Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 29 posts
  • 19 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by royce6135
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 12 years ago

Worth the money? Seems far off from traditional pinball with all the animation but may be fun. Anyone play this?

#2 12 years ago

My fiancee has this on her Xbox and plays ALL the time. Great tables, ranging from the easier (BioLab, Mars) to the extremely difficult (Excalibur). Deep rulesets in all the games, and some fun extras that just aren't possible in the normal world (exploding orange ball on Spiderman, walking Doc Ock, catapults that fling pinballs at the castle in Excalibur, etc.)

Highly recommended.

Later,
    EV

#3 12 years ago

Best pinball emulator I have ever played. Loving the iPad version lately.

#4 12 years ago
    Quoted from pinb0t:

Best pinball emulator I have ever played. Loving the iPad version lately.

go try visual pinball on windows...soo good.

#5 12 years ago
    Quoted from practicalsteve:

Worth the money? Seems far off from traditional pinball with all the animation but may be fun. Anyone play this?

very much worth the money

#6 12 years ago

Good to know! I will get them tonight. I wish I could do the visual pinball thing but we are an apple household and those only seem to be on the PC. If anyone has info on getting visual pinball to work on a mac I would greatly appreciate that too!

#7 12 years ago

Iv got the Marvel set of games, some tables are better than others; but in general its a passable distraction til you can get back to the real thing.

#8 12 years ago

Got it. Seems fun so far, unfortunately teen mom 2 came on and I had to give the TV over to the wife.

Quoted from DrStarkweather:

passable distraction

That is definitely how I look at it, no way near the real thing.

#9 12 years ago

I think they're fun. Over the top, but fun, especially for the price.

#10 12 years ago

I tried it just to get a pinball fix but I couldn't do it..

#11 12 years ago

It's great, I swear by it.
    Pick it up fo' sho'

#12 12 years ago

Best game on the 360 bar none
    Add me up for some high score challenges: Mr Wizcat

#13 12 years ago

I like it a lot, I think it's a good deal for the money. The physics seem really good to me, and the table designs show real imagination. I wish they'd make it so you could play these tables on a Virtuapin. If that was possible, I'd buy or make a Virtuapin pronto.

I also have to give Zen props for continuing to support the game by releasing cool new tables on a regular basis. They offered a free Haunted House themed table around Halloween that has a back box playfield like Banzai Run. It's sweet!

#14 12 years ago

I prefer the physics in the pinball hof games, but fx2 is good. I really like Biolab. Neat looking table with good rules. I'm not crazy about the other included tables, but Pasha is ok. I bought the Marvel collection on the black Friday sale but haven't tried them yet. Hoping those are as good as Biolab.

#15 12 years ago

I find Williams Pinball Hall of Fame to be much better. I used to think that Pinball FX2 was superior and the only way to go, but once I started playing real machines all the time, I found FX2 to be lacking (boring tables, frustrating shots, lack of exciting call outs, hard to get multiball, questionable scoring, long game times). Williams Hall of Fame has better table physics and better table designs IMHO (they are based on real tables after all).

In fairness though, I got many, many hours of fun initially out of Pinball FX2. For the price, give it a shot.

#16 12 years ago
    Quoted from practicalsteve:

Good to know! I will get them tonight. I wish I could do the visual pinball thing but we are an apple household and those only seem to be on the PC. If anyone has info on getting visual pinball to work on a mac I would greatly appreciate that too!

boot camp or parallels The app HAS to run in windows xp or 7. It ran great on my mac book pro 13" and mac book 13" w/ xp sp3.

#17 12 years ago

Really Great game. Ranked 10 out of 10 by game informer. As good if not better than Williams Collection

#18 12 years ago

why would you only own 1 of the games. Buy them all!!!

#19 12 years ago

It's alright. I played a lot of it when it was first released. I prefer actual games, so the I'd rather play the Williams Collection, and I'm really interested in the upcoming Pinball Arcade. I love being able to learn games you don't get to see very often. Then, when you do get the chance to play one, you know what you should be doing.

It's also cool to see a game you've played replicated in a video game. It's certainly not as good as the real thing, but definitely worth it for the price.

#20 12 years ago

can you get these on market place? I havent seen them yet.

#21 12 years ago

I FX than went and got Williams collection. The FX tables are fun with the non real world things that go on, as for Williams collection real world machines in a video setting. You can play the big $$ machines on a budget.

#22 12 years ago

I totally agree on the Williams HOF collection, I have played that one to death, thats why I was looking to branch out.

#23 12 years ago

Yea the HOF collection is awesome, however, I feel that FX2 has better gameplay. The tables take some getting used too. I play it every once and a while and still find it fun, I just make sure I beat all of DeaconBlooze scores. HA!

#24 12 years ago
    Quoted from PaulyB18:

I just make sure I beat all of DeaconBlooze scores. HA!

Proof some prefer fantasy to reality!

#25 12 years ago
    Quoted from Deaconblooze:

Proof some prefer fantasy to reality!

Screenshot or it didn't happen. I'll post pics tonight, better beat me home to up your scores scrub!

#26 12 years ago

The new Marvel pack is up and going now! It adds Thor, Ghost Rider, Moon Knight, and Xmen. I'm Samuchtura on 360.

#27 12 years ago

Moon Knight?! What a random character.

#28 12 years ago
    Quoted from PaulyB18:

Screenshot or it didn't happen.

I know you have me beat on FX2, but I was referencing reality.

#29 12 years ago

I have played it. It is fun but if i had money i would buy the real deal any day.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/thoughts-on-pinball-fx2-for-xbox-360 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.