pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_4226 (resized).PNG
2020-04-05_0024-1024x855 (resized).jpg
helm (resized).jpg
1324423-21856-70-720 (resized).jpg
189607735_10208731639765448_1684038324158435664_n (resized).jpg
185232884_10208692655470865_8244609686279211488_n (resized).jpg
186085546_10208692656030879_2741930731274588334_n (resized).jpg

There are 189 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.
#51 2 years ago

Really curious when we’re gonna see the topper announced. how long do they normally take to announce one after the game comes out?

#52 2 years ago
Quoted from TheProgrammer:

Really curious when we’re gonna see the topper announced. how long do they normally take to announce one after the game comes out?

Ask the Star Wars guys!!!

#53 2 years ago
Quoted from TheProgrammer:

Totally random.

#54 2 years ago

The “idle” callouts (I think they might happen when a flipper button is pressed and a game isn’t active) being the voice of IG-11... seems like a good case for the topper being IG-11!

P1nhead ’s detective work doesn’t hurt that theory either:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-is-the-way-stern-mandalorian-pinball/page/122#post-6374592

I’m struggling to think of anything else that’d be “topper worthy, not already represented in the machine, and motorized” from the show.

1 week later
#55 2 years ago

The Razorcrest, Grogu and mando are very well represented on the play field the obvious choice is IG-11

1 week later
#56 2 years ago

I also vote IG-11 interactive topper

2 weeks later
#57 2 years ago

Anybody heard anything about the Mando topper?

#58 2 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Anybody heard anything about the Mando topper?

Nothing other than "coming soon & awaiting approval"

Hopefully it's not the same delay as with the SW R2-D2 topper!

2 weeks later
#59 2 years ago

Something different would be good. You have Grogu and the helmet in the game already. Something with the Foundry would be different and it could play off the Foundry piece in the game.

#60 2 years ago

Hello!

I clicked on this thread about toppers just so I could bitch about toppers and tell everyone how stupid toppers are. I would also like to include some passive aggressive insults about the people that like toppers, so that they too know how stupid they are for liking toppers. My opinion is the only one that matters, so I know that I'm right and you're wrong. I am certain this is normal social behavior for the 40+ year old demographic for pinball.

I hope I have contributed adequately to the constant effort to troll threads and shit on as many aspects of the hobby as possible!

This is the way.

#61 2 years ago
Quoted from radium:

Hello!
I clicked on this thread about toppers just so I could bitch about toppers and tell everyone how stupid toppers are. I would also like to include some passive aggressive insults about the people that like toppers, so that they too know how stupid they are for liking toppers. My opinion is the only one that matters, so I know that I'm right and you're wrong. I am certain this is normal social behavior for the 40+ year old demographic for pinball.
I hope I have contributed adequately to the constant effort to troll threads and shit on as many aspects of the hobby as possible!
This is the way.

1 month later
#62 2 years ago

Animated IG-11 in the vein of the BKSOR topper!

#63 2 years ago

It's gotta be IG-11

#64 2 years ago

At the least, I believe this is to be a topper with movement (placeholder in software, see my earlier post about this).

Our distributor said the topper is months away.

#65 2 years ago

Dark Troopers and Luke would be even better than IG-11 for the topper. With a light up lightsaber.

2 weeks later
#66 2 years ago

Any rumors? Some info at Expo expected?

#67 2 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Any rumors? Some info at Expo expected?

Somebody posted in the owners group that the topper will be revealed at Expo during the Stern panel.

1 week later
#68 2 years ago

Any news?

1 week later
#69 2 years ago

what does it look like?

IMG_4226 (resized).PNGIMG_4226 (resized).PNG
#70 2 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

what does it look like?
[quoted image]

Can't tell if you're joking or not, but in case you're not-- I think those are just the side armor kits and not the toppers.

#71 2 years ago

Doesn't look like a box that would be housing side armor.

#72 2 years ago
Quoted from JStoltz:

Can't tell if you're joking or not, but in case you're not-- I think those are just the side armor kits and not the toppers.

I thought they were going to show the topper at Expo? Guess not. The box above the smaller boxes looks like a topper box.

