Topic Stats

• 78 posts
  • 42 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by emkay
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 11 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

confetti_sopranos.jpg
image_4.jpeg
image_3.jpeg
image_2.jpeg
image_1.jpeg
image.jpeg
image_4.jpeg
image_3.jpeg
image_2.jpeg
image_1.jpeg
image.jpeg

There are 78 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 3 years ago

Had this game for over 10 years. All original cabinet and playfield. Cabinet has minimal to no fade and playfield is very respectable except dimpling. All stainless is polished and full LEDs.

Goodie bag still stapled in with matching board. I play it but my tastes have grown to the newer games

What to you guys think. If I would was thinking around 7800

Should I pull the trigger

image.jpeg
image_1.jpeg
image_2.jpeg
image_3.jpeg
image_4.jpeg

#2 3 years ago

Keep your money - at least for now. I'd wait til they're pretty far into the production run and you have a better idea about the staying power of TH. AFM is also a classic and you have to take that into consideration. If you let go of it and regret it, you're going to have a hard time getting another one in that condition without paying through the nose.

#3 3 years ago

Well...I sold my Hobbit position to fund AFM, sort of. So you can be the yin to my yang.

Oh...that sounded dirty.

I think AFM is the far superior game in gameplay (so far). The Hobbit is far superior than everything else in looks and display.

#4 3 years ago

If you can find someone willing to spend $7800 for your AFM do it. Why not? That feels pretty high to me, but who knows, can't hurt to ask.

#5 3 years ago

Wait until the Hobbit is out and you get to play it to decide what to do.

#6 3 years ago

If you've done and seen everything AFM has to offer I say go for it. A fresh new game is always exciting and a great way to keep the hobby interesting. I've sold a bunch of games I LOVED and don't regret doing it.

#7 3 years ago

We're do you think it should be on price. Beat routed ones are over 5k. Personally I think my price is right on point for the condition without a ton of mods.....what do I know ?

#8 3 years ago

Sell it, and if you miss it you can replace it with an AFMr (soon, I would expect).

#9 3 years ago

Put a blanket over it, pretend it is gone and see how you feel about it after a few days.. I know it sounds weird, but I did that with a game on was on the fence about, and let it go, and have not regretted letting it go, and I am enjoying the upgrades I made.

#10 3 years ago

I don't knoe...do you want to sell it at that price to get in line to wait for a hobbit? Don't really know how we should know.

#11 3 years ago

I only had about 5 plays on the Hobbit so far but must say I'd rather have AFM. AFM is such a cool pin with a ton of character it's one of the best. That said, I know how it is when it is time to move a pin you like so if your inner pinball addict is telling you it's time to switch it up then maybe you should.

#12 3 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

I only had about 5 plays on the Hobbit so far but must say I'd rather have AFM. AFM is such a cool pin with a ton of character it's one of the best. That said, I know how it is when it is time to move a pin you like so if your inner pinball addict is telling you it's time to switch it up then maybe you should.

I know..... And having an original one thats in excellent shape is a rare find. Its just that Hobbit looks so frign cool

#13 3 years ago

Wait til you play hobbit. I was excited to see one, played it and decided it's not for me. It might grow on me and we all have different tastes but I didn't think it was my thing. It played like an EM with MM trolls littered all over the playfield. Just my 2 little cents.

#14 3 years ago

I did but its was early in the game at the Allentown show. My wife is a big part of the decision making and really loved it too but AFM is her favorite in our collection. She cant make up her mind

#15 3 years ago

Hold it. Wait till it's available. I have had games I got tired of but then month later, enjoyed again.

#16 3 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Its just that Hobbit looks so frign cool

It does look cool, but it would be worth going to a pinball show where you can play it.

#17 3 years ago

It would be hard for you to replace it with one in the same condition.
If your wife doesn't like Hobbit,your in the dog house cause you sold her favourite game.

I would dump rippleys or sopranos first.

Afm is my favourite as well.

#18 3 years ago

AFM is my favorite game so I am biased. PPS over on the MMr thread telegraphed (and now I can't find the quote) that the next re-do is CC with the newer software. Said there were many more to come. This fits well with my conversation with the MMr guy at Expo. AFM or MB would seem to be next. The value of AFM depends on the likelihood of a re-do. Depends on when the economy/pinball bubble tanks. To quote DH: "Feelin' lucky?" I believe you should wait until Hobbit is perfected, since there is no limit on the production.

#19 3 years ago

Isn't AFM up next for PPS? Not sure if that has been announced or just rumor. If so, maybe that helps you decide.

#20 3 years ago

Even if it is, at 8500 most would take an original. ( I know I would )

#21 3 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Even if it is, at 8500 most would take an original. ( I know I would )

You know a few years ago I would of disagreed with you. I have since gotten a AFM in pretty darn good condition. I had planned to put new decals and possibly a new PF when I bought it. After owning it for a while I came to appreciate the condition the machine was in after 20 years of being played. I updated the lighting very well and added some mods of course but I did not do an all out overhaul as I was planning. My wife who is not into pinball could not believe that the pin was as old as it was she was shocked. I guess I got nostalgia and I all of the sudden did not want to re decal it but rather enjoy it as it is. I was pretty surprised as I didn't think I'd feel that way about it. So I can definitely appreciate and relate to what your saying.

Quoted from ecmurrayf1:

Isn't AFM up next for PPS? Not sure if that has been announced or just rumor.

No this has not been announced and IMO it is unlikely to be the next remake. That is just like my opinion of course.

#22 3 years ago
Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

Wait until the Hobbit is out and you get to play it to decide what to do.

If you wait until the Hobbit is out...by that time, PPS will already be shipping the remake of AFM.

Once the remake is announced/shipping, the value of you AFM will drop.

#23 3 years ago

AFMr will be cheaper than your selling price and Rick said somewhere hopefully to be announced around Mar/Apr. If you want to sell it I'd be selling it soon.

#24 3 years ago

In favour of getting hobbit, since you like it, is that JJ does have a financing plan now... Dangerous!

#25 3 years ago

People say lots of things. Then buy from Rick. I think route beaters and high end restores may drop but nice midrange restores and originals will hold MMR has proven this. A high end collector who bought my Mople said its was one of the nicest unrestored games he had seen.
And I personally feel thats what it would take for me to sell it. Love how people judge the value of a game without even seeing it.

Not trying to make this a price tread just trying to decide if I should let this go.

#26 3 years ago

A few more pics

image.jpeg

image_1.jpeg

image_2.jpeg

image_3.jpeg

image_4.jpeg

#27 3 years ago

I have no idea what you should do- But if you made it as far as posting this thread- why not post your AFM in the market and stick to your guns on price. Price it where you need it to be to make it good for you- then if it sells your happy. If it doesnt sell in a month you'll know by then if you want it to- and can drop the price then knowing your sure you want it gone. Its always easier to let it go if you get your price.

#28 3 years ago

I know..... I get very attached to my games. Love them all. I go back and forth every time I think about selling one

I also have an offer on my HUO SM for 4500 and an EATPM. Still don't know what to do

#29 3 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

I know..... I get very attached to my games. Love them all. I go back and forth every time I think about selling one

I know how you feel. I get attached to every one of my pins...especially if I've put 120+ hours into doing a restore. If space allowed, and I had my way, I'd never sell a pin.

Your AFM looks really nice, by the way.

Good luck with your decision...It would be a hard one for me to make, if I were in your shoes.

#30 3 years ago

I leaning on selling but maybe not at this time. I really feel that Hobbit will be a great game and I love the theme. Will look nice next to my LOTR. Definatly will take my time on this one but I'm pretty set on getting a Hobbit one way or another

#31 3 years ago

I love my WOZECLE from JJP. Just didn't care much for having money tied up for 2+ years.

But then again, my money was tied up for almost that long on my MMr.

No more pre-orders for me.

JJp seems to really put a lot of heart/work into their product. I'd buy from them again...I just don't care much for the Hobbit pin.

#32 3 years ago

No way I would do that. But, I sold TZ to help fund GOT premium so to each his own!

#33 3 years ago

Yeah.... I sold TZ for LTBR, Addams for Met, Creature for Tron and because of the diversity of my collection I don't miss any of them

#34 3 years ago

I always wonder at these kind of threads....

I don't see how they EVER are really "as advertised"

I mean, how in the world do you make this decision based on a bunch of peoples opinions (who may or may not reflect YOUR taste in pinball) and most of which have never actually even PLAYED TH.

#35 3 years ago

Honestly this is not a for sale thread. Asking fellow pinheads mean I value the options of people here on pinside ...... Good and bad. It's not like in asking my dad or friend, I'm asking people who are passionate about pinball so to me all input is good even if it's not what mine is

#36 3 years ago

As of right now AFM is one of the highest rated games with a pretty limited supply. Until that changes I wouldn't let it go cheaply. No one knows what the next remake is or how much it will cost except PPS & Chicago Gaming. Furthermore, the next remake will likely take a year or longer to hit the production line. We're seeing now with how long MMR is taking its not going to happen over night. Yours looks like a killer original thanks for sharing the pics!

#37 3 years ago

Sell you game the day you can bring TH in your home. Otherwise it might be a long wait and you may regret your AFM. Unsure how long will be the wait for those buying TH now but I would not do it unless a trusted distributor has a day-1 slot available.

