(Topic ID: 227015)

THOUSANDS of NIB pinball machines being produced......

By iceman44

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 116 posts
  • 54 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by frolic
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

noone (resized).jpg
    henrylaugh (resized).jpg
    DSCN6014 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jodyg.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#39 5 years ago

I see the $4k-$6k used games taking the biggest hit in value due to market saturation. It is hard for someone to want to drop $4600 on a Stern POTC or even something like WH20/NGG when you can get a couple year old used Walking Dead, Ghostbusters, Metallica, etc for about the same money. 2 years from now, the 20+ NIB games available today will be even more prevalent in the used market, pushing top tier "Stern Pro" level used stuff even lower. I see the pricing of $1.5k to $2.5k B, C and D list games as the safer place the next couple years, because that price range is a lot more attainable for the large number of new people getting into the hobby.

#44 5 years ago

I think in a year or two, the LCD screen games are going to cool off the prices a bit on some later DMD games as well.

The market for cheaper games is really hot at the moment, and I think it can sustain itself going forward. There were only 1 or 2 System 80B machines at Allentown this year on Friday out of hundreds of machines on the floor, and I am not sure they were even for sale. I don't see System 11 games coming down in price at all going forward. When someone new comes into the hobby, one of the first things they hear about is how great system 11 games are compared to the other games of the same era. My hunch is that pre-alpha numeric solid state games have the best chance of regressing in price going forward...and even that isn't a sure thing.

#51 5 years ago
    Quoted from taylor34:

I think they're selling way more than that mainly because of the new location. They could build 32 games a day at the old location, that's 8000 a year. There's no reason to move to a location where they can do 75 unless they're selling more than that. Yeah, I couldn't believe they were selling that many either but they must be, otherwise the move wouldn't make any sense. I'm sure someone could do some serial number research and figure out some rough numbers.

Is Stern still assembling machines for Chicago Gaming?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jodyg.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/thousands-of-nib-pinball-machines-being-produced?tu=jodyg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.