8 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by kaneda
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 8 years ago

Just a few of my brief opinions on the newer games I got to play at expo. Everyone else feel free to add your comments.

wooly- this playfield is stuffed with shots. The left ramp is really hard to hit but rewarding when you do. For a home build its pretty awesome how polished it is. Other then the cloudy ramps you would not really know it is not a manufactured game.

Tbl- this one falls a little flat for me. It doesn't seem to have progressed much in the last year. The potential is there but I do not see the value yet.

TH- this is a stunning game. The art is really well done, the powder coat is awesome. The toy molds look great and the LCD is great. Game play is still a little questionable. How fun will it end up being in the long run. It might end up being the complete package but time will tell.

GOT pro- no LE on the floor so only the pro review. It's fast, it's fun, it's bright, it's a Ritchie stern. Feels a lot like ac/DC to me. The dots are well done and the code is in a good place but nothing about screams game of thrones to me other then the cabinet. It's fun but it feels like every other stern.

KISS pro- feels like a Borg game. Stunning artwork and a fun layout. Overall a really solid buy for a pro game. This one might end up being a great value.

Full Throttle- Heighway stole the show for me. I did not expect to care for this game at all but it was super fun. The layout is refreshing. I love the little inner loop on the left and the game just shoots awesome with ball paths everywhere. I also loved the newly announced option of a full LCD in the back box. I was really impressed with this offering and may be interested in an alien and full throttle playfield

MMr colorization- almost groundbreaking in my opinion. Funny how a little money and effort can make something look so much better. Talked with Doug from CGC for a minute and he thought it would be ready before the end of the year. It looks really nice.

#2 8 years ago

Sounds like you missed Lexy and AMH somehow.

#3 8 years ago

Was AMH there? I missed it.

I thought FT was amazing and so glad I got to spend time on it.

#4 8 years ago
    Quoted from JosephT:

Was AMH there? I missed it.
    I thought FT was amazing and so glad I got to spend time on it.

FishTales is an amazing game.

#5 8 years ago

AMH was at pinball life party. Wooly was slightly improved from last year, not new, but really an awesome machine. Dots, code and sound were the only real changes and we're all spectacular. Hope someone builds this game for Scott and Frank.

#6 8 years ago

Was there a Timeshock proto?

#8 8 years ago
    Quoted from Law:

Sounds like you missed Lexy and AMH somehow.

There wasnt an AMH at expo but I have one so I was OK with that. It's a great game by some great people. I didn't play lexy this time, I've played it at a few previous shows. Very innovative but it did not really grab me.

#9 8 years ago

Have to agree that Full Throttle was the surprise hit for me too. So easy to write this game off because of theme, but man it's just fun! I also really didn't mind the thicker bezel at all. It felt modern, had nice shots, and almost immediately you're immersed in the gameplay. Plus Andrew is just awesome. We talked cars for 15 minutes. Great guy.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/thoughts-on-the-newer-games-at-expo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.