(Topic ID: 294425)

Thoughts on Pinball Adventures

By Charlemagne1987

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

972503_7a2763b3ffed468482a6930c4ac757c9_mv2 (resized).jpg
    bullshit-lies.gif
    Screen Shot 2022-05-31 at 11.35.57 AM (resized).png
    Screen Shot 2022-01-27 at 6.36.20 AM (resized).png
    200.gif
    Screen Shot 2021-06-17 at 10.54.59 AM (resized).png
    Screen Shot 2021-06-17 at 10.55.07 AM (resized).png
    Screen Shot 2021-06-17 at 10.54.39 AM (resized).png
    Screen Shot 2021-06-17 at 10.54.34 AM (resized).png
    Screen Shot 2021-06-17 at 10.54.28 AM (resized).png
    elementals (resized).jpg
    C8E6F566-2BA0-44D0-B41D-D2B0FC57197F.jpeg
    110B0C56-D0BD-4119-A03C-E1BE9A120EB6 (resized).jpeg
    mcbain (resized).jpg
    thats-wack-pinball-game (resized).jpg
    4F75A526-A494-4C0E-BE1B-ACFF764E6F0C (resized).png
    There are 128 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
    #51 2 years ago
    Quoted from Charlemagne1987:

If so, and if he’s the jerk he appears to be in the thread you linked, why is TWIP bothering to feature his company? He sounds like a con.

TWIP needs to fill space like any other publication, and this dipshit MCBAIN!!! is nothing if not a great supplier of filler. TWIP isn't an arbiter of quality control they are just a "pinball news" outlet, and in between Stern releases there really isn't too much pinball news.

mcbain (resized).jpgmcbain (resized).jpg
    #52 2 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Does this mean Zombie Sushi is on the backburner?!

Sadly, it's still on his website. Oof.

110B0C56-D0BD-4119-A03C-E1BE9A120EB6 (resized).jpeg110B0C56-D0BD-4119-A03C-E1BE9A120EB6 (resized).jpeg
    #53 2 years ago
    Quoted from PismoArcade:

[quoted image]

Theme has potential but the execution isn't racist enough imo

#54 2 years ago
    Quoted from PismoArcade:

[quoted image]

Looks like a racist stereotype from the 1940's...sigh.

#55 2 years ago

I made this comment back when he had 6 games listed and they were all just ridiculous one paragraph stream-of-consciousness CONCEPTS. These “games” are more like bar-stool banter rather than anything material.

This was one of his hack-job concepts that he removed and added over and over to his website.
    A great summation of his warped mental state.

C8E6F566-2BA0-44D0-B41D-D2B0FC57197F.jpegC8E6F566-2BA0-44D0-B41D-D2B0FC57197F.jpeg
    #56 2 years ago

He's like if you took Robert Mueller but cut the IQ in half and made him smoke a pound of weed

#57 2 years ago
    Quoted from Haymaker:

He's like if you took Robert Mueller but cut the IQ in half and made him smoke a pound of weed

That’s an insult to weed.

#58 2 years ago

It really does come off as gibberish.

Maybe this is all a work and will be featured in an upcoming "AI Markets Pinball!" youtube video?

#59 2 years ago

Well, this was 11 minutes of my life I won't be getting back.

#60 2 years ago

It's this guy, right? https://www.surreynowleader.com/news/dragons-den-a-surrey-engineers-ingenuity-pays-off/

What do you suppose it means, that he narrated hundreds of Playstation games?!?

#61 2 years ago

that's the dumbest trailer, for the worst theme, of the scammiest product from the most hopeless company i've ever seen.

also, they used a photograph from Modern Pinball NYC, which includes about 20 people I know personally. I'll bet none of them even know they're in that.

elementals (resized).jpgelementals (resized).jpg
    #62 2 years ago
    Quoted from bigehrl:

they used a photograph from Modern Pinball NYC, which includes about 20 people I know personally. I'll bet none of them even know they're in that.

DCMA takedown notice been sent yet?

#63 2 years ago
    Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

DCMA takedown notice been sent yet?

i think there's a class-action being formed. unfortunately the entire "class" is only composed of Greg Poverelli, Frank "The towel", and some 3rd grader from a local Charter School.

