring your awesome and unique games, come lend a hand, fly in from far away places (lou), and play in the event.

#17 10 years ago
    Quoted from Silverballer:

I would like to thank Robin and our moderators for making Pinside an awesome hangout.

What he said.

And all the people who have helped make, play and maintain pinball machines.

And my Mum.
    And my Dad for his loose change in the early days.

#18 10 years ago

Thanks to all

#19 10 years ago

I would also like to give a special thanks to vid, Lloyd, and all the other experts on here that share their knowledge selflessly. They have made all our lives a little easier.

#20 10 years ago

Almost a full year on this site and am very thankfull for all the great pinsiders, especially tulster for helping me get WCS in shape for Mad Rollin.

Quoted from Whysnow:

Thanks to ALL of the WI and IL and IA and MN and MO and MI (just too many of you to list but you all know who you are) guys that make the local community so rich and vibrant.

+1

And thanks to all the former strangers who opened up there collections to share with a pipnhead who had been out of the hobby for WAY to long. Special thanks on this one to: epthegeek, ralpwiggum, CaptainNeo, TomGWI, centerflank, Methos, trilogybeer, and anyone else I forgot!

#21 10 years ago

I'm thankful for the following Cali Pinsiders:

O-din
    NimblePin
    smassa
    Profgrif
    UCSBrandon
    RobT
    rvdv
    Fattrain
    Pinwillie
    TheDudeAbides
    sk8ball aka KME

And for those other Pinsiders I missed, you're welcome to come on over to my place.

Robin, thank you for making the best pinball website ever.

I'm also thankful for my family, friends, my job, and most importantly: God.

#22 10 years ago

I'm thankful for Pinside because it opened up a whole new world for me. I have met so many great in my city, its wonderful!

#23 10 years ago

Thanks to ALL on pinside, those who have helped me with tech problems, and those who have just been willing to talk pinball.

#24 10 years ago
    Quoted from PinballKen:

Almost a full year on this site and am very thankfull for all the great pinsiders, especially tulster for helping me get WCS in shape for Mad Rollin.

+1
    And thanks to all the former strangers who opened up there collections to share with a pipnhead who had been out of the hobby for WAY to long. Special thanks on this one to: epthegeek, ralpwiggum, CaptainNeo, TomGWI, centerflank, Methos, trilogybeer, and anyone else I forgot!

Yay! I get an honorable mention. And thank you Ken for coming over and eating my food and drinks.

#25 10 years ago

I'de like to thank everyone here who has pointed me in the right direction when my noob ass keeps asking about various issues.

Thank you all!

#26 10 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Yay! I get an honorable mention. And thank you Ken for coming over and eating my food and drinks.

The guy quotes my post and I did not even get an honorable mention for driving his ass to/from MKE. He must still be bitter that he sucked it up in that event

#27 10 years ago

I would like to thank everyone on this board who posts things that make me laugh (intentionally or otherwise) and John Borg for making the best pin ever.

hat TRON.jpghat TRON.jpg
    #28 10 years ago
    Quoted from Erik:

and John Borg for making the best pin ever.

Twister?

#29 10 years ago

Thanks to Robin for the site.
    Thanks to the Moderators for keeping it cool.
    Thanks to the Jersey Gang for the nifty parties.
    Thanks to NJGecko for all the kind help.
    Thanks to ALL the Pinball Makers for the hard work and giving us something to spend our money on besides booze, cigars, drugs, hookers and rock n' roll.

#30 10 years ago

I want to thank all the great Pinsiders that make this hobby so great and fun. After being in the hobby for only a year I found a place whose people offer great information, ideas and suggestions. Thanks Pinside.

#31 10 years ago
    Quoted from Double_D:

I want to thank all the great Pinsiders that make this hobby so great and fun. After being in the hobby for only a year I found a place whose people offer great information, ideas and suggestions. Thanks Pinside.

DoubleD what do you do in Greenfield?

I ahve been there for work and not much in that town...

#32 10 years ago

I want to thank The Academy and everyone who makes this site possible.
    You know who you are.
    I would also like to thank the little people.

wizard-of-oz-munchkins.jpgwizard-of-oz-munchkins.jpg

#33 10 years ago

I want to thank lostlumberjacks for the free Cyclone decals. AND shipped them at no cost to me. That's being awfully nice. THANKS AGAIN

#34 10 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

DoubleD what do you do in Greenfield?
    I ahve been there for work and not much in that town...

Hi Snow. I just returned from Plymouth MN after 9 weeks.
    You're right, it's not a big town. One of the reasons I got into this hobby. I refer to it as a bedroom community of Indy since we're less than 30 min from downtown.
    I'm currently retired but do odd transportation jobs for my old employer, Novelty Inc.

1 week later
    #35 10 years ago

'Tis the season to express thanks and gratitude -- any awesome Pinsiders make your day recently?
    -mof

1 month later
    #36 10 years ago

A big thank you to Barry Oursler for designing five pins I just had to have in my Collection:

Barracora
    Cyclone
    Grand Lizard
    Space Shuttle
    Space Station

-mof

#37 10 years ago
    Quoted from mof:

A big thank you to Barry Oursler for designing five pins I just had to have in my Collection:
    Barracora
    Cyclone
    Grand Lizard
    Space Shuttle
    Space Station

Not a Junk Yard fan?

