(Topic ID: 294425)

Thoughts on Pinball Adventures

By Charlemagne1987

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

972503_7a2763b3ffed468482a6930c4ac757c9_mv2 (resized).jpg
    bullshit-lies.gif
    Screen Shot 2022-05-31 at 11.35.57 AM (resized).png
    Screen Shot 2022-01-27 at 6.36.20 AM (resized).png
    200.gif
    Screen Shot 2021-06-17 at 10.54.59 AM (resized).png
    Screen Shot 2021-06-17 at 10.55.07 AM (resized).png
    Screen Shot 2021-06-17 at 10.54.39 AM (resized).png
    Screen Shot 2021-06-17 at 10.54.34 AM (resized).png
    Screen Shot 2021-06-17 at 10.54.28 AM (resized).png
    elementals (resized).jpg
    C8E6F566-2BA0-44D0-B41D-D2B0FC57197F.jpeg
    110B0C56-D0BD-4119-A03C-E1BE9A120EB6 (resized).jpeg
    mcbain (resized).jpg
    thats-wack-pinball-game (resized).jpg
    4F75A526-A494-4C0E-BE1B-ACFF764E6F0C (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider treybo69.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#87 2 years ago

He's either even dumber than he appears to be or an Andy Kaufman level troll

#95 2 years ago
    Quoted from toddtuckey:

...and isn't it a "wannabe" and not "want-a-be" ? Another carefully proofread line by his "team" who "proofread" my book? (And YES...I WANNA BE FAMOUS---and RICH---and LOVED---and APPRECIATED---and finally win a TWIPPY!

“How dare you want to be successful at your life’s work” - Andrew (probably)

#98 2 years ago

Is it down? Seems to work for me

I noticed he took down his actual website a few days ago. I was curious if maybe the Don Knotts estate was got wise, but the youtube stuff still seems to be there.

#101 2 years ago
    Quoted from Nokoro:

I get a notice that it was marked private. Maybe you’re just in the select group . . . .

Oh I was looking at the wrong videos then. All the Punny stuff is still up

Maybe someone did try to get him in trouble for all the stolen stuff in his videos.

4 weeks later
    #109 2 years ago

Some people say deeproot is a scam and tax write off as a fun passion project. If so, it’s a terrible one. Pinball Adventure? Pretty excellent one all things considered.

I genuinely think this dude is having a lot of fun making these silly/awful videos, managing the project, doing some hands on work, and is content if they only build a handful of units.

Don’t get me wrong, the company will fail in the traditional sense. I really can’t tell how serious he is about all of this, but he’s getting stuff done (albeit in a very D- grade way)

If the worst things he’s done are a series of bad dad jokes and ripping off the Don Knotts estate, so what?

It’s hard to separate this project to how he treated Todd Tuckey’s book collaboration. Maybe he is hurting team members in private?

I don’t know anymore with this guy… he seems like a home brewer trying to take advantage of the system.

#111 2 years ago
    Quoted from PismoArcade:

I'm assuming you've read the other threads?

I’m guessing I’m missing something?

I know he screwed Todd, which is awful.

Besides that, he’s posted a lot of dumb game concepts

Punny Factory is a meh throw back layout with some very basic rules and a lot of bad dad jokes. The art had some sort of budget?

And then there was some other game that is only in rudimentary shooting VPin form, but has some original/iterative ideas.

That and lots of stealing of random clips, pictures, likenesses rights for his weird videos (including someone in a homebrew thread)

I’ve also seen him post pictures of parts and some built games. Again, he’s just a home brewer with no taste and a small budget to burn.

Idk. Not my sort of trainwreck that I keep up with

10 months later
    #115 1 year ago

https://www.pinballadventures.com/punny-progress-page/

I thought this was interesting. Don't know how accurate it is, but it's the status on all the orders thus far. 10 games ordered, all in the same state, but only the first machine has a name attached to it. They could just be proactively building the other 9.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider treybo69.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/thoughts-on-pinball-adventures-?tu=treybo69 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.