10 months ago

Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 months ago by chad
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

pasted_image (resized).png

#1 10 months ago

Like the new update from this morning a lot, but something immediately jumped out.

The gold highlighting of a thread you click on is staying if you read the thread and click the back button in the browser. This is on the latest Chrome. I didn't test on any other browsers.

Also, the gold is pretty harsh, can you turn the tone down on it a little?

pasted_image (resized).png
    #2 10 months ago

Does it in IOS too. It’s more of an orange.

#3 10 months ago

Also in iOS, I was on page 2 near the bottom. I scrolled to the top and pressed the forum link in the banner. Previously it would reload the 1st page, but today it reloaded me to the 2nd page where I was reading last.

#4 10 months ago

Yes a bit bright.

#5 10 months ago

Thanks for the feedback!

The big update that I have been working on for the past 12(!) months has finished phase 1: A complete forum backend code rewrite. It has been tested extensively for a few months and should be 99% solid, but I will continue to monitor everything to make sure all new code behaves properly. So bear with me as some bugs might come to the surface in the coming days

As for the gold bar. This is intended as a bookmarker, helping you keep track where you were. This also has to do with the upcoming Grid View front page (update phase 2, coming soon). The gold color is picked from the Pinside yellow (from the new logo!). I just toned it down a notch

Quoted from Luckydogg420:

Also in iOS, I was on page 2 near the bottom. I scrolled to the top and pressed the forum link in the banner. Previously it would reload the 1st page, but today it reloaded me to the 2nd page where I was reading last.

I forgot to push a small last-minute bugfix that I did at home late last night. Should be fixed now!

It will 'remember' your position (last page/topic visited) for 10 minutes, or until you do a page refresh.

#6 10 months ago

My only wish is that we could move pictures around (order) once we've uploaded them.

#7 10 months ago
    Quoted from robin:

I forgot to push a small last-minute bugfix that I did at home late last night. Should be fixed now!

Works now, thanks.

I like the new look so far.

#8 10 months ago
    Quoted from gmkalos:

My only wish is that we could move pictures around (order) once we've uploaded them.

This is a planned feature! However, you will be happy to hear that images are now sorted alphabetically when uploaded. This essentially means images will now upload in order of how you took them (assuming your camera named chronologically).

#9 10 months ago

Robin,
    Thanks for the update. I started the Hardtop thread with the new poll changes. So far it is great.

#10 10 months ago
    Quoted from robin:

This is a planned feature! However, you will be happy to hear that images are now sorted alphabetically when uploaded. This essentially means images will now upload in order of how you took them (assuming your camera named chronologically).

Cool we really need order control man, I was wondering why my advert images were all jumbled up on my advert just now. lol But the organizing them by picture name is going to be nuts man, my camera labels everything 1-100 each day, and I use multiple pics from multiple days.

#11 10 months ago

One thing I do see is when you goto posts, then all posts made by you, I cannt get to the next page . Clicking next or 2, 3, etc does nothing. Signed out and rebooted but no dice.

#12 10 months ago
    Quoted from chad:

One thing I do see is when you goto posts, then all posts made by you, I cannt get to the next page . Clicking next or 2, 3, etc does nothing. Signed out and rebooted but no dice.

You're right. I'll take a look what's going wrong.

Edit: Fixed

#13 10 months ago

Thanks Robin. I do like the highlight, you do not lose your place.

#14 10 months ago
    Quoted from chad:

Works good now.!!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 6.00
    Electronics
    German-Pinball-Modular
    $ 14.99
    Hardware
    Chroma Pinball
    $ 18.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 39.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 98.00
    Playfield - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 99.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 115.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 249.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Tilttopper
    $ 329.00
    Displays
    Boston Pinball Company
    $ 129.95
    Lighting - Interactive
    Hookedonpinball.com
    $ 218.00
    $ 199.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 10.00
    Apparel - Unisex
    Lee's Parts
    € 8.10
    Flipper Parts
    Buthamburg
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 149.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 144.00
    Lighting - Backbox
    The MOD Couple
    $ 89.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside