• Latest reply 9 years ago by PotWasher
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

th-3-655.jpeg
#1 9 years ago

What is everyone thoughts on Big Guns ? I'm planning on picking up one and it be my 1st Williams system 11 game

#2 9 years ago

I'm a fan of Big Guns, and pretty much every System 11 game. In the time you own them they are a blast. But they do expire sooner than other games. After a thousand games or so they feel very repetitive. I end up feeling like I am playing the exact game over and over. And then they need to move to the next owner. But during the time of owning them, they are wonderful games. That thousand games will be very enjoyable. And then you usually sell them for about the same that you paid for them and the cycle starts for someone else.

#3 9 years ago

Big Guns is on my wishlist, I just need to find one close enough for a road trip. Shipping becomes a deal killer.

#4 9 years ago

Only 850 miles one way.

http://www.mapquest.com/directions#c125a80ebc81aa8525503f55

John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, Mi.
269-979-3836

#5 9 years ago

Hmmm, I'm actually in St. Louis right now....

#6 9 years ago
Quoted from BALL_LESS1:

Hmmm, I'm actually in St. Louis right now....

Thats perfect, I have a Barracora that needs a ride to St. Louis........, Rob are you reading this ?

John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, Mi.
269-979-3836

#7 9 years ago

I have one, and it's not the deepest game but it's still really fun. It's a blast with non-pinheads, they all seem to love the stealing locked balls aspect of getting multiball. I thought I was getting bored with it because I played it a ton for about 4 months, but then I just changed some of the settings and it feels like a new game again. Couple that with the fairly reasonable price and all the toys on the game and I think it's a really good bargain.

#8 9 years ago

It's an interesting layout with some unique tricks up its sleeve...the "through the air" catapults are cool and the backbox bagatelle feature is neat. Great music! I miss mine sometimes.

#9 9 years ago

I played the crap out of this game in the arcades back in the day. Love this game, but have never known of anyone with one anywhere since. I don't see this game come up for sale at all in my area. I'd grab it if the price is right.

#10 9 years ago

#11 9 years ago

It has no pop bumpers, no spinner. So as my first pin i passed, but picked one up later. It has a very tall backbox and yes to collect the shields to earn an extra ball is cool feature. It is fun. There is a Big Guns club thread you can check out for pics. My son seems to play that one the most. Mine has been rock solid for years, one or two very minor issues.

#12 9 years ago

I loved playing Big Guns back in the mid 90's. Haven't seen one since. I was very tempted and almost bought an ex-arcade one for $2400 in about 1992 I think it was. Lotta money for a used pin back then. Not nowadays though. I'd love to play one again and I'd certainly buy a Big Guns now if I had the chance and it was a good deal.

#13 9 years ago
Quoted from Hyperball91:

I loved playing Big Guns back in the mid 90's. Haven't seen one since. I was very tempted and almost bought an ex-arcade one for $2400 in about 1992 I think it was. Lotta money for a used pin back then. Not nowadays though. I'd love to play one again and I'd certainly buy a Big Guns now if I had the chance and it was a good deal.

I bought mine a few years back for $300 at a garage sale.

Shopped it out, repaired a ton of stuff, got a new translite for it...when it came time to sell, I was pulling teeth to even get $700 for it.

#14 9 years ago

300 bucks at a garage sale, nice one. And you were battling to get 700 for it? wow

#15 9 years ago
Quoted from 2Kaulitz:

What is everyone thoughts on Big Guns ?

Oh we love Biguns! Actually way back in the early 90s when I first thought about bringing a pinball machine into my home, Big Guns fit the bill perfectly. You talk about bang for your buck? This machine was just perfect for the job. Unfortunately I was in the process of moving at the time, so I passed on a very nice one. I am still regretting that decision to this day. So the hunt for Big Guns continues...
th-3-655.jpegth-3-655.jpeg

#16 9 years ago

Is so different to other games is what is makes it great to play, not sure you would want it as the only game in your collection. Good luck with the purchase.

#17 9 years ago

Like most Mark Ritchie games, BG is just pure fun, and Python's art helps make it goofy fun (love the cocktail).
It plays crazy fast (but is still 'nicer' than F-14), with basically 2 little playfields that are barely connected. It will make you good at lateral aiming as the targets are widely distributed and working quickly as most scoring opportunities time out very quickly.
2 things to note:
1. BG is very dark and has many distracting flashers in the backbox. I find it almost impossible to play without some room lighting.
2. Don't take BG too personally; it laughs at you more than any other game I know.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
1,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Newburgh, NY
Machine - For Sale
Scranton, PA
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 22.50
Machine - For Sale
Davenport, FL
$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/thoughts-on-williams-big-guns and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.