(Topic ID: 227015)

THOUSANDS of NIB pinball machines being produced......

By iceman44

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 116 posts
  • 54 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by frolic
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

noone (resized).jpg
    henrylaugh (resized).jpg
    DSCN6014 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Whysnow.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#40 5 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

If you figure Stern did 10,000 pins last year and 12,000 this year,

Fun topic, but before we even get going, I gotta know where you pulled these numbers from?

You are no longer drunk Ice, you are high as a kite

Please post up where you get 10,000 in 2017 and 12,000 in 2018 for Stern production.

By all estimates cutting those numbers in half would be generous.

2018 blockbuster game was Iron Maiden and it likely sold 1200 to at the very most 2000 (that is very generous)
    Deadpool appears to be selling very poorly and may only hit 500-800
    Supreme was 200
    GOTG split in 2017/18 year and is likely 800-1000
    SW was another big seller and likely came in around 1200-1500 units
    Aero rounds out 2017 with 800-1000

By all accounts a normal selling title is 800-1000 units
    A blockbuster is 1500-2000 units.

Stern likely did at max 5,000 games in 2017 and may do 6,000 games in 2018

That is 36-40,000,000 gross which is still a crap ton of money, but about half your original estimate.

#42 5 years ago
    Quoted from Luckydogg420:

These old B, C, and D list games are going to drop in price because the newer machines hitting the used market will look more attractive comparatively.

I agree with everything except this part. For the most part, I dont think we are going to see older games all of a sudden dropping off.

I dont care if some crappy HUO Stern pro now sells for $3500. That does not mean the limited supply of older games (even the C and D listers) are dropping.

I think we are already seeing the hits on the high end, but partly that is because almost every new Stern is pretty similar to the other and the secondary hits come in order to get those games sold.

The older stuff has found its way into more permanent collections and things settle. With the boom of new collectors in the past 10 years, those B/W C and D listers are still more desirable than the 12th Stern pro HUO game to round out the field.

#50 5 years ago
    Quoted from taylor34:

I think they're selling way more than that mainly because of the new location. They could build 32 games a day at the old location, that's 8000 a year. There's no reason to move to a location where they can do 75 unless they're selling more than that. Yeah, I couldn't believe they were selling that many either but they must be, otherwise the move wouldn't make any sense. I'm sure someone could do some serial number research and figure out some rough numbers.

The problem being is that you assume they are building every day. Even with the ability to build 50 (more accurately the claim that they can) per day at the new facility they are likely averaging 150-200 games per week. Total yearly capacity is likely 8000-12000 games.

Old facility 'could' do 32 in a day but likely averaged 100-120 a week; 5000-6000 a year.

#60 5 years ago
    Quoted from jwilson:

As hobbyists, we need to worry about parts availability, not NIB games.

very good point and oddly the largest manufacturer also has the least parts availability.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Whysnow.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/thousands-of-nib-pinball-machines-being-produced?tu=Whysnow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.