#38 10 years ago

Vid & Lloyd, You guys are awesome!! thanks for all you do and thanks for sharing your knowledge with people like me who have much to learn.

Robin thank you for this site and always being the voice of reason

The mods thanks guys I think you do a great job.....I know the pay sucks and the hours are long

Cliffy keep doing what you do (your the man)

JPOP thanks for the burning the midnight oil and never settling for anything less than spectacular

Jersey Jack you are a "mench" just an all around good guy... I have enjoyed the few conversations I have had with you...

Zdoor (Gio).. Thanks again man! the game I bought from you made my pinball year!

Bcrage 88.. Derek thanks for you efforts you have certainly earned some good pinball karma in my book

PDXmonkey, Zippy, Ketch, and Markmon I am glad to have good people like yourselves within driving distance of me

Jim McCune... just well wishes for the man with a gruff exterior but we all know he has a heart of gold! I enjoyed all of our WOZ tit for tats I hope to see you back on Pinside soon you are missed! God bless you and your family my friend.

#39 10 years ago

Big thanks to all who gave me support when my son died last year, especially Craig Hill.

#40 10 years ago

Astropin, for helping me snag and move many pins.
    RonB, for being my pinball playing drinking buddy on a few late nights.
    LostLumberJacks for being my pinball 'dealer'.
    Tsskinne, for being an awesome guy and offering his help to secure pins he knows I want.

Lots of other great folks here, too...

#41 10 years ago

Thanks to Greg (NYGecko) and the rest of the Jersey Boyz for the great parties and Pinball Help!

#42 10 years ago

Thanks to williams for hauling off a playfield and prostock32 for hauling off a cabinet for me. Otherwise they would go in the dumpster. The playfield will serve as practice for his restoration skills and the cabinet will be restored for building a virtual pin.

#43 10 years ago

Thank you to PennSkier for his generous invitations to come over and play WOZ and his other machines.

Some day we'll be actually able to work somethign out, LOL

CHris

#44 10 years ago

Thank you Jack for what you've done for Pinball.
    Thank you Rick for what you're about to do for Pinball.
    Thank you Kevin for the fun ride.
    Thank you Cliffy for protecting Pinball.
    Thank you Robin for getting us all together.

#45 10 years ago

BangerJay for the olympics stuff and making pinball fun and dangerous .
    Scott Danesi for being awesome and at times super awesome .
    Centaurflank for the laughs .

2 weeks later
    #46 10 years ago
    Quoted from Don44:

Big thanks to all who gave me support when my son died last year, especially Craig Hill.

This is still my favorite and one of the most heartwarming acts of gratitude i have ever been a part of.
    Hang in there Don!! Tommy will never be forgotten

1 month later
    #47 9 years ago

I just wanted to thank the community for all the support. Every time one of my beloved machines goes belly-up, within minutes, several good people have chimed in to help. It's such a good feeling to know countless people I'll never meet in person have my back and want to see me succeed in restoring and maintaining American historical treasures.

I'm so thankful to be involved in a hobby where the emphasis is on everyone succeeding together. We get those beaters out of basement, garages and barns, and make 'em shine again. We're one big world-wide rescue network.

Thank you for every person you help in or outside of pinball...
    -mof

#48 9 years ago
    Quoted from mof:

I just wanted to thank the community for all the support. Every time one of my beloved machines goes belly-up, within minutes, several good people have chimed in to help. It's such a good feeling to know countless people I'll never met in person have my back and want to see me succeed in restoring and maintaining American historical treasures.
    I'm so thankful to be involved in a hobby where the emphasis is on everyone succeeding together. We get those beaters out of basement, garages and barns, and make 'em shine again. We're one big world-wide rescue network.
    Thank you for every person you help in or outside of pinball...
    -mof

Not sure how I missed this thread before. Glad to see my name in your list and extra happy that glass made it there in one piece. Still remember where I was driving when we had our phone conversation. Nice thread. I need to get back to my project so I can't so such a well thought out list right now but I am thankful for Pinsider Pinwho who occasionally posts a game for sale on here. He passes some nice pins to me at and has helped make my collection as nice as it is. Also all the WI/MN guys.

#49 9 years ago
    Quoted from RustyLizard:

Not sure how I missed this thread before. Glad to see my name in your list and extra happy that glass made it there in one piece. Still remember where I was driving when we had our phone conversation. Nice thread. I need to get back to my project so I can't so such a well thought out list right now but I am thankful for Pinsider Pinwho who occasionally posts a game for sale on here. He passes some nice pins to me at and has helped make my collection as nice as it is. Also all the WI/MN guys.

That nicer glass makes me happy every time I walk by. Even friends mention it. I had to stare at bubbling for almost a year, and I guess it wore on me...

It's like that scar that once bugged you, that has now healed up. You are in awe every time the marks you remember, are no longer there.

-mof

#50 9 years ago

Thanks to JeffHecht for sharing his art files so I could make my own Time Warp translite.
    Thanks to Underspin for posting the idea of how to do it.

There are 78 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/thread-of-pinsider-gratitude/ and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.