• DP 9 votes
    10%
  • Iron Maiden 30 votes
    32%
  • JJPOTC 38 votes
    41%
  • Other - explain below 0 votes

(93 votes)

There are 61 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 5 years ago

SW PREM is no doubt a tough and frustrating pin but has tons of rewards, especially if you enjoy the theme. I play SWLE frequently on location and own a pro. If you don’t like brutally cheap drains, then look at the pro, it’s a bit more forgiving as it has an extra post below the drops by the outlanes which helps saves and plunge complaints; and the Death Star is much easier which eases frustration and cheap drains as well.

IMDN PREM suffers has more forgiving shots and longer ball times than the pro. Plus has more mechanical issues. Another vote for the pro on this title.

SW vs IMDN: SW has more addicting rules, strategy, and gameplay but suffers from code polish which is where IMDN shines. It’s the total package.

As for JJPOTC. If you don’t mind getting under the hood and making lots of tweaks which is JJPs biggest negative (not such a negative for some btw), but it’s probably the best game of these 3 pins. It has so much to offer from shots, to depth, to strategy, to fun. JJP + Keefer = endless games and diversities to explore.

#52 5 years ago

Based on your current collection, I would definitely add a JJP title but not POTC. It's fun but overhyped in my opinion and missing too much from a license perspective to spend that much. Maiden is an amazing game but I'm also a huge Maiden fan so for me it was an easy choice.

JJP has Wonka coming as well as Toy Story and GNR. I would consider holding on to see what those are like.

You do not list it and not sure if you have played it but I am really enjoying DI. It's an excellent game and everyone who plays mine enjoys it. It's got a lot of great quirky stuff and shoots incredibly well.

That said, I would still wait for the new JJP offerings this year.

Good luck!

#53 5 years ago
Quoted from Tonic67:

..I am really enjoying DI. It's an excellent game and everyone who plays mine enjoys it. It's got a lot of great quirky stuff and shoots incredibly well..

Agreed. DI is fantastic, even if the theme isn’t your cup of tea

#54 5 years ago

Dialed In is amazing.

Pirates is amazing.

Those 2 are on a different level. That's not taking anything away from the other games you are considering.

If you are into the theme, Iron Maiden would be next imo for game play and then Star Wars. I really wanted to like Star Wars and also DeadPool, but if I had to get rid of Dialed In or Pirates to do so, that would never, ever happen. ............................ever.

#55 5 years ago

This comes down to two games for me. IMDN and JJP POTC.

Do you like Iron Maiden? No question - get IMDN. The value alone is incredible. Amazing layout, great effects and call outs. I absolutely hate the music so it killed it for me but otherwise, I would still own it.

If you don't like maiden, POTC no question. Game is so loaded but you know this already. Did you know it's the smoothest wide body ever though : )

and I still have trouble understanding JJP haulting production of a game that's printing money as some pinsiders believe is the case. They have two lines, they don't need to stop POTC all together to get Wonka going. They just don't want to order more parts (IMO).....

#56 5 years ago

My 2 cents. Go with star wars. I have the pro version. Fun game even after a year. Consider deadpool in your decision too. I would strongly recommended looking into it over the other 4.

#57 5 years ago

I have not played Potc yet so can not recommend that but don’t care for the Stern pins you list. I’d recommend Woz or DI from my experience.

#58 5 years ago

I am going to look for where too play JJPOTC. sounds like I should try that game again. Thanks for the inputs. For me it is between SW and JJPOTC now.

#59 5 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

I am going to look for where too play JJPOTC. sounds like I should try that game again. Thanks for the inputs. For me it is between SW and JJPOTC now.

I own both. SW is an excellent game that will keep you busy for years. POTC is exponentially more so.

If I had to choose one it would be POTC without question.

#60 5 years ago

That's a lot of thoughts. I think the best bang for your buck is maiden. The layout is incredible and is truly unique. Keith did incredible with that game and his praise from me is well deserved. The others are very good games even at the pro level but maiden gets the most love from me

#61 5 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

Then I say go JJPOTC.

SW is awesome, but you already have Sterns so throw a JJP in there for some more variety. Pirates seemed mildly fun when I played it without knowing any of the intricacies of it & I wanted to play some more, give it a shot.
Other than, and goddamn I cannot believe this shit is still going on, under powered flippers which isn;t an issue at home casue you can adjust them.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

8,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cheko's Shop

Machine - For Sale
Smithtown, NY
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 7.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 64.99
$ 132.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

There are 61 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/thoughts-on-sw-vs-iron-maiden-vs-dp-vs-jjpotc/page/2?hl=zaki and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.