#64 2 years ago
    Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Doesn't look like there is a machine yet, just a test fixture for shot layout. Way too soon to call it a game. Perhaps in 6 months we'll see a prototype. I'm a big fan of Dave Sanders layouts and shot geometry so we'll see! I assume he's working on this one.

This one isn't mine; I'm working on something else. Elements came as out of the blue to me as everyone else. I do know now who the designer is (and it wasn't who I initially thought); he's French. Layout-wise, I'm impressed with what he's done. His whitewood is also at a more advanced stage.

#65 2 years ago
    Quoted from Rondogg:

Looks like a racist stereotype from the 1940's...sigh.

I know how I'd worldbuild the Sushi Mania concept so that the elements fit together into a way that makes sense. In much the same way that the CFTBL license was used as the stepping stone to a different overarching theme of 50s drive-in culture, turn this one into an anime pastiche. Keep the 'story' elements but give it the right graphic style, the right tone, the right characters, and have fun throwing in so many anime and sentai tropes that the joke becomes 'yes, they really do make anime series out of ridiculous things like this'. Because they DO.

#66 2 years ago
    Quoted from Palmer:

Unauthorized Autobiography?! So does Todd have multiple personality disorder now?
    Also, Andrew is a POS.

Maybe Otaku is Todd's ghost writer.

#67 2 years ago
    Quoted from EalaDubhSidhe:

This one isn't mine; I'm working on something else. Elements came as out of the blue to me as everyone else. I do know now who the designer is (and it wasn't who I initially thought); he's French. Layout-wise, I'm impressed with what he's done. His whitewood is also at a more advanced stage.

Why do you keep working for maniacs? Hope this one is paying you.

#68 2 years ago
    Quoted from Haymaker:

Yes, but which is worse honestly. I guess I would take the non-lawyer asshole.

#69 2 years ago
    Quoted from RyanStl:

Yes, but which is worse honestly. I guess I would take the non-lawyer asshole.

Macbain is worse. Just because he isn't a lawyer himself doesn't mean hes not still a litigious dbag. He just pays other people to do his dirty work, or at least constantly threatens it.

Credit were credit is due though, Andrew has at least shown boxes full of parts for his games. Something Robert has yet to accomplish.

#70 2 years ago
    Quoted from PismoArcade:

All you need to know about Pinball Adventures and Andrew MacBain is this hit piece book he’s selling trashing Todd Tuckey.
    I hope Todd gets a good lawyer.
    [quoted image]

I am actually looking forward to my "Autobiography" even though I didn't write it! I am anxious to hear about my imminent demise--hopefully it will involve breakfast at Daddypops Diner, Lots of Brewed Coffee, Plenty of shows where we meet Pinball and Arcade Game Collectors, and late night dinners at Applebee's with friends and employees, along with the 210 spelling/grammatical corrections and the left out QR Codes that the editor and "team" at Pinball Adventures deemed unnecessary to my botched book--Volume One!
    Todd

#71 2 years ago
    Quoted from Dooskie:

Maybe Otaku is Todd's ghost writer.

Quoted from toddtuckey:

I am actually looking forward to my "Autobiography" even though I didn't write it! I am anxious to hear about my imminent demise--hopefully it will involve breakfast at Daddypops Diner, Lots of Brewed Coffee, Plenty of shows where we meet Pinball and Arcade Game Collectors, and late night dinners at Applebee's with friends and employees, along with the 210 spelling/grammatical corrections and the left out QR Codes that the editor and "team" at Pinball Adventures deemed unnecessary to my botched book--Volume One!
    Todd

If I ghost wrote it would be great things because I am heavily biased by hundreds of delicious chicken tenders.

Yes, lots of APPLEBEES! (It must be over 40 times by now... all the crew goes nuts for the chicken tenders)

We also did Italian down at the Cinesea in Wildwood... and let's not forget the West Chester Diner travesty...

