• 20 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Jared
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

One for sale in my area. Never played or seen one

#2 10 years ago

I recently bought one with a few issues for $675. I really like it but you have some top tier new games. LW3 may not fit in well with those. Data East menus are extremely annoying.

The actual game play is similar to T2 without the cannon.

#3 10 years ago

it's fun, it's simple. For me it was even nostalgic, I sold it after a year

Don't pay much more than $800 for one unless it's stellar condition

#4 10 years ago

IMO it's the best DMD under $1k available.

#5 10 years ago

Fun game not to difficult and probably a good bang for the buck there were a few on e-bay that sold around 1k

#6 10 years ago

definitely a bang for the buck, multi-balls, fast, nice lightshow (look incredible with leds), dmd. simple rules yet fun to play.
used to have one in great condition. a nice one is from $1200 to $1500

#7 10 years ago

I agree, It is a great pin for under 1k. More than that, I would make sure you like it.

#8 10 years ago

a lot of people are turned off by the theme with Mel Gibson but it's a fun game with a lot going for it. They are usually reasonably priced..

#10 10 years ago

Had mine over a year and its still fun, make sure you keep it waxed plays better I think.

#11 10 years ago

It's a goofy game but I really enjoy it. The theme is well-integrated with cut-scenes from the movie. Drop targets to light multi is good risk/reward vs progressing through the movie cut scenes.

The big problem with the playfield is the ramp. It's too easy and turns LW3 into a one-shot game. I recommend putting the biggest post rubbers you can find on it to make it harder.

The video mode where you have to fire the gun at the perp while keeping your ball in play is one of the best in pinball. I really wish more games did video modes like that.

The only downside as far as theme is Rene Russo is non-existent except for the translite.

#12 10 years ago
Quoted from jonnyo:

The only downside as far as theme is Rene Russo is non-existent except for the translite.

Not true, her character shows up to say "EXTRA BALL IS LIT!", but yea it would have been nice to have more than one line by her

#13 10 years ago

If I had lots of room it would've stayed. It's a great game to play and was the favorite of guests.

#14 10 years ago

I had one....two actually. I would say good game for the money (as long as you don't pay more than about 1100 - 1200). "ok, ok, ok" sound byte gets old, but game play is decent.

#15 10 years ago

Price comparison. One for sale in fl for $1200.

#16 10 years ago

I played it when it came out back in the 90s and never really liked it. Data Least.

#17 10 years ago

Had my lw3 the longest. Love it. Choose your song and fire the gun during play. Fight mode is awesome. Police light looks great.

#18 10 years ago

Had one for years and still play it regularly. Some don't like the gun type
theme. Note that there are NO crummy plastic ramps on LW3.
Steve

#19 10 years ago

I have a LW3 on location at Nickel City San Diego and it gets played a lot by both casual players and pinheads. I actually pulled it out a few months ago to rotate in another game. However, so many people complained once I pulled it out that the owner had me bring it back a couple weeks later.

#20 10 years ago

Good bang for the buck pin. I miss mine. In the age of high priced dmd pins lw3 is still a bargin.

#21 10 years ago

It's a great pinball, I've seen them a lot but never was interested in playing it , and the day I played it I really enjoyed it .it has a lot of things going on and I might pick one up someday .....

#22 10 years ago

It plays C&C Music Factory.

That fact alone should make it worthy of ownership. Dancing while playing pinball? Yes please.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
2,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Milwaukee, WI
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

3,481 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
York, NE
4,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plantsville, CT
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.95
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

3,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Rochester, MN
$ 28.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 85.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/thoughts-on-lethal-weapon-3-pinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.