image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
#1 11 years ago

Considering purchasing this machine.
Thoughts on condition?

image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg

#2 11 years ago

Looks nice. Let me know if you decide to pass on it.

#3 11 years ago

I wouldnt buy a BSD that didn't have the lightning flippers.

#4 11 years ago

$1600-$1800?

#5 11 years ago
Quoted from Ninefingers:

I wouldnt buy a BSD that didn't have the lightning flippers.

Hardly a deal breaker as flipper bats can be changed quite easily. Although it supposedly is hard to find good quality yellow lightning flippers. I hear some people like that extra 1/8th of an inch... helps to get that multiplier moaning

#6 11 years ago

If you grab it, make sure you get the Weekend at Bernie's guy mod:

bernie.jpgbernie.jpg

#7 11 years ago
Quoted from TJ141:

$1600-$1800?

Good luck getting one for that these days unless it's a real beater. This one doesn't look bad at all from the pics. A lot get rough insert wear around Dracula on the playfield in the mid right. This one doesn't look like it has that.

I agree lightning flippers should be on BSD, but that's a pretty easy swap out. I've got them on BSD and DW and they can be brutal, but the way the game was meant to be in my opinion.

#8 11 years ago

Thanks so far. Agreed to buy it. Going to pickup tomorrow. Owner says only known issue is ball doesn't eject from hole properly. Not sure which one or what the problem is but I look forward to finding out.

Any thing I should look for in person?

#9 11 years ago

Look for insert where on the bottom right of the of the play field. Big historical problem with this game for some reason. Knocks off a lot of the value too.

#10 11 years ago

Look carefully at the playfield between D-R-A-C-U-L-A and the flippers.
Seems this region is known for planking.

Inspect the MIST-ball mechanism, if it's intact and functioning.

If it feels oke, bring this baby home.... Great Game !! Thhhiiiiiirrrrrttttyyy Million !!

#11 11 years ago

Looks like decent example. You won't be sorry you bought it, once you get the rules down and triple stack the multiballs and get Dracula to yell the "Thhhiiiiiirrrrrttttyyy Million !!" as Thor noted above. When that happens, man.. WHAT A RUSH!!

#12 11 years ago

It's a fantastic game, you will be happy

#13 11 years ago

Big insert under Dracs face to the left is prone to edging as well as under the D-r-a-c-u-l-a inserts. That being said the pin doesn't seem to have the issues but worth looking at when you pick it up.

#14 11 years ago

Congrats on the purchase!!!

#15 11 years ago

Usual stuff - think someone said check the mist multiball mechanism is there and that it works.
Looks like a reasonable one - bit of TLC needed perhaps.

Ramps are hard to get so check for burning under the left main ramp - there's a lamp right underneath it and its quite common for it to blister.

Translight backing can also spot burn in front of Dracula's face because of the flasher right behind it

Enjoy! Very addictive game that has that "just one more game" appeal

#16 11 years ago

Oh Man, I love me some BSD,So addictive! Check for wear on the PF where the ball drops when it ejects from the shooter lane. My PF is 9/10 and that's the only place it has slight wear.

BSD's are known to have problems with the mist magnet so check that..I'm on my 2nd BSD and have had spooky problems that go away when my tech comes over, but I have friends that tell me that BSD is haunted so dont worry. Congrats on the purchase!

#17 11 years ago
Quoted from Thor-NL:

Great Game !! Thhhiiiiiirrrrrttttyyy Million !!

Best callout Ever!!! When you get that call you know you are on fire!

#18 11 years ago

Greatest pin ever made! Def test out the mist. That is a pain to work on and impossible to find parts. Its actually hard to find a lot of parts for bsd. From the pics it looks good. Just maintain it and you should be cool!

#19 11 years ago

Brought it home. Seller was great. Paid the asking price. Had to remove the back box lock as no key available. Machine appears to be in great shape. A few touchups on the can. A couple small plastics issues and a few lamp sockets not working. All expected. The left ball eject gets stuck. Optos are working and solenoid fires but ball doesn't come out so maybe an alignment issue. I need to troubleshoot when I get a little time. My boys really like the theme. They are 12/13 so no young kids in the house. I will snap some pics as I work on it. I still have some issues to on my FT that need addressing too. Ah the fun

#20 11 years ago

Awesome! The best part is fixing it up! If you have any questions hit us up. I have made some pretty sweet mods for bsd. Search the forum for BSD mods.

#21 11 years ago
Quoted from TurnOne:

Brought it home.

Good for you !! Congrats on a great pin.

Fix it up quick and let your boys "feel" that smooth riding left ramp.
You gonna love it

#22 11 years ago
Quoted from Thor-NL:

Good for you !! Congrats on a great pin.
Fix it up quick and let your boys "feel" that smooth riding left ramp.
You gonna love it

We are loving it so far. Just fixed the mystery hole to eject popper. Ramp needed a little more slope to get the ball to fall into the resting position. Right ramp was getting stuck, had to realign the lift ramp. My youngest is testing and after 5 games hasn't had any glitches.

Only thing left (that I know of) is to fix 4 lamp sockets that aren't working. Three are the 555's on pcb's and one is the lamp on the magnet motor.

Not sure if I want to replace the flippers with the 'lightning' ones as the space between the flippers is large enough as it is.

Chris
Cool game so far.

#23 11 years ago

Just Picked up A BSD!!! you made a good choice this is a wicked fun game!!

#24 11 years ago

If you dont mind me asking.... how much?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
South Bound Brook, NJ
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Omaha, NE
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 84.99
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.00
$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/thoughts-on-this-bsd and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.