#73 2 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

Doesn't look like a box that would be housing side armor.

Quoted from kermit24:

I thought they were going to show the topper at Expo? Guess not. The box above the smaller boxes looks like a topper box.

Yeah, agree-- I think it's just perspective though. freddy posted a picture of his side armor installation a while ago, and the picture of his box looks pretty similar on the end. Not conclusive, but I think a simpler explanation than "FlipNOut has the topper that hasn't even been announced yet."

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-is-the-way-the-mandalorian-owners-club/page/50#post-6596033

Also, looks like the topper boxes tend to look a little more "athletic" and have different markings than their other accessories:
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#74 2 years ago
Quoted from JStoltz:

I think a simpler explanation than "FlipNOut has the topper that hasn't even been announced yet."

Didn’t realize Stern hasn’t announced the topper on a game that came out many months ago.

#75 2 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Didn’t realize Stern hasn’t announced the topper on a game that came out many months ago.

Apologies if my post came out sounding rude, that wasn't my intent.

Also, speculation seems to be that the licensor approval on the toppers is the reason the Star Wars machines are released well ahead of the toppers-- seems to be par for the course for Disney, at least.

#76 2 years ago

Side armor box!

0D0AEE13-E0D5-47D3-BC5C-34C764D939E7 (resized).jpeg0D0AEE13-E0D5-47D3-BC5C-34C764D939E7 (resized).jpegBC03E45A-80CE-4691-8BB0-1E0A34D61078 (resized).jpegBC03E45A-80CE-4691-8BB0-1E0A34D61078 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#77 2 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

Side armor box!
[quoted image][quoted image]

My biggest disappointment of the week.

#78 2 years ago

Anyone brave enough to hook up a node board 12 and see what settings may be revealed? (assuming the topper is designed and coded)

2 weeks later
#79 2 years ago

Any updates?

#80 2 years ago

Supposedly licensing is holding it up, at least that’s what I keep hearing.

I feel it’s going to be IG11 though, hopefully mechanical with spinning head and both arms with guns and not with a bloody grand price tag otherwise I’m out!

1 week later
#81 2 years ago

*sigh*

#82 2 years ago

Holopuck, for the real Bounty Hunters!

#83 2 years ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

Holopuck, for the real Bounty Hunters!

Not impossible if the motor controls referenced in the settings actually refers to something like the "holographic" fans or maybe something simple that resembles a large inverted pyramid, projecting upward into it could also simulate holographic video.

This would be awesome: https://lookingglassfactory.com/product/portrait - just make it 9" tall and 16" wide.

#84 2 years ago

Topper is IG11, spinning head, body, with arms and guns, light up features throughout. I just hope it’s not a grand as I refuse to pay that for a topper.

#85 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Topper is IG11, spinning head, body, with arms and guns, light up features throughout. I just hope it’s not a grand as I refuse to pay that for a topper.

I'm having a hard time deciding whether I'd rather spend money on a potentially awesome topper like what you've described, or just bank the money towards the next machine. Tough decision! Guess it'll depend on the price, but an animated IG-11 would be hard to resist even at $1000+ imo.

#86 2 years ago
Quoted from JStoltz:

I'm having a hard time deciding whether I'd rather spend money on a potentially awesome topper like what you've described, or just bank the money towards the next machine. Tough decision! Guess it'll depend on the price, but an animated IG-11 would be hard to resist even at $1000+ imo.

As a group we need to start holding back Sterns toppers are great especially those that add a little more Yeti artwork but the material cost of them is what $50 tops!? If we start paying a grand for every topper it’s only a matter of time before toppers are $1000 every release, then $1500, $2000 etc.

#87 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

As a group we need to start holding back Sterns toppers are great especially those that add a little more Yeti artwork but the material cost of them is what $50 tops!? If we start paying a grand for every topper it’s only a matter of time before toppers are $1000 every release, then $1500, $2000 etc.

Definitely agree. I think the high dollar toppers will always sell at these (relatively) low volumes though, whether it's to whales with tons of expendable cash or to the "pinball middle class" with whom the theme really resonates. I wouldn't describe myself as a "considers spending $1000 on a topper" guy, but damn do I love The Mandalorian. The FOMO makes it tough.

