Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 112 posts
  • 38 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 months ago by PismoArcade
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

200.gif
    Screen Shot 2021-06-17 at 10.54.59 AM (resized).png
    Screen Shot 2021-06-17 at 10.55.07 AM (resized).png
    Screen Shot 2021-06-17 at 10.54.39 AM (resized).png
    Screen Shot 2021-06-17 at 10.54.34 AM (resized).png
    Screen Shot 2021-06-17 at 10.54.28 AM (resized).png
    elementals (resized).jpg
    C8E6F566-2BA0-44D0-B41D-D2B0FC57197F.jpeg
    110B0C56-D0BD-4119-A03C-E1BE9A120EB6 (resized).jpeg
    mcbain (resized).jpg
    thats-wack-pinball-game (resized).jpg
    4F75A526-A494-4C0E-BE1B-ACFF764E6F0C (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png

There are 112 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
    #101 4 months ago
    Quoted from Nokoro:

I get a notice that it was marked private. Maybe you’re just in the select group . . . .

Oh I was looking at the wrong videos then. All the Punny stuff is still up

Maybe someone did try to get him in trouble for all the stolen stuff in his videos.

#102 4 months ago

You can access anyone's website here, including mine... it appears his website has nine different captures...this appears to be the last capture and only the game pages are present... https://web.archive.org/web/20210517023046/https://www.pinballbuzz.com/ (Nothing is secret these days!)

#103 4 months ago

Wow! This guy is missing a few yolks from the omelet.

4 weeks later
    #104 3 months ago

A month since the last post, website is still down and most videos removed.

#105 3 months ago

Copyright police caught 'em.

#106 3 months ago

I'm sure this is done. Not like it had any real chance anyway.

#107 3 months ago
    Quoted from Only_Pinball:

I'm sure this is done. Not like it had any real chance anyway.

Edit: Never mind. On second thought, mean spirited and unnecessary.

However, typing it out made me feel good.

#108 3 months ago

Has anyone taken delivery of their Punny Factory yet?

#109 3 months ago

Some people say deeproot is a scam and tax write off as a fun passion project. If so, it’s a terrible one. Pinball Adventure? Pretty excellent one all things considered.

I genuinely think this dude is having a lot of fun making these silly/awful videos, managing the project, doing some hands on work, and is content if they only build a handful of units.

Don’t get me wrong, the company will fail in the traditional sense. I really can’t tell how serious he is about all of this, but he’s getting stuff done (albeit in a very D- grade way)

If the worst things he’s done are a series of bad dad jokes and ripping off the Don Knotts estate, so what?

It’s hard to separate this project to how he treated Todd Tuckey’s book collaboration. Maybe he is hurting team members in private?

I don’t know anymore with this guy… he seems like a home brewer trying to take advantage of the system.

#110 3 months ago
    Quoted from TreyBo69:

Some people say deeproot is a scam and tax write off as a fun passion project. If so, it’s a terrible one. Pinball Adventure? Pretty excellent one all things considered.
    I genuinely think this dude is having a lot of fun making these silly/awful videos, managing the project, doing some hands on work, and is content if they only build a handful of units.
    Don’t get me wrong, the company will fail in the traditional sense. I really can’t tell how serious he is about all of this, but he’s getting stuff done (albeit in a very D- grade way)
    If the worst things he’s done are a series of bad dad jokes and ripping off the Don Knotts estate, so what?
    It’s hard to separate this project to how he treated Todd Tuckey’s boom collaboration. Maybe he is hurting team members in private?
    I don’t know anymore with this guy… he seems like a home brewer trying to take advantage of the system.

The Don Knotts stuff was a goof. In my opinion, the lolcow arrogant attitude has earned him distain and mega downvotes.

#111 3 months ago
    Quoted from PismoArcade:

I'm assuming you've read the other threads?

I’m guessing I’m missing something?

I know he screwed Todd, which is awful.

Besides that, he’s posted a lot of dumb game concepts

Punny Factory is a meh throw back layout with some very basic rules and a lot of bad dad jokes. The art had some sort of budget?

And then there was some other game that is only in rudimentary shooting VPin form, but has some original/iterative ideas.

That and lots of stealing of random clips, pictures, likenesses rights for his weird videos (including someone in a homebrew thread)

I’ve also seen him post pictures of parts and some built games. Again, he’s just a home brewer with no taste and a small budget to burn.

Idk. Not my sort of trainwreck that I keep up with

#112 3 months ago
    Quoted from TreyBo69:

I’m guessing I’m missing something?
    I know he screwed Todd, which is awful.
    Besides that, he’s posted a lot of dumb game concepts
    Punny Factory is a meh throw back layout with some very basic rules and a lot of bad dad jokes. The art had some sort of budget?
    And then there was some other game that is only in rudimentary shooting VPin form, but has some original/iterative ideas.
    That and lots of stealing of random clips, pictures, likenesses rights for his weird videos (including someone in a homebrew thread)
    I’ve also seen him post pictures of parts and some built games. Again, he’s just a home brewer with no taste and a small budget to burn.
    Idk. Not my sort of trainwreck that I keep up with

Sorry. Reread your post but deleted my response too late.

Both of your posts are well thought out. I'm a dope.

There are 112 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside