Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 121 posts
  • 55 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 months ago by pinzrfun
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

7fv6gm.jpg
    11F0A911-FE9B-4448-A451-9F65D59E1ACD_1_201_a (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png

This topic is closed.

There are 121 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
    #101 11 months ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

Awesome thread. Op asks for opinions, argues with and downvotes every single post that disagrees with his perspective or opinion.
    Argues with and downvotes moderator trying to give good sound advice and neutral perspective.
    I actually may consider accepting credit cards after reading this. But my policy will be that the buyer has to swipe the card through my ass and tickle my nuts while they do it. Or they can pay with cash.

What's the rate on the card swipe?

#102 11 months ago
    Quoted from rod90:

What's the rate on the card swipe?

I’ll tell you what…in the spirit of this community, I’ll stick to the commonplace 3%.

Or if the buyer wants to bring along saran wrap, chocolate syrup, a thimble and an onion, and do this transaction the right way, I’ll waive and pay the fee myself.

Ad will be up in the marketplace shortly. Obviously I won’t be able to offer shipping.

#103 11 months ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

I’ll tell you what…in the spirit of this community, I’ll stick to the commonplace 3%.
    Or if the buyer wants to bring along saran wrap, chocolate syrup, a thimble and an onion, and do this transaction the right way, I’ll waive and pay the fee myself.
    Ad will be up in the marketplace shortly. Obviously I won’t be able to offer shipping.

upvote because I laughed

#104 11 months ago

These kind of posts make my monthly internet bill very much worth paying every penny of it.

Totally cracking up. Even if I have no idea what the thimble or onion are for.

#105 11 months ago

Is this Steve? #paytheboob

#106 11 months ago
    Quoted from dmacy:

Is this Steve? #paytheboob

Nope. Grammar is too correct.
    OP does write well, you have to concede that.

I also want to know about the thimble and onion.
    On second thought, no I don't.

#107 11 months ago

I know how dares me go somewhere and think a brick and mortar establishment would accept a form of payment that has existed since what the 1950s.absolutely bonkers of me.
    Odd all this dog piling, trolling , straight up a-holery. I apologize I guess underestimated how out of touch with modern payment systems some older generations are. That must be where all this ire, emotion,anger fear projecting come from.

#108 11 months ago
    Quoted from ScottAM2000:

I know how dares me go somewhere and think a brick and mortar establishment would accept a form of payment that has existed since what the 1950s.absolutely bonkers of me.
    Odd all this dog piling, trolling , straight up a-holery. I apologize I guess underestimated how out of touch with modern payment systems some older generations are. That must be where all this ire, emotion,anger fear projecting come from.

LOL. Dude. You’re wonderful.

#109 11 months ago
    Quoted from ScottAM2000:

I guess underestimated how out of touch with modern payment systems some older generations are. That must be where all this ire, emotion,anger fear projecting come from.

You again miss the point. Nobody is out of touch with anything. We are not trying to exchange gold for games.

I myself have used several other forms of payment multiple times (PayPal, Zelle, etc.). But I have gotten scammed, and had a few PP issues that took an extremely long arduous process to remedy. As a person a person seller, and not a retailer, I’m not interested in accepting credit cards.

So in my opinion, the most secure transaction is cash (or perhaps wire transfer). Every other payment method you are asking about can turn out to be a real big pain in the ass, and is not secure for the seller.

It looks like you own an EHOH, and have nothing else in your history. I have bought and sold over 200 games. So I think my experience with what works best when buying or selling is a little more extensive than yours.

You don’t have to act like a disrespectful prick. You came here, asked a question and sought input.

#110 11 months ago

Ahhh...youth. Sometimes it just takes a little time and experience to "get it".

#111 11 months ago

It has been my experience that every new pinsider falling into the hobby has the same thoughts.

1. Pinball prices are too high, the bubble is about to burst!
    2. The service from these pinball companies suck... it's too hard to buy a machine.
    3. Why does everyone want cash and why won't (most) private parties ship me a machine?
    4. We're all going to run out of space to put machines with a limited number of people in this hobby!
    5. Why can't I have the just announced pin tomorrow and why do I have to tweak it!

We've all been there. I've asked many of these questions myself.

Edit:
    And to the question at hand... I use paypal all the time on pins... as a convenient way of taking a deposit. $100 in earnest money delivered instantly is a great way to have a buyer show they are serious, or vice versa. Great for taking payments on smalls going through the mail.

#112 11 months ago

These posts sound like they are from an older, more mature Frank Fuhrter from the old RPG days - just stirring the pot for his own enjoyment.

#113 11 months ago
    Quoted from ScottAM2000:

I apologize I guess underestimated how out of touch with modern payment systems some older generations are. That must be where all this ire, emotion, anger fear projecting come from.

At least you know how to apologize.

#114 11 months ago

this past year a NYC police officer was killed when he brought 20k cash to buy a honda pilot. he was set up. i would be leary to walk around with 10k in cash he was armed and trained and it did not end well for him RIP. be careful in any event

#115 11 months ago
    Quoted from robotron:

this past year a NYC police officer was killed when he brought 20k cash to buy a honda pilot. he was set up. i would be leary to walk around with 10k in cash he was armed and trained and it did not end well for him RIP. be careful in any event

Yes, and last year some pinheads got robbed at gunpoint in Albany of around the same amount of cash, thinking they were about to score half-dozen NIB Sterns.

So yeah, be careful with cash. That's nothing new.

If it seems too good to be true, it probably is. If someone is trying to lure you to an abandoned industrial park in Albany with tens of thousands is cash? Maybe think twice.

Someone who's been on pinside a while and is selling a Godzilla? Sure, bring him cash, just like we've all been doing safely for 20 years or so.

#116 11 months ago

Anything can happen to anybody at any time. No plan is ever perfect in all circumstances. All you can do is take reasonable precautions, keep your head on a swivel, realize that you aren't going to find a HUO Medieval Madness for $6k in a lousy neighborhood, and take a friend(s) when circumstances warrant it. You are only trying to improve your odds, not achieve total and utter safety in every possible situation. Life is not like that.

#117 11 months ago

It’s like that F-14 for a grand that a LA gang banger had listed on some ghetto pawn site. Some new member was playing 20 questions with both the seller and Pinside. Wonder if homie ever bought it… Either way.

#118 11 months ago
    Quoted from ScottAM2000:

I guess WE underestimated how out of touch some younger generations are with a form of payment that has been around for a couple centuries.

That must be where all of your ire, emotion, anger fear projecting come from. Odd all this dog piling, trolling , straight up a-holery.

#119 11 months ago
    Quoted from pinzrfun:I guess WE underestimated how out of touch some younger generations are with a form of payment that has been around for a couple centuries.
    That must be where all of your ire, emotion, anger fear projecting come from. Odd all this dog piling, trolling , straight up a-holery.

One person cannot dog pile. Saying something someone does not agree with it not a-hole. Cash has actually been around for millennia. Anything to actually add troll???

#120 11 months ago
    Quoted from ScottAM2000:

Anything to actually add troll???

#121 11 months ago
    Quoted from ScottAM2000:

One person cannot dog pile. Saying something someone does not agree with it not a-hole. Cash has actually been around for millennia. Anything to actually add troll???

My apologies, I've never heard the term "dog-piling" so I should have asked for an explanation.......

How come it's a-hole when someone says it to you but not vice versa? Cause if we were to add a poll here, you're winning the a-hole division hands down.

I'm well aware that paper currency existed before the almighty U.S. of A. printed it, i was merely keeping it domestic for you since we aren't talking about buying breakfast in ancient Greece. Which would have worked better for you since that's all they took back then - you wouldn't have been caught with your pants down and no cash on you.

You're not gonna win this one, punk.

There are 121 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/thoughts-on-unsecured-payments/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.