Todd and I go out to dinner often, at times once or twice a week with different variations of our very close group of friends, always followed by a day or night of being at the TNT shop (my second home!), and he is as good of a guy as he appears on the camera (and better, especially when you are one of his close friends). Most people that are known for camera appearances tend to put on an act and appear less genuine "behind the scenes" or in reality, but Todd is just not one of those people. At all. Off camera you get the same funny personality (knowing him very well and for so many years, and it's 12 AM at the TNT shop for the billionth time with just the close-knit crew who know him well, you of course just get pure Todd with no "face" put on whatsoever... just the purest, most relaxed form of a person you can get... and needless to say there's still as much debauchery, fun, and joking around as there is on the videos - he is just a GREAT genuine guy) with even more genuine gestures and good times. Todd is good to his friends and employees, and a very charitable individual. That's all I gotta say about that! And I was not paid... nor FED... to write this!

One of the most genuine people I have ever met! Lots of great discussions and advice from this man over the years, and just a very good, and very close, friend.

Anyways, here I am, repeating myself...

Steven

#72 2 years ago

Oh, part 2...

Regardless of expressing any personal feelings about the book... I just struggle to see what sort of content it will be filled with, as knowing Todd for many years as one of his closest friends, there is just not many "skeletons in the closet"... just a plain good, honest guy! There isn't much material for a hit piece, even knowing him much better for than the author and being the fly on the wall for countless TNT moments over the years.

This concerns me that the content will just be lies or speculation due to lack of content, as even knowing Todd well, I wouldn't be able to come up with enough negative information to fill a chapter of a book, let alone an entire novel. Watch out for "filler"!

Andrew, you are a nice guy with a lot of neat ideas... I think it would do very well for you to ditch this book idea and focus on your pinball games, you don't see Gary Stern or Jersey Jack writing books about people... it doesn't fit and would be a stain on your record... I think it would be more beneficial for you yourself to just let it go (let alone Todd, who will be fine either way). Keep your head in the game and don't worry about a silly book! I think you would gain a lot of respect from everybody for letting this hit piece go, especially from me as I know Todd well and know it is not deserved. You would have more content writing a hit piece on Mickey Mouse or Mother Teresa. Todd is just Todd, and he's a good harmless guy. Wishing you the best of luck on your machines. If you really want to make it big in pinball, this is not a good step... "petty is never pretty"

Just speaking my mind and not looking to offend. I wish you the best!

Steven

#73 2 years ago
    Quoted from Gameseum:

Oh, part 2...
    Regardless of expressing any personal feelings about the book... I just struggle to see what sort of content it will be filled with, as knowing Todd for many years as one of his closest friends, there is just not many "skeletons in the closet"... just a plain good, honest guy! There isn't much material for a hit piece, even knowing him much better for than the author and being the fly on the wall for countless TNT moments over the years.
    This concerns me that the content will just be lies or speculation due to lack of content, as even knowing Todd well, I wouldn't be able to come up with enough negative information to fill a chapter of a book, let alone an entire novel. Watch out for "filler"!
    Andrew, you are a nice guy with a lot of neat ideas... I think it would do very well for you to ditch this book idea and focus on your pinball games, you don't see Gary Stern or Jersey Jack writing books about people... it doesn't fit and would be a stain on your record... I think it would be more beneficial for you yourself to just let it go (let alone Todd, who will be fine either way). Keep your head in the game and don't worry about a silly book! I think you would gain a lot of respect from everybody for letting this hit piece go, especially from me as I know Todd well and know it is not deserved. You would have more content writing a hit piece on Mickey Mouse or Mother Teresa. Todd is just Todd, and he's a good harmless guy. Wishing you the best of luck on your machines. If you really want to make it big in pinball, this is not a good step... "petty is never pretty"
    Just speaking my mind and not looking to offend. I wish you the best!
    Steven

Thanks Steven for all your support and kind words...and we DO have alot of fun here during and after hours with our friends and employees! I seriously doubt Andrew ever had any plans to write any sort of book. He posted that "book Cover" a year and a half ago, just to take a good-natured jab at me. It certainly is not what the President and CEO of an upcoming Pinball Machine Company would do, but Andrew is full of surprises and alot of other stuff! Todd

1 week later
    #74 2 years ago

LMFAO a white board? I think you mean white wood. Andrew, you never cease to amaze me

#75 2 years ago

Who is the target audience for these videos? 8 year olds or people with money to purchase machines. Very odd.

#76 2 years ago

"Most epic ever"

#77 2 years ago

Don Knotts rolling in his grave.

#78 2 years ago

Jesus this guy is out of his mind.

Screen Shot 2021-06-17 at 10.54.28 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-06-17 at 10.54.28 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-06-17 at 10.54.34 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-06-17 at 10.54.34 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-06-17 at 10.54.39 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-06-17 at 10.54.39 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-06-17 at 10.54.59 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-06-17 at 10.54.59 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-06-17 at 10.55.07 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-06-17 at 10.55.07 AM (resized).png
    #79 2 years ago

Out of his mind.

Love that he calls himself a "content creator" when his slapdash garbage videos are nothing but randomly stitched together stolen video fragments.

#80 2 years ago

WTF (again).

#81 2 years ago

I said it before; Dude is obsessed with Todd Tuckey. He just can't let it go.

...and it's "wannabe", not "want-a-be", you hack.

#82 2 years ago
    Quoted from Palmer:

Jesus this guy is out of his mind.
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Bob the Builder ought a sue for copyright...

#83 2 years ago
    Quoted from chad:

Bob the Builder ought a sue for copyright...

...along with Herb Alpert, Ira Newborn, (the guy wrote the theme to "Police Squad!"), The Don Knotts estate.....

#84 2 years ago

Can you imagine if Todd Tuckey of all people were living rent free in your head?

Let's just say you wouldn't get much sleep. And would be driven insane. Quickly.

#85 2 years ago

MacBain is a fascinating lolcow

#86 2 years ago

So he complains about trolls ruining everything, then immediately trolls Todd? This guy must have fallen out of the irony tree and hit every branch on the way down.

#87 2 years ago

He's either even dumber than he appears to be or an Andy Kaufman level troll

#88 2 years ago
    Quoted from JodyG:

So he complains about trolls tuining everything, then immediately trolls Todd? This guy must have fallen out of the irony tree and hit every branch on the way down.

He doesn't even know what troll means. He constantly uses it incorrectly.

Quoted from TreyBo69:

He's either even dumber than he appears to be or an Andy Kaufman level troll

its the former

#90 2 years ago

Waiting for the Don Knotts estate to sue him honestly because they still have a lot of creative control and he’s definitely gonna get smacked by them. You can’t just steal his likeness ‘cause he’s dead

#91 2 years ago

Painful

#92 2 years ago

Andrew just H A T E S me! ...and HE ruined my book!

#93 2 years ago

and....he makes fun of my "HHHOOOOOOPPPPPPPSSSS" line too!

#94 2 years ago

...and isn't it a "wannabe" and not "want-a-be" ? Another carefully proofread line by his "team" who "proofread" my book? (And YES...I WANNA BE FAMOUS---and RICH---and LOVED---and APPRECIATED---and finally win a TWIPPY!

#95 2 years ago
    Quoted from toddtuckey:

...and isn't it a "wannabe" and not "want-a-be" ? Another carefully proofread line by his "team" who "proofread" my book? (And YES...I WANNA BE FAMOUS---and RICH---and LOVED---and APPRECIATED---and finally win a TWIPPY!

“How dare you want to be successful at your life’s work” - Andrew (probably)

#96 2 years ago

Hmmm. The initial teaser video seems to have been taken down.

#97 2 years ago
    Quoted from Nokoro:

Hmmm. The initial teaser video seems to have been taken down.

They must have sold out all their presale spots

#98 2 years ago

Is it down? Seems to work for me

I noticed he took down his actual website a few days ago. I was curious if maybe the Don Knotts estate was got wise, but the youtube stuff still seems to be there.

#99 2 years ago

Somebody please archive the videos for future generations to cringe at. Andrew is a great lolcow.
    Zero self-awareness
    Ego that stretches from sea to wretched sea!
    And he continually digs his own grave while shaking his fist at us.

#100 2 years ago
    Quoted from TreyBo69:

Is it down? Seems to work for me
    I noticed he took down his actual website a few days ago. I was curious if maybe the Don Knotts estate was got wise, but the youtube stuff still seems to be there.

I get a notice that it was marked private. Maybe you’re just in the select group . . . .

There are 128 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/thoughts-on-pinball-adventures-/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.