(Topic ID: 166026)

Thoughts on trading current release game for recent games- Value?

By Pinball-Wiz

7 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 7 years ago

I won't say which side of the trade talk I am on, but after thinking about doing a trade recently there was some talk about the value of a current release game (Such as GB PRO) being traded for a recent release (in this case, a GOT Pro). To explain further, the person who has the GB Pro just picked up a GB LE, and has never owned a GOT. I know some would be wondering why someone would do the trade if they owned a GB, so that's to explain that part of it.

So, that being said, with all options being even (shaker, lets say), is this an even up trade, or more $ should be passed to the GB PRO owner? Lets just say that the GOT Pro has been played pretty heavy for the last 9 months or so, but is still HUO. Really doesn't show any wear though. The GB Pro probably has 100 plays on it and has only been owned for a month.

So, is there more value in the GB PRO since it's newer, less plays, and the "hot game" right now? Or should it be an even up trade?

There was also no dealer fixed pricing back when GOT was sold, so owners that bought them when they were released paid less.. but if they want a NIB now, they must pay the minimum price (at least I think that is the case) .

Opening this up for Pinside discussion. I'm not one of those "selling this for X because that's how much I got into it!" guys as I think it's ridiculous to expect to always get the same amount of money you put into something after you use it for a while and people can buy a NIB one.

#2 7 years ago

For some people the new release is worth more (esp. if there is demand, scarcity, and/or wait) for others (myself in that group), everything else being equal, they are of equal value. Of course, some games are dogs out of the gate (WWE pro) and are worth less.

#3 7 years ago

I would value a new GB Pro over an HUO GOT, but not by a whole lot (speaking strictly money and not what I feel is the better game). GOT w/shaker + $250 sounds about right to me.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/thoughts-on-trading-current-release-game-for-recent-games-value and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.