By Guzz4851

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 1 post
  • 1 Pinsider participating
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1179 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1178 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1177 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider guzz4851.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

Hello Pinside metal fans/supporters,

I am spreading the word about a newer band called Nuclear Winter. Two band members are from the Buffalo NY area and the other two are from Rochester NY. They play most of their shows in those cities but are looking to soon expand. I have been to many of their shows and they rock the place!

I personally know the lead guitarist Joe. He was often outcast in school because of the way he looked and his liking of metal music. I was able to connect with him (I am a metal fan) and his self-confidence improved. He would show me his guitars and would play them for me and others. His parents would make me CD's from when he was young and every year I would be able to see/hear how he was improving on the guitar. Truly a remarkable young man and I am blessed to be part of his life and support him in his music career. I am extremely proud of him and his band as they have come so far...and believe it or not Joe is only in high school! You would never know by looking but Joe is on the National Honor Society in school! He is top of his class! As the old adage goes, "Don't judge a book by its cover". That is part of the message I would often share with him and he has truly learned to be himself and not worry about what others think. So proud.

Feel free to comment/bump this tread to allow as many people to see it. Follow them on Facebook and increase their followers! It would mean a lot to the band. Please, no negative comments here. I am just spreading some good news for the band. If you aren't a fan of the music, no problem. This is for those who are into thrash metal. Here is a snip from their Facebook page:

Loud, heavy, fast, and aggressive. Whether you like the fast thrashing of Slayer, the technicality of Megadeth, or even the doom vibes of Black Sabbath, Nuclear Winter has something for everyone to bang their head to.

Current Location:
    Buffalo, NY

Influences:
    -Megadeth
    -Anthrax
    -Slayer
    -Metallica
    -Overkill
    -Testament
    -Exodus
    -Pantera

And many more.

Check out this link - this is their debut single called "Him". It was recorded in studio in Rochester, NY and will be one of the songs on their first studio recorded and released album hopefully this May. It is available free here from this link. They are also on Spotify, Google Play and Itunes.

https://nuclearwinterny.bandcamp.com/releases

Here is the link to their Facebook page. There you will be able to watch a video of another one of their songs called "Judgement Day". This will also be included on their 1st album. This was performed for the first time this past weekend.

https://www.facebook.com/pg/NuclearWinterNY/about/?ref=page_internal

Nuclear Winter was featured in various local Metal articles as well as a compilation CD with other metal bands from Rochester, NY. The pictures below are of the compilation CD and cover art for the song "Him". Yes the band signed the CD at the last show!

This post is for anyone interested. If you like it, then follow it. If not, then move on. This thread is not a critique thread but more of an awareness thread. Thank you to all as I know the band truly appreciates the support! If anyone is in the Buffalo area come May 12th, I'll be at Nuclear Bash 2018 where this band will be headlining! Watch Facebook for more details and more shows/videos that they do! Thank you for your support!

IMG_1177 (resized).jpgIMG_1177 (resized).jpg

IMG_1178 (resized).jpgIMG_1178 (resized).jpg

IMG_1179 (resized).jpgIMG_1179 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider guzz4851.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/thrash-metal-fans-support-nuclear-winter-buffalorochester-ny?tu=guzz4851 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.