64%
  • no 13 votes
    36%

(36 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Foto 2.JPG
#1 9 years ago

I have a line on a sopranos trade. I've never played before but the theme jumps out at me. I would have to trade 2 machines that I enjoy for it...both in pretty good shape.
Sst
Lis
Thoughts please.

#2 9 years ago

Sopranos is a fantastic game IMPO. What condition is the Sopranos in?

#3 9 years ago

I love the game, as does my wife...in fact I bought our sopranos for her. As always you should play it yourself before you decide.

#4 9 years ago

I really like the game. I have one on route and have played a few on route. You work your way up the chain and do fun side jobs. Great call outs, some good shots, overall a solid newer ish stern for $3k ish.

#5 9 years ago

I've been told it's nice. Home use the last 6 yrs. What scares me it seems to be a love /hate with this game.

#6 9 years ago

Top title! Go get it!

#7 9 years ago

Did you ever watch the show? If you watched and liked the show, you'll most likely really dig it. Tons of shots, modes, multi-balls, and one of the hardest wizard modes I know of to start (Boss).

With that being said, the game would have to be super nice for me to trade the two you have for it. Both your games should fetch 2k ish on the open market, I've seen some really nice HUO Sopranos sell for right around 4k ish recently. Good luck!

#8 9 years ago

Big fan of the show, played it a lot on route, own one since a few months and love it
call outs are great with all the original actors, shots feel really satisfying to mee! Love the safe and the small center loop which absorbs the energy of a powerful shot in a really nice way.

Interesting interview with George Gomez about this game:

skip to minute 18:45 (but the whole video is awesome, lots of insights)

Anyway, i really appreciate this machine, so my vote is Go for it

Cheers

Foto 2.JPGFoto 2.JPG

#9 9 years ago

I owned the game and it was fun. The reason I sold it is because I felt the art on the playfield was terrible all Photoshop. The game feels cheaply made if that makes sense.

#10 9 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

I love the game, as does my wife...in fact I bought our sopranos for her. As always you should play it yourself before you decide.

Glad you love it. I miss it and am looking for another!

#11 9 years ago

I love the game. All about that short-plunge. Saving fish. Super fun game.

#12 9 years ago

When it first came out, I could not believe Stern would make such a stupid title. Then a buddy of mine bought one, I played it, loved it, and eventually bought it from him. Really good game, only sold mine because I was money hungry. I seem to recall it may have been the Korn on RGP that did an overlay of Sopranos and LOTR and the playfields are identical... if that means anything to you. If it's a good deal, I would not hesitate. Good luck. John

#13 9 years ago

Great game imo
And I've never seen the show either

#14 9 years ago

It's a game that grows on you, for sure.

#15 9 years ago

Have owned it since 2007 and love the game. Can stack quite nicely and set up each multiball during other multi balls kind of like SM. Boss mode is a very challenging mode that keeps me coming back.

In respect to being cheaply made, I have over 2500 plays on it and have only had to replace one light bulb as well as general playfield cleaning.

#16 9 years ago

I have one and have no intention of letting it go, and have been offered good money to let it go and have not. But I dont think that the 2 games you are offereing would be a fair trade for you if your machines are in decent shape

#17 9 years ago

I never understood why Sopranos never gets any love. If you look at the layout, it is exactly the identical layout to LOTR. I don't have photoshop skills but someone please post a pic of a Sopranos and LOTR playfield side by side. So yes, do the trade, it's a pretty good game.

#18 9 years ago

I love it. A grail pin for me. I have played 100s of games on it on location and cannot wait to have a like new version at home once I find one. Go get it! A lot of people say it is too easy, but I think getting to Boss on this game is super hard. Under Boss, yeah fairly easy, but Boss is tough.

#20 9 years ago

It is a great theme. It can get a bit gomezzy by having to hit shots multiple times back to the safe. It has been called the poor mans monster bash. The safe is Frankenstein , the fish the creature and the ramps akin to MB. Fun pin though lost its appeal quickly in a large collection for me.

#21 9 years ago
#22 9 years ago

Sopranos was a favorite of mine when it was at the local arcade years ago. I like that there are 2 ways to advance through the ranks by busting the safe or collecting the envelopes. Collecting switch hits for bing multiball is fun, and can get tense as the time runs out. Getting up to underboss is really cool, it's like a mini-wizard mode. Then once the other objectives are compete, boss mode is really fun too. Overall, I think it's a good game. Good luck!

#23 9 years ago

Hands down a fun game and a keeper. Went to play pinball one night with the wife and the place had 20 machines. Spent most of our time on Sopranos (and most of our cash). We were both drawn to the machine. Super fun! We still play it all the time! I won't ever sell it. You will not regret it, fun shots, great call outs, and in my opinion, great replay value. Good luck.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Louisville, KY
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Greeley, CO
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 8.50
Hardware
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/thoughts-on-sopranos-may-trade-for-one and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.