• DP 9 votes
    10%
  • Iron Maiden 30 votes
    32%
  • JJPOTC 38 votes
    41%
  • Other - explain below 0 votes

(93 votes)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider marksf123.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

Looking to add 1 game to my collection of current available games line up. It would be a premium version. Thoughts on which one to pick up to go with my current game collection? I have played most of the current Stern's (including Munsters) and seem to like the 3 listed the best. I was leaning towards SW but cant really say I am a SW movie nut (although I do like the movies, just dont remember all the details). I probably had my best games on Iron Maiden but I am not an IM music fan. I will say I didnt like Metallica either and now I do after getting the pin. DP was another that I liked when I played but only put a few games on it. I will probably go play them all again but wanted to hear some thoughts..... or maybe other games? I guess a JJPOTC could is an option, I played that game at a pinball show but it had some reset and game stuck issues and was not working well at the time so cant really say..... Also, I have a ACNC on order.

#7 5 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:SW is the toughest shooter of the bunch, so paired with ACNC may lead to a frustrating lineup especially for guests.

Yes but I do have several other games. I will also add that I am getting older and starting to think about retirement next year. This game plus ACNC probably will be my last pinball purchases as it will complete the game room and I will need to change my spending habits in retirement. I am trying to line up all my toys now and enjoy them for the years to come. I guess I could trade games in the future but the plan is to probably slowly offload them as I get older and older but that is a ways away.

#9 5 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

I have a SW premium, JJPOTC, and ACNC on the way as well. Of my current lineup, SW frustrates me the most.

Thanks - I appreciate your thought and input.

#12 5 years ago
Quoted from TwilightZone:

except the plunder thing.

What is the plunder thing?

#18 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

I’d say get POTC as it’s easily one of the best games ever made.

OK - You guys now have me leaning towards a POTC.

#36 5 years ago

<blockquote cite="#4846576"
Another one to consider: BM66 - Stern's best pin since LOTR and may be ever. Awesome theme, music, video, and callouts more than make up for some clunky shots and put it ahead of IMDN.

I do have BM66LE currently in my collection

#44 5 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Any reason why you're only considering NIB pins for your last slot?

I would consider a HUO newer pin like SW. I pretty much moved off buying used older pins as I find unless I can play them I usually find fault that is not listed.

#47 5 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

I'll have to confess that BM66 was a sleeper pin for me. I had less than zero interest in it until I played one. I was pleasantly surprised by the depth and all the lesser villains there were to battle. Now I would consider one in the future.

I got lucky on the BM66LE. I was ready to buy an AS and the day I was ready to buy a BM66LE can available not too far from me. It was with the .65 code and most people were not happy with it. I actually thought it was fun. I thought it was a good risk cause Lyman was coding it and I got it at a discount. Plus the topper was too cool.

#58 5 years ago

I am going to look for where too play JJPOTC. sounds like I should try that game again. Thanks for the inputs. For me it is between SW and JJPOTC now.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 48.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 24.95
Lighting - Other
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider marksf123.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/thoughts-on-sw-vs-iron-maiden-vs-dp-vs-jjpotc?tu=marksf123 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.