I'd like to see Stern sell MORE toppers for a lower margin to take the exclusivity/speculation out of the equation but it seems like they're still somewhat playing the "limited edition" card with them. I don't honestly care about having something rare or limited, I just struggle with knowing there's a topper out there for my dream themed machine.. and not having it.

#88 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Is this fact or your speculation?

#89 2 years ago
Quoted from honkbahh:

If you go way back to release, I found some settings for the topper and they are (we're) identical to SW R2D2 settings (so there is likely a motor) and settings were noticably different from maiden, AIQ, JP topper settings - so hopefully more than just flashing/fading light shows.

I'd imagine it will be similar to the BK topper. Since CCr has an interactive topper, this will probably be interactive to gameplay in some fashion. I hope it is not a locked mode like AIQ, JP.

#90 2 years ago

It's insane there is no topper yet for this game. Took too long for SW too, this licensing stuff is crap. They need to release the toppers on day one with the machines.

#91 2 years ago
Quoted from P1nhead:

If you go way back to release, I found some settings for the topper and they are (we're) identical to SW R2D2 settings (so there is likely a motor) and settings were noticably different from maiden, AIQ, JP topper settings - so hopefully more than just flashing/fading light shows.
I'd imagine it will be similar to the BK topper. Since CCr has an interactive topper, this will probably be interactive to gameplay in some fashion. I hope it is not a locked mode like AIQ, JP.

Thanks! Like BK would be great. Please don't let it be like JP...

#92 2 years ago
Quoted from honkbahh:

Not my speculation

#93 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Great idea.

I got a great idea too, but I hope I’m not being too presumptuous, because I went ahead and added us all to the “refusing to buy a 2021 Bugatti Chiron” group. Should bring those ridiculous prices down super quick!

#94 2 years ago
Quoted from KingVidiot:

Great idea.
I got a great idea too, but I hope I’m not being too presumptuous, because I went ahead and added us all to the “refusing to buy a 2021 Bugatti Chiron” group. Should bring those ridiculous prices down super quick!

Comparing apples to oranges here.

My point was we kind of know the material cost of Sterns toppers and let’s be fair the development costs can not be too much as they are pretty basic.

And if we keep buying at higher and higher prices, especially the secondary market at 4x the original cost the prices will continue climbing higher and higher until 4x the current retail price is the new retail price.

Your example of Bugatti is terrible because the original veyron was sold by Bugatti/VW at a massive lost somewhere in the region of 2million + per Bugatti and that supposedly doesn’t even include the development costs.

The Chiron financials haven’t even been released because insiders believe that is also being sold at a loss which would explain Bugattis mounting debts.

So your comparing a low bill item with a high ticket price that’s being pushed up by us (buyers) to a high bill item with a high ticket price…. See apples to oranges but nice funny

2 weeks later
#95 2 years ago

**LOUDER SIGH**

1 week later
#96 2 years ago

Any updates?

#97 2 years ago

I feel this topper is WAY late. I'm going to go back through this thread and see if anyone has an idea as to why the delay, but dang....

#98 2 years ago
Quoted from BrandonLaw:

I feel this topper is WAY late. I'm going to go back through this thread and see if anyone has an idea as to why the delay, but dang....

If you think this is late, go look at the R2-D2 topper from Star Wars. I think people were saying it is Disney delays then so probably the same now.

#99 2 years ago
Quoted from BrandonLaw:

It’s all delayed due to licensing and approvals typical Disney!

#100 2 years ago
Quoted from BrandonLaw:

I see Mandalorians been unloaded left and right, I'd agree.

The rose is off the bloom and Stern keeps churning out product.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 49.99
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Corbin, KY
$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 20.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz
Decals
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
$ 109.99
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 145.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
Shooter rods
€ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JK Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 5.00
Lighting - Backbox
Gameroom Mods
Backbox
$ 22.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Other
RavSpec
Other
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
9,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tatamy, PA
There are 189 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/thoughts-on-the-mandalorian-topper/page/2?hl=peruman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.