#38 3 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

If you wait until the Hobbit is out...by that time, PPS will already be shipping the remake of AFM.
Once the remake is announced/shipping, the value of you AFM will drop.

Not sure about this. MM dropped in price a couple/few thousand dollars because it had been so wildly and artificially inflated to begin with. A nice MM original is still worth more than the remake, and I think the same will hold true for AFM. I just bought one to restore next year knowing full well the remake may come out, because I'd always rather have an original than a remake as it's part of pinball history. And I know I'm not alone. It's people like me that will keep the price of originals nearly where they are now, even with remakes flooding the market.

#39 3 years ago

Is the Afm all original? It is in real nice shape

#40 3 years ago

I would go with Joe Newhard as he is close enough for me to pick up.

That's a good question too. At this point what is the wait? If it's a year or better I may just do say 100 a week and make payments so it's easy on the budget

#41 3 years ago

All original except, white rubbers , led in GI and controlled , polished stainless rails , cliffy posts ,and painted ships. No board repairs except for removing diodes and replacing a diode rectifier. All paper work ,original manuals with warrenrty cards and all that other good stuff.

Not cutting the remakes down but for me it's just not the same

Almost like if I would buy my wife a fake coach purse. Looks and functions the same but it just isn't.

#42 3 years ago

Sell the most fun game ever made for a game that no one knows if it is going to be good or not?

Put your listing up right now!

#43 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Not sure about this. MM dropped in price a couple/few thousand dollars because it had been so wildly and artificially inflated to begin with. A nice MM original is still worth more than the remake, and I think the same will hold true for AFM. I just bought one to restore next year knowing full well the remake may come out, because I'd always rather have an original than a remake as it's part of pinball history. And I know I'm not alone. It's people like me that will keep the price of originals nearly where they are now, even with remakes flooding the market.

I agree...to an extent.

Having bought a MMr....PPS, in my opinion, did a great job. If/when they decide to remake AFM...I'm sure there will be a lot of people that would choose the remake over a 20+ year old routed AFM.

Sure...the price won't drop as dramatically as MM, but I still think that, once the remake is out, prices on an AFM will drop, somewhat. Most people would choose new, over old....espeacially if they can do the color DMD like they did on MMr.

#44 3 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

I agree...to an extent.
Having bought a MMr....PPS, in my opinion, did a great job. If/when they decide to remake AFM...I'm sure there will be a lot of people that would choose the remake over a 20+ year old routed AFM.
Sure...the price won't drop as dramatically as MM, but I still think that, once the remake is out, prices on an AFM will drop, somewhat. Most people would choose new, over old....espeacially if they can do the color DMD like they did on MMr.

+1 on everything BUT...haven't most people said ColorDMD's MM display is better than the one on MMr?

And I wasn't talking about a 20 year old routed machine. I was talking about a fully restored original. I'd always rather have that than a remake. Not an old beater!

#45 3 years ago

If you had you're AFM for a long time its most likely a good plan to sell it and buy something new, nothing is better than a new pin and one thing I've learned is that every game comes up again in time, there are a few exceptions for sure but not AFM.

#46 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

+1 on everything BUT...haven't most people said ColorDMD's MM display is better than the one on MMr?

I've yet to hear that people prefer the ColorDMD version over what PPS/CGC has done with the new color DMD on MMr.

There might be people who prefer the look of the original DMD dots colorized by ColorDMD, but I think most people would agree that the increased dots, modifies graphics, and colorization on the MMr color DMD blows the ColorDMD version away. I think it looks a lot better.

#47 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

And I wasn't talking about a 20 year old routed machine. I was talking about a fully restored original. I'd always rather have that than a remake. Not an old beater!

I'd prefer an original, only because I know how to work on them.

But then again, we're talking about 20+ year old electronics...

Time will tell how well the Beaglebone black, and other electronics are going to hold up.

#48 3 years ago

Seems like a no brainer to me...sell it, get hobbit then buy it again after pps remakes it

#49 3 years ago

This thread is reminding me to play my RFM more. Still can't believe people prefer AFM enough to pay over twice as much for it, but to each his own.

#50 3 years ago

I would sell it, especially considering that you have had 10 years to enjoy the game. The Hobbit is going to be amazing and the ruleset that Keith Johnson and Ted Estes are cooking up sounds like the deepest ruleset ever created for a pin, even more then WOZ which in my opinion currently has the deepest ruleset in pinball. The layout is also somewhat similar to AFM but offers more features which I think you will like. Also, the amount of work going into the games rules, audio and animation work is incredible which alone increases the value factor.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 14.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 89.99
$ 30.00
Pinball Machine
Habos Arcade
There